Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It makes sense for you to get vaccinated as there is less chance you will pass Covid to vaccinated (and unvaccinated) family members, friends, etc. You just have a privately held belief "my body my choice", and the notion of an authority figure making you do something with your body makes you angry. That's the real reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

Eventually, I know that I will have to be vaccinated. In California they are already making legislation that makes it practically impossible to live as an unvaccinated person; if you can no longer buy food at the supermarket or use public transporation, then how can you live as an unvaccinated person (provided you cant afford getting your groceries delivered to your door and dont drive).

Now I am sure that Ireland will not quickly implement such legislation as this cuntry is in the EU. But it will become harder and harder for us unvaccinated people to continue living our life.

I want to postpone getting the vaccine as much as possible. The longer I wait, the more sure I can be that no new long-term side effects will arise. As recently as a couple weeks ago, a new effect was discovered, namely disrupted menstrual cycles in women. So as long as these new things are still being found, I dont want to take it.

I am sure that if in a year from now we are no longer finding new side effects, more and more poeple, including myself, will be convinced to take the jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

That's a pretty ridiculous reason to ignore points and questions.

If I'm not accurately portraying your position, why ignore it? Why not answer my questions and explain what your actual position is?

But again, you also avoid several of my points in this post too. Why?

The current vaccines are also effective against the delta variant. Your objection here again doesn't make sense.

Please go back and address the rest of my post now. Thanks.

All claims without any evidence based on your own personal ignorance rather than expertise or facts.

Doctors disagree with your statement that vaccines aren't nessesary.

Why do they disagree with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Notmything

"Cuntry"? accidental or deliberate misspelling?

Between this and previous comments about Ireland, and not wanting to help protect others I'm not sure why you are here tbh.

But none seem to be valid as you don't seem to be able at all to defend them. And when the illogic of all these excuses are pointed out to you, you dodge, ignore and move onto the next one.

Okay, but now you have changed the reasoning once again to adverse effects for the vaccine. As mentioned I suspect you are motivated by your personal beliefs, not logic.

And yes, increasingly, companies are demanding their employees are vaccinated. Personally I would prefer not to work with unvaccinated people, and I know many of my colleagues feel the same way. People who are against vaccines are almost always motivated by raw selfishness.

And note how once again, we're back to "vaccines are bad" and still no one can tell us what measures are going to be permanent.

This thread has just become a dumping ground for anti-vaxxers and people who can't carry their own youtube rant channel.

I know that as someone who probably doesn't know any more in a non-English language than 'An bhfuil cead agam dul amach go dtí an leithreas?

' , this is hard to conceptualize for you, but english is NOT actually my first language. Mistakes can and do happen when I type in English, and if you'd hear me speak, you would hear a very strong Dutch accent in my english despite the fact that I have been living here in Ireland for 4 years now.

• Advertisement

Why do you say that I 'change' my reasoning? These reaosns all add up.

*Add up to you. For someone else, they aren't taking the vaccine because "Bill Gates has put microchips in them". People with strong underlaying beliefs have no issues creating all sorts of reasons to validate those beliefs.

Anyway, getting off topic again

But again, they don't. You keep running away and ignoring when people point out the flaws in your reasoning. And then you come up with new reasons, throw them out and start ignoring the points about them also.

It's all very dishonest.

You aren't getting the vaccine because of very silly very poorly thought out reasons that are ultimately down to you being selfish, lazy and credulous of bullshit on the internet.

That's your choice man.

Now, could you explain which measures you believe are permanent.

Ok. I do not believe in microchip theories. So that's a strawman argument.

No, it's demonstrating that you've picked an arbitrary bunch of "reasons" that may make sense to you personally. Other people pick other reasons that make sense to them. It's subjective.

The reasons you've given haven't really stood up to logic. Thankfully most people are adhering to logic and are vaccinating, thus reducing Covid for everyone.

Bringing this back on topic somewhat, almost 100% of conspiracy theorists in these threads (whether they believe Satan is behind it, that it doesn't exist, that it's a Communist plot, etc) are, by a remarkable coincidence, against vaccines. Of course we all know that isn't a coincidence.

Why not? It's as valid as the reasons you've given.

If someone believes this, do you believe it's a valid reason to not get the vaccine?

Any chance you'll be answering the rest of my questions or are you conceding them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Liam32123

Ask any doctor/immunologist. I have talked to more than 10 of them (all University Professor, colleagues) and all confirmed. Btw, that article-propaganda you mentioned it just does not say anything.that's the fact of this generation...your evidence is on internet articles/so-called fact checker/guidelines (!) Vaccines cause variants as the virus defends itself: it is a law of nature, that is not a matter of opinion

So you're not actually able to provide the evidence for your claim.

In that cause I have talked to more than 20 university professors of virology who all say that you are wrong.

Therefore you must now concede, correct?

Also, why do you claim that the information from the CDC is propaganda? Do you believe the CDC is lying? If so, please explain beyond vague and empty insinuations.

