Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

Ok, that is your opinion. In my opinion, it does make sense.

I think the basic premise that taking any medication or vaccine is, intrinsically, undesirable is why you don't understand my reasoning. In my opinion any form of medication or vaccine is always undesirable. Now there are of course instances where the benefits of taking said vaccine/medication outweigh the undesirableness of it. For example I have an eye condition so I need to take a medicine for that every single day to avoid going blind. It gives me loads of very nasty side effects, but I simply have no other choice.

With the vaccine, I do have the choice to not take it, so that is why I will avoid doing so unless absolutely necessarily or unless I can get back 100% to normal. Including dancing with random germy strangers in The George in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The vaccine reduces your chance of catching the virus, transmitting it and the severity of it. By not taking it, you are increasing all those risks.

If you catch Covid now, unvaccinated, you risk spreading it to other people more easily. Your decision not to vaccinate is putting other people, including those close to you, at a higher risk. That's your choice, but your validation for it doesn't address that (including the notion that you won't meet anyone or see anyone)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

The benefits of the vaccine outweigh any of the potential negatives. Your argument makes no sense and it just empty rambling.

Why are you bringing up dancing at the George?

Is this really how low and desperate the conspiracy theory has gotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

When you say you "Trust the Scientists" Do you...

Trust the Tobacco industry scientists? Trust the Coca-Cola scientists? Trust the Opioid scientists?

Trust the Animal Factory Farming scientists? Trust the Coal industry scientists? Trust the Big Oil scientists?

Trust the Fracking scientists?

Or just the ones the media tells you to trust? Don't be a boiling frog.

More "I am 14 and this is deep" dump and run stuff. Also constantly evading questions.

• Advertisement

Anti-vaxxers stormed the wrong building

Cannot be stressed enough, these are brainless morons. Almost every single conspiracy theorist in this thread has anti-vax views, I don't know how they don't see the correlation.

Trust randos on bitchute who throw out slogans and claim that the vaccines have Satanic nanochips inside that make you magnetic?

Why are you asking this question (about a point no one actually said) when you aren't going to respond to any of the answers you get?

You're just spouting more vacuous faux-rebel slogans that you don't really understand and can't defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

You're getting desperate now. That's a flagging for link dumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You need to look up the meaning of "link dumping".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You do have a choice with you eye medication, you could chose not to take the medication and see if you go blind. However you have decided that despite the side effects of the medication, the option of keeping your eyesight makes it worth taking the medication.

For the covid vaccine there are less chances of any reaction or side effects from the vaccine than your chances of catching covid and suffering the consequences that come with that. Taking the vaccine though significantly improves your chances of surviving when you do catch covid, and also reduces the symptoms of covid. It's also free to you, and you taking the vaccine protects not just yourself, but also your friends and family. There is no waiting to see if you catch covid first and then taking the vaccine though, that is too late.

• Advertisement

I commented on the piece I linked, it's relevance, and I am right here to address any questions on it.

If you have to run away from questions, what does it say about your views? if dozens of posters repeatedly exhibit the same behaviour (running away and evading simple questions) what does that say about the view as a whole? How do you not see the correlation?

He says while continuing to completely ignore every point out to him.

You are now simply trying to mimic what people point out is wrong with your behaviour on this forum. It's the classic playground tactic of "No, you are!"

In reality, Dohnjoe provides comments on his relevant link and is complete willing and able to address any questions about it (though you won't actually ask any questions since you don't want to acknowledge the points being made).

And importantly, unlike when most conspiracy theorists are link dumping, he isn't trying to use it as an attempt to change the subject from a point he is losing.

Seriously, why are you dumping these cut and run comments? Not even other conspiracy theorists are taking them seriously. You're only serving to embarrass yourself and your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How many anti-vaxxers does it take to change a light bulb?

I don't have to give you the answers! Do your own research!

Not your ornery onager

Why would I not take my medication and go blind? Any eye damage is irreversible. There is not a ' chance' I will go blind without my medication. It is 100%.

With covid, however, I am 99% likely to come out completely unharmed. If covid had a 100% fatality or longcovid rate, then yes I would have taken the vaccine. But the fatality/longcovid rate is closer to like 1% for my age group. I'm 28 years old.

