Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We're starting to get tired. 2nd half will be very tough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭decies

Fitness levels last 20 mins going to decide it all we can’t afford not to compete for 70 mins plus . Believe in themselves now take your damn points and keep focused ,

Brilliant display and well done that Ref 😁😁. What’s the story with the semis is it next Saturday/ Sunday ? Will step over somebody’s body to get ticket !!

On the deise, Nice nice win

Come on the Dubs but tbh its brilliant to be heading back to Croke Park. Fitness could be an issue, crazy 4 weeks in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

I think we'd have a better chance of beating Limerick in the semi than in the final so cmon de Rebels ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭fuinneamh

That was class. Great game.

Love watching our lads with the samba hurling touches. Dessie mugging the lad off with the solo dummy, Aussie reverse hand pass and kiely's hand ball pass to dessie (Brother Spring in the friary must have been proud seeing this!) .

For the next day, Aussies injury is a big concern and also energy levels 4 weeks on a row. We've faded badly in the final quarter again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

What a great win!! Dessie was on fire today!! The ball into him was good too. Full back line recovered well from a shaky start. Subs made a big impact. Kiely was exceptional and Monty yet again repaid Liam Cahill’s faith with a massive contribution.

Some scoring and showed some serious steel to see off tipp after that comeback

We have an absolute mountain to work on for next day,particularly puck out stragedy and ball/breaks winning,we were consistantly cleaned out particularly in 2nd half,if we give limk.that platform,they'll destroy us

But fcuk me,its great to beat tipp after so long,taught it would never happen again for us,after some particularly dark days in last 10 years or so,it still irks me,the arrogance of tipp taking off their goalie after scoring 7 goals againest us...

gonna enjoy tonight though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭cnoc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

That was a fine win today for the deise. After two poor championships in 2018 and 2019, Waterford are back to their brilliant best. Mind you i always enjoy it when Tipp get put back in their place, regardless of who beats them.😁 But well done today, and sure who knows it might be a Cork v Waterford all Ireland final hopefully.👍️

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭JD. 60

Watching the Lions match is turgid stuff compared to what we witnessed earlier in PuC.

Good refereeing in the main ; Waterford scored one pointed free ? The Ref seemed to have swallowed his whistle with regard to steps ; not sure what the penalty was given for (why no sin bin) but we’re so often on the wrong side of these kind of decisions.

The finish was heart stopping but would take that all day long. So many highlights, where would you start ! To mention just a few ; all of Aussies scores ; Hogan & Barron scoring freely ; Prunty & Shane Bennett in the 2nd half ; the hard knocks taken by Kieran Bennett ; Kiely & Monty running amok when they came on.

Terrific guts and heart by Waterford. We did make the odd mistake and wrong option and it helped that Tipp were very wasteful on occasions.

Let’s hope there are no fresh injury concerns for next week (the Limerick semi is this day week ?).

Yeah those last 13 years Tipp have inflicted nothing but Heartbreak on us

2011 and 2016 Munster final hammerings

The Ghost goal of 2018

The 2019 Disaster in Thurles

It feels great to finally beat them once again in Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭spideyman92

Hard going watching any other sport after a good hurling match I find. I read somewhere it was 3-25 from play. 1-3 made up of the penalty, 1 free and Aussie's 2 sideline cuts I think. Thought it was impressive stuff when I read it waiting outside PuC afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Junior Hurler

Just the 13 Waterford scorers from play today

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭spideyman92

GAA Statsman on twitter is a good account for all that kind of analysis of scorers and such.

https://twitter.com/gaa_statsman/status/1421482015812165632

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭OEP

Looking very like its us vs Limerick next Saturday in Croke Park

Re …. The 2018 ghost goal ; that was down to a ridiculously bad umpiring decision and had nothing to do with Tipp being better than us.

• Advertisement

I know Cork played Limerick already but does it matter that it wasn’t in a provincial final, i.e. it’s not an ‘open draw’ with Cork & Waterford in the same bowl ?

Nope its def us vs Limerick because they played Cork already

Both exciting and terrifying match for us next weekend but nice to be going to Croker. Think its 12000 attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

24,000 attendance i believe. very much looking like it's limerick next Saturday at croker

heard its 24000 between the semi finals but hopefully you're right

Plenty of tickets if its the case, heard a lot of cars got parking tickets today

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Pudz2180

Another great performance today although the heart wouldn’t be right after it. Living on the border with Tipp it’s always sweet to beat them.

Taught we were defiantly the better team but fatigue in the last 15minutes allowed Tipp back into it. In fairness to every single one of them between last week and today they have given everything for the cause and that’s all you can ask for. Fair play to O’Brien with the save from John McGrath think if that went in we may have been in a spot of bother. also kiely and Montgomery contributions when they came in were massive possibly the reason we got over the line in the end. 3-25 from play is some scoring. Was the penalty given because the Tipp player struck gleesons hurl resulting in gleeson losing his hurl? Hopefully there is no injury worries after today and hopefully have Conor and iarlaith back aswell. Think the one week turnaround from quarter final to semi final is a joke. Fair enough playing the last 3 weeks in a row but surely for a semi final the least you should get is a two week break. But sure it is what it is hopefully we will have a right rattle of limerick and sure you never know (Kilkenny in 2019!) Think it’s 24,000 allowed in next Saturday

Prob be a 4pm/5pm throw in next Saturday

Hardly another 1.30/2pm start

5pm limerick next Saturday I swear if we get over them we will never have a better chance to break the curse !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Junior Hurler

Is there ever any traffic management plan for Páirc Uí Chaoimh? Traffic battling through a busy city centre or a suburban shopping area on a Saturday to get anywhere near the ground. Gridlock for a match that occupied 20% of capacity. Not everybody can park miles away and walk. Then there’s Castlemartyr and Killeagh that clog up for a typical Sunday mass that deliver the usual tailbacks…….. They did know the match was on?

Advertisement