Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Grofus wrote: »
    Sorry, I totally missed this post,
    To answer the questions.
    The covid passport itself won't instill fear, but it keeps the situation real and at the forefront, a constant reminder.
    I think it will be needed to enjoy a 'normal life like going to the shops, cinemas, travel, every facet of life.
    This has been claimed before.
    But no one actually explain why the government needs to remind people about the pandemic. Or how either this or the vaccine passport will be used to control people.

Again, it's a vague empty claim that is only scary sounding as long as you don't think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Grofus

King Mob wrote: »
    This has been claimed before.
    But no one actually explain why the government needs to remind people about the pandemic. Or how either this or the vaccine passport will be used to control people.

Again, it's a vague empty claim that is only scary sounding as long as you don't think about it.

How is it vague, I clearly stated you'll need it for everyday life, not just travelling abroad.
    And what pandemic. Infection rates backed by bogus PCR testing.
    Mate, Im sorry, but there's just no satisfying you.
    Good luck

Anyway, I need new conspiracy theories because all my old ones came true

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

As for the U,.S, early on they took a go home suck it and see approach. By the time patients sought medical help it was often too late for them,

So it looks like you acknowledge that the virus posed a real public health problem,
    and can be the only explanation for those half a million deaths in the US last year.

Ivermectin may be potentially useful in relation to covid, however there are mixed reports
    and the jury is still out on it. For the moment it looks like at most it may help, but it
    doesn't seem to be in the same ball park as the vaccines - for eg. in the Pfizer vaccine trial
    162 of the placebo takers got Covid (9 severe), vs 8 of the vaccinated (1 severe).

So are the other measures that were taken in the last year not reasonable in the circumstances,
    where the virus is real, and it posed a real threat to a lot of people?
    What would you have us do instead?
    And at what cost in lives lost?

How is it vague, I clearly stated you'll need it for everyday life, not just travelling abroad.
    It's vague because you're not explaining how this would actually be used to control people.

You claim that the vaccines passports are going to be permanent and used for everyday things.
    Ok. Do you mean all things? If not, which things?
    What about the current exemptions such a negative test? Are these going to go away? If so, how do you know that?

And again, how does this control people precisely?
    You have to show a piece of paper occasionally? That's the end goal of the global depopulation conspiracy?
    And what pandemic. Infection rates backed by bogus PCR testing.
    Lol. Untrue conspiracy claim.
    There's a pandemic. It's killed nearly 4 million people.
    Mate, Im sorry, but there's just no satisfying you.
    Good luck
    No I would be satisfied if you actually answered questions directly.

Ignoring questions that make you upset and uncomfortable wouldn't really satisfy anyone.

However, as I said, you are doing a great job of showing why your claims and theory shouldn't be taken seriously, which is pretty satisfying.

• Advertisement

PintOfView wrote: »
    So it looks like you acknowledge that the virus posed a real public health problem,
    and can be the only explanation for those half a million deaths in the US last year.

Ivermectin may be potentially useful in relation to covid, however there are mixed reports
    and the jury is still out on it. For the moment it looks like at most it may help, but it
    doesn't seem to be in the same ball park as the vaccines - for eg. in the Pfizer vaccine trial
    162 of the placebo takers got Covid (9 severe), vs 8 of the vaccinated (1 severe).

So are the other measures that were taken in the last year not reasonable in the circumstances,
    where the virus is real, and it posed a real threat to a lot of people?
    What would you have us do instead?
    And at what cost in lives lost?

Early on, first three months or so, yes total panic for medics. They didn't know what they were dealing with so couldn't effectively treat it.
    After that it was really only over 75 year olds that needed protecting. Even then the death rate is around 0,5%.
    So why the total lockdowns, How many over 75 go to school, work etc,
    Jobs lost, economy screwed, businesses closed never to reopen,
    Suicide rates up, depression up, anxiety up. Alcohol cases up. Cancer patients dying through lack of treatment, often alone.
    I personally know a young mother that died alone of cancer, two kids not allowed to be with her. Husband looking in through glass.
    You tell me, do you think government measures worked. All the PUP payments will be clawed back in taxes. If you have a job.
    Its a disgrace what they have scared folk into. I love to use stronger terms but will refrain.

It's vague because you're not explaining how this would actually be used to control people.

You claim that the vaccines passports are going to be permanent and used for everyday things.
    Ok. Do you mean all things? If not, which things?
    What about the current exemptions such a negative test? Are these going to go away? If so, how do you know that?