Vaccines reduce the spread of viruses and reduce the time they spend multiplying in people's bodies. This gives them less opportunity to mutate. And if they then do mutate, it makes it less likely that they can spread very far.

If you are claiming that vaccines cause more variants is a law of nature, then this should be easy to show evidence for. Please do so now in your next post. If you do not provide this evidence in your next post, you are admitting that you are wrong.

It's pointless playing games anymore.

Ok, there you go, see above evidence. I was actually working (yes, I have a quite important job and you made me lose 10 important minutes). 

I

I follow Michael Levitt, Nobel Prize. 

I follow Luc Montaigner, another Nobel Prize.

I follow Sunetra Gupta, professor of theoretical epidemiology at the the University of Oxford. 

I follow Giulio Tarro, awarded most important virologist of 2019, and nominated for the Nobel Prize Candidate. 

YOU

You follow:

-Debunkers websites (run from God knows who, edited from God knows who)

-Government Guidelines

-RTE

- Leo Varadkar 

- Tony Holonan, 

-(probably) MTV

(P.S. funny to read that who tries to debunk a basic rule of nature, daring to say: “There is no evidence at all that vaccination is leading or will lead to ‘dangerous variants," is such a Dr. Michael Yeadon, Former Pfizer vice president..... everything so wonderfully 'independent')

Good Luck

• Advertisement

Sorry, no. A link to a propaganda site that quotes someone's opinion and rides on an argument of authority is not evidence.

It's a very common tactic conspiracy cranks and antiscience loons use to bilk folks who don't understand why this is not evidence.

You have now conceded that you cannot provide any evidence for you claim.

Why did you lie and claim that the vaccine would cause more variants?

A NOBEL PRIZE's OPINION IS A CONSPIRACY THEORY???? 😂😂😂

Welcome to the world of the University of Facebook, that is where you took your degree, didn't you?

Btw, I have no problems in exchanging our real names and quoting the names of the professors if you're also up to do the same. I will let you talk to a friend who's one of the main professors of Microbiology in the world. But you have to do the same, and let me talk to yours

That's not what I said. You are now engaging in the typical conspiracy theorist tactic when you're faced with the fact you've lied.

Nobel Prize winners believe and say crazy **** all the time. Especially when it's on topics that they are not experts in and especially when they get older, more irrelevant, desperate for money and attention and bit senile.

Just because they have a Nobel Prize, it doesn't mean they are infallible.

What would be convincing is if these Nobel Prize winners conducted a study and published it in actual journals, like they did with the research that earn them their prize. But this isn't what they've done here. It's just opinion.

Conspiracy cranks and peddlers like to take this opinion and use it to make propaganda to dupe folks like yourself. They dazzle you with "OOH Nobel Prize winner. He must be smart!". And you never bothered to question it or look into it.

So tell me, what did you do to verify the claims you've made? What published studies support it?

What about the Nobel Prize winners who disagree wtih you? Are they stupid or at they part of a conspiracy?

Also, You've ignored my previous points. I suspect that you will do so with the points I made here. Again, I will take this as you conceding those points and admitting that you cannot address them honestly.

Ok, you definitely graduated at the University of Facebook. Good Luck

Cool. Dodging all my points because you can't actually address them.

Again a perfect demonstration of how dishonest and empty the conspiracy theories are.

Anyway, here's some info about the site you linked in case anyone is interested.

It's really funny you guys keep dumping these links and expecting people to take them as legitimate.

Now your source of truth is Wikipedia 😂 No doubt: University of Facebook. 1st Class with honour

Yes, your joke gets funnier the more times you say it.

If you say it a 4th time perhaps people will be fooled into thinking you've an actual point and you aren't just running away from questions you can't answer.

And again, it's a bit hypocritical for you to be accusing people of this hilarious "University of Facebook" gag when we book know where you found your link to your far-right conspiracy pushing Catholic propaganda mill...

Twitter? Bitchute? Telegram?

I can't follow you anymore. You are too smart probably. The University of Facebook is committed to create genius after all. Think whatever you want about me. Good Luck

Lol 4th time on the same joke, yet all of your dodging is still there... Maybe try a 5th time? Maybe it will be funny then?

And yes, people are going to think that you aren't able to answer basic points about your conspiracy theory. This is because you're ignoring and running away.

People are going to think you blindly swallow whatever you're told by far right, Trumpish propaganda mills. This is because you uncritically dump links from sites like this.

People are going to think that you don't understand what an argument from authority is and why it's bad. This is because that's what you used and can't seem to justify.

People are going to think that you and other conspiracy theorists aren't very well informed or very honest and don't seem to be able to back up their beliefs very well.

So yea man. Good job. Keep up the good work. Please keep showing what you position is really like.

• Advertisement

I do not read anymore your posts as they are too high-level for me. If this is the cultural status of people perfectly-obeying to current laws...this world is such a wonderful thing. ...as the University of Facebook you magnificently represent . I have never feel so honoured as today. Thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement