Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dilinja1

Terrace tickets on ticketmaster for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

According to this if we get a draw im Sunday we're guaranteed at least Top 3

'Davy Fitz’s side needs a point in their final two games to secure advancing out of the group stages for the first time. The problem is they are playing Clare and Limerick away. If they fail to do that, they need Cork to lose to Tipp and the Premier men losing their final game against Clare to secure third spot'

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Montys return

It's wrong. If we lose to Clare and draw with Limerick, Cork beat Tipp and Tipp beat Clare there would be 3 teams on 4 points. If we were hammered by Limerick in that scenario, we'd be out.

Let's hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cbwfd

Anyone have news on injuries? Is Prunty available? You'd have to imagine either Shane Bennett or Curran start this weekend. We need that extra bit of scoring power in the forward line I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Missed them and can see none left. Do ye reckon more should be released tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

LLads I was able to get a ticket just now after googling the match. When I checked the ticketmaster app it was saying there were none available. Just giving ye a heads up in case ye did the same as me and were relying on the app. Up the Déise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 McBurgermacs

Fagan for prunty the only change (named)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭deisedude

The ticketmaster app really is worse than useless. Amazing it can be so bad for such a big company

One change Fagan for Prunty

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JD. 60

Thanks for the early update. So much for being a Horizons member .... no such team news from them.

I think Davy might change the actual starting 15 from the official team announced on this occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'd have Shane Bennett or Paddy Curran for Kevin Mahony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭seananigans

live logs and proper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

yea tbf Curran must be wondering what he has to do to get a start. Still a great option off the bench popped up with some crucial scores when he came on the last 2 games. Has great positional sense even when coming into the game late. I thought shane Bennett looked a bit off it when he came on the last day although he had a bad injury the week before apparantly

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Gluteus_Maximus

never mind all the permutations.

Waterford need to win on Sunday to ensure progress. They have enough quality in the team to do it if they play to their potential and Davy enables that. Clare are very strong and at home but they probably think they have it won already so if Waterford are set up right, play to their potential and have heads right they can win it. Hope Dessie has his sights in. Of course it will be very hard to win and Clare are justifiably favourites based on their recent form and recent games against Waterford but I sincerely hope this Waterford team give it their best shot. As someone said above psychology is crucial. Ferocious tackling and work rate and good use of the ball and who knows

Best of luck to the Senior footballers and the Celtic Challenge teams today

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Celtic challenge team lose to KK in the semi final. A good campaign for them though. The win in Ennis a definite highlight.

The minor footballers get a great win in the all Ireland prelim QF in all Ireland tier 3 away to Offaly. 4-11 to 0-13 final score

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I have a spare stand ticket available for Ennis tomorrow if anyone is stuck - drop me a a DM

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Whitenblue93

any decent pubs to go to before the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭enoughtaken

Ciaran’s bar. Great GAA pub. Only a short walk to ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭decies

slight difference . Can the marketing department not do better can’t be purchased online either ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

I wouldn’t necessarily fault a marketing team for it, they can only big up what they are given. In terms of prizes and value I’d certainly agree. I honestly don’t know how that draw hasn’t been completely revamped yet with a link to local car dealerships and travel agents etc for prizes as well as cash. Maybe the businesses just can’t afford to make such contributions though.

In terms of buying online it does seem to be available online. There’s a QR code there to scan, although admittedly I haven’t followed the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LohansRedHelmet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the main two streets of the town are a bit of a building site at the moment but all the good pubs are on it and only a 2 min walk from the ground , the diamond, , brogans for food , ciarans , knoxes probably better after the game

what a day for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

best of luck to the lads today
    bring everything you Brought to the previous 2 games and seize the opportunities when they arise and we’ve got a great chance
    deise abu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Cake Man

The very best of luck to Davy and all the lads today, safe travels to anyone making the journey up.

It’ll be a big ask and a win up there would be an absolutely massive result. If you were a betting man you’d say the smart money is on a relatively straightforward Clare win by 5-8pts but I said the same last weekend of Limerick taking care of Cork.

I’d be going in in a bit more hope than expectation but could well turn out to be one of those great days. I feel it’ll either go really well or totally disastrous, there’ll be no in between! Would love to get a win as I’m just sick of losing to them. Outside of Limerick I don’t think there’s any team we’ve as dire a record against in the last few years as Clare so today’s the day to end that rotten run.

Need everyone to put in a huge performance and fight like dogs (unlike previous years up there) to have any chance. Here’s hoping that’s exactly what happens and we finally guarantee getting out of Munster as well as a Munster final to look forward to.

Hon the Déise

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to the team and management today ,Some day for a battle

UP THE DEISE

Best of luck to the senior hurlers and senior camoige teams today

Our 3rd game in this format has always been a nightmare. Time for that to change

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Glorious day in ennis

• Advertisement

great shout for the diamond men ☀️☀️🍻🍻

Advertisement