You're really not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So you don't want to protect family and friends by reducing your potential viral load and lessening the risk of infecting other people?

You keep missing the glaring fact that you can transmit Covid.

My friends here in Ireland are mostly vaccinated, and they are just as healthy as me, so no I do not want to protect them.

I do not have family here in Ireland so that point is moot.

I will visit my family in the Netherlands at the end of this month , and they are mostly vaccinated. Some of them aren't for religious reasons, its not my responsibility to protect them. I will get tested before the wedding that I will attend to make sure I dont spread covid.

I think a major cultural difference between Ireland and the Netherlands (where I am from) is that we in NL believe in peoples own responsibility. You 'Irish' (mostly British as most of yas cant even speak the language anymore) have never had self-determination, so this notion of own responsibility never developed in your culture. You just mindlessly follow what the leaders say, like automatons. First those leaders where the Brits, now they are Fianna Fáil / Fine Gael a.k.a. west-brits.

You're making these claims, yet you don't seem to have anything beyond your odd ranting to back any of them up.

You claim that you don't need to get vaccinated.

Why do doctors disagree with you? Are they lying or do you just know better than them?

Why are you expending all this energy in ranting, yet you are being very selective in which points you address and respond to?

Also maybe you could explain which measures you believe are going to be permanent?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What if you get tested, are negative, and then get covid between the test and the wedding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Liam32123

There were already two stories like these in European weddings in the last weeks. Outbreaks in which unvaccinated-tested persons took Covid (Delta Variant) from Vaccinated-Green Passed persons who were not subjected to the test

Vaccines reduce the chances of that. And future vaccines will be more effective against the Delta variant and future variants. Additionally, the more people vaccinated reduces the chances of new variants developing and spreading.

Why are you demanding answers to questions when you are constantly dodging and running away from questions yourself? That's very dishonest.

You are demonstrating that on top of being selfish and not very well thought out, your position is very dishonest and underhanded.

Why do you have to be underhanded to defend your position?

Oh dear. Well, I will not be able to be fully vaccinated before that wedding anyway. So I will just avoid touching people I guess.

It's not my choice that my family member decides to get married right in the middle of a pandemic.... If I had the choice I wouldnt go at all. But itd be kinda lame to not go to my family members wedding. Wouldnt be good for the family, sadly.

But why not just get vaccinated and increase the safety of such an event?

I haven't responded to most of your posts because you are claiming that I said things which I never said. But you say that future vaccines will be even more effective against the Delta variant? Well happy days, then I will wait for said 'future vaccine' to appear.

Why do you keep creating new reasons not to get vaccinated?

First it's "but Africa", then it's "BiG PhaRmA", then it's "they need to lift all restrictions", now it's "everyone else is vaccinated so they are safe from me"

For your latest one, unvaccinated, you can catch Covid easier and still pass it to the vaccinated. So the risk is still higher than if you simply got the jab.

We get it, you don't want to vaccinate, that's the hill you want to die on. Thankfully most people don't think like you and are getting vaccinated. Which also works out nicely for you.

"The more people vaccinated reduces the chances of new variants developing". That is exactly the opposite; mass vaccinations are the cause for the mutation of virus ( btw I am vaccinated)

Of course you have to go to that wedding! the problem is the most of vaccinated people selfishly think that downloading that app will exempt them from spreading the virus! Everybody should be tested before an event like a wedding

All of those are valid reasons for ME to not get vaccinated. Maybe they arent valid for YOU. Then happy days, you already got vaccinated didn't you?

I really don't see why you need to determine for others what they should do with their body. Are you also anti-abortion like people in Donegal?

• Advertisement

New variants will develop regardless of vaccination efforts. The place where new variants will most likely develop is the Third World countries, in regions such as africa, Asia, South America, as they cannot do social distancing and lockdowns like we have done in the west due to the nature of how these countries function. If you are forced in lockdown while you are living in Bangladesh, you are still in a house with 8 other people that you can infect, and a lockdown might mean you will literally starve to death. If you have to choose between lockdown + starving to death, and working for your food + odds of contracting covid, you will choose the latter option.

Now vaccine-resistent mutations are more likely to develop in plcaes such as the USA southern states with high transmission + relatively high vaccination rate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement