Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Interesting, it’s all so transparent and there in plain sight for all to see. So as part of the Great Reset are we all going to have no money only what the Government decides to give on a given day in return for ‘good’ behaviour? When did the people of Europe or the Western World vote for this?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Vote for what? What has happened which requires voting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But conspiracy theorists aren't speculating anything here and are not explaining what they believe.

They aren't being asked to write a thesis. At this point we struggle to get them to give yes or no answers.

So are conspiracy theories just fictional writing just for the purpose of entertainment?

What's entertaining about claiming that the vaccines are secretly a plot to depopulate the planet so that the global Satanist/Communists can take over? Other than how silly that is I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Can you explain two or three things in the book that concern you? It would be useful if you could quote the page so I can check what you are saying?

Also, it seems to be quite a short book, at 109 pages!!! So should be well possible to write in three months, if one was locked down and had to spend most of every day at home!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Now if what they were proposing was outlines for some new thriller book where they needed a plausible conspiracy for the hero to uncover then it could be interesting to discus how such a plot would work and the motivations for it. Nothing proposed by any conspiracy theorists so far would make any decent plot though as they consist of "something bad is happening, nobody knows what, don't question me you meanies".

And there could be some entertainment or value in discussing theories as pure hypothetical and acknowledging that that's what they are. Would be a bit morbid with some types of theories.

But this isn't want theorists here are doing. Most are telling us that their theories are obviously true and that the only we don't believe them is because we are brainwashed/government agents.

If the theories being presented were just hypothesizing for fun, then theories wouldn't have any issue with answering questions or just admitting that they can't cause the theory doesn't really hold up.

This:

"... the world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Errr.... they sound like a good ideas to me.

You don't think working conditions need to be improved?

You don't think the oil industry needs to be improved?

You don't think the gas industry needs to be improved?

You don't think the tech industry needs to be improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's true though. Everything must be transformed. We can't continue our wasteful ways. We're using up finite resources like it's going out of fashion. Pollution is destroying the planet.

You think everything should continue as it is? That way lies ruin.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

But Klaus Schwab is unelected. Why does he get to announce that everything must be transformed? I never even heard of him until last year, and now he's saying that life can never go back to normal and that monumental changes are coming.

He gets to comment and suggest ideas like everyone else can. How is that difficult to understand?

I'm unelected. I'm saying life can't go back to normal. I'm saying monumental changes are coming. Are you scared of me too? David Attenborough has been saying so for years. Are you scared of him? If we don't make monumental changes ourselves, nature will take the decision out of our hands.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The President of the World Bank is unelected too. Huge global power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭growleaves

Even before you get into motives and talk of conspiracy, there has to be agreement about whether what is being proposed is a bad thing

Things that you and I see as extreme evil - surveillance of every aspect of life, transhumanism, suspending and replacing a lot of real trade and business with a stimulated fake-economy (including Climate ESG), being "summoned" by the authorities to fulfill some state duty (as in China and now Austria) - may be regarded by others as *good* things.

Has anyone read the Schwab book and do you agree with the vision of employment he lays out? To me it is obvious the dissatisfication this would cause people - to only have a narrow range of totally-virtualised and corporatised 'professions' available.

Though I could see how someone could accept this vision as A Good Thing - someone with values totally opposed to my own.

"must be" ?? he hasnt the power to give demands such as that.

He's right though. Everything must be transformed. I don't have the power to give demands such as that either...but I've said it.

I think we found Schwabs Boards.ie account!!!!!

We've also yet to hear why it would be bad to transform these things.

Gortana is claiming the Schwab is in charge of a plan already in progress.

He claims that they are completely open about this. Yet he can't actually explain what the issue is.

And I still don't think he's read that book beyond that one quote.

• Advertisement

ive read it...

its nothing more than musing of old mans views of how to create his vision of a better world.

It is absolute NOT a mandate to world governments on how they shall enforce laws going forward. its a dialogue starter for international discussion.

as you say, certain aspects of it are totally unpalatable and others are obviously the way to go.

its funny, because aspects of it are exactly what "conspiracy theorists" have been calling for for years... revise the whole globaization market place. Curb the powers of these globalist non national monopolistic companies

In the coming years, it seems inevitable that some deglobalization will happen, spurred by the rise of nationalism and greater international fragmentation. There is no point in trying to restore the status quo ex ante (“hyper-globalization” has lost all its political and social capital, and defending it is no longer politically tenable), but it is important to limit the downside of a possible free fall that would precipitate major economic damage and social suffering. A hasty retreat from globalization would entail trade and currency wars, damaging every country’s economy, provoking social havoc and triggering ethno- or clan nationalism. The establishment of a much more inclusive and equitable form of globalization that makes it sustainable, both socially and environmentally, is the only viable way to manage retreat. This requires policy solutions addressed in the concluding chapter and some form of effective global governance. Progress is indeed possible in those global areas that have traditionally benefited from international cooperation, like environmental agreements, public health and tax havens

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭HerrKapitan

I don't think that it's his right to suggest ideas that is in question, but why elected world leaders have been meeting with this one unelected person and taking his suggestions before others. It takes power to get world leaders to meet and listen, so what power does he have and who gave it to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭growleaves

'as you say, certain aspects of it are totally unpalatable and others are obviously the way to go.'

Yeah I find the employment stuff completely intolerable because the corporate world is already very narrow in scope imo. I have my own ideas about going in the opposite direction which I'm hoping to set out in a long article or book.

As far as transhumanism goes, I can understand the appeal and have known people who placed their hopes in it. Staving off biological death partially or totally must be tempting. To a religious person (i.e. me) it is totally unacceptable, a complete misunderstanding of the purpose of mortal life and a sort of wicked undoing of God's work. This is what I mean by the clash of values, and I'm sure Schwab appears far more sinister to me than to others here.

Scwhab's close connection to the actual governors of the world, and their seeming rhetorical endorsement of his ideas, is where the conspiracy angle comes in. He's not just some guy.

Like Andropov and Chernenko, old age does not stop him from pursuing a bureaucratic collectivist vision of control and presumably he will continue right up until the moment of death like they did.

Are you scared of an octogenarian that will likely be dead in a couple of years?

you dont understand the definition of a "forum" do you?

Have a read - https://www.weforum.org/about/history

Nothing sinister about how or why it started. It's a talking shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

Aren't you the guy who said that investigating whether a virus could leak from a lab was a conspiracy theory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

For the 900th time Klaus Schwab is a person with an opinion. He has been head of the economic forum for years and has been saying this stuff for years. Many people are saying it and have been saying it for decades. We do need to change our ways in the future, switch to renewables, transform our society, etc, etc.

But..

Conspiracy theorists have recently discovered him and suddenly decided he wields immense influence and power and that it's some "evil" 1984 blueprint/plot/global domination thing. Conspiracy theorists always think there's some mad plot for global domination going on, and that only they are "special" enough to see it. Read any post from this forum going back a decade to see this in action. It's so stupid I don't know where to start.

Advertisement