And again, how does this control people precisely?
    You have to show a piece of paper occasionally? That's the end goal of the global depopulation conspiracy?

Lol. Untrue conspiracy claim.
    There's a pandemic. It's killed nearly 4 million people.

No I would be satisfied if you actually answered questions directly.

Ignoring questions that make you upset and uncomfortable wouldn't really satisfy anyone.

However, as I said, you are doing a great job of showing why your claims and theory shouldn't be taken seriously, which is pretty satisfying.

Good for you, happy to oblige

Its a disgrace what they have scared folk into. I love to use stronger terms but will refrain.
    But what's really going on is that it's a depopulation plot where the vaccine will kill millions if not billions of people?

Again, you conspiracy theory is a bit all over the place.
    And it's a bit odd to moan about scaremongering when you believe what you claim to believe.

Good for you, happy to oblige

One last thing. You claim a pandemic has killed 4 million. Where is the proof.
    Oh sorry the government told you, must be true then
    The global death rate is pretty much were it always is.
    You check that yourself.

Early on, first three months or so, yes total panic for medics. They didn't know what they were dealing with so couldn't effectively treat it.
    After that it was really only over 75 year olds that needed protecting. Even then the death rate is around 0,5%.
    So why the total lockdowns, How many over 75 go to school, work etc,
    Jobs lost, economy screwed, businesses closed never to reopen,
    Suicide rates up, depression up, anxiety up. Alcohol cases up. Cancer patients dying through lack of treatment, often alone.
    I personally know a young mother that died alone of cancer, two kids not allowed to be with her. Husband looking in through glass.
    You tell me, do you think government measures worked. All the PUP payments will be clawed back in taxes. If you have a job.

Go to go in a minute, but quickly

Mortality rates
    Mortality rates I've seen seem to be much higher than you suggest
    have you a reference for your numbers?

Economy screwed
    In Ireland we're lucky that a large percentage of jobs were able to continue,
    so the economy wasn't as badly affected as it might have been,
    Could the economy have been even worse in the absence of a lockdown?

Suicide rates up
    There doesn't seem to be evidence of this. What do you base this on?

Cancer patients dying alone
    Yes, I think a lot of people died in tragic circumstances this past year.
    However what do you think would have happened with no lockdown?
    If the virus had spread uncontrolled, would our hospitals have been able to cope?
    Would people have had to die in hospital car parks, or at home, suffocating?
    Would cancer services have continued as normal?

• Advertisement

You check that yourself.

The death rate in the US in 2020 wasn't what it always was!!!

If half a million extra died in the US in 2020,
    surely it's plausible that 4 million died worldwide from it to date (I don't know the actual numbers)?

You check that yourself.
    Yes. All medical and health organisations have contributed to that number.

You're welcome to show a more accurate number and the evidence you use to reach that number.

However, as with previous points, you will ignore this and run away without supporting your claim.

surely it's plausible that 4 million died worldwide from it to date (I don't know the actual numbers)?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

This is a good site that collects data from a lot of sources and gives a straight answer to the number.

Currently it's at 3.9 million

Sod this, I tried posting a link to knoema , com showing Irish mortality rates for last 12 years Site denied it.
    Anyway it showed an increase of 1 death per 10,000 people
    Like I said, what pandemic, what emergency and why are perfectly healthy people being given unproven 'vaccines'
    WHY???
    How many flu deaths in Ireland last year, none is the answer. Not one.

Sod this, I tried posting a link to knoema , com showing Irish mortality rates for last 12 years Site denied it.
    Anyway it showed an increase of 1 death per 10,000 people
    Like I said, what pandemic, what emergency and why are perfectly healthy people being given unproven 'vaccines'
    WHY???
    The vaccines aren't unproven. There is a pandemic.

Your facts are simply wrong because you swallow everything you're told by crank sites like Daily Expose and you don't to anything to see if what you're told is true.

Conversely, notice how you're not able to actually answer the question yourself.
    You can't explain why this is happening in the conspiracy theory context.
    Something about depopulation that you can't actually detail or prove, something about control that you can't articulate, something about Free man of the Land magic....

The vaccines aren't unproven. There is a pandemic.

Your facts are simply wrong because you swallow everything you're told by crank sites like Daily Expose and you don't to anything to see if what you're told is true.

Conversely, notice how you're not able to actually answer the question yourself.
    You can't explain why this is happening in the conspiracy theory context.
    Something about depopulation that you can't actually detail or prove, something about control that you can't articulate, something about Free man of the Land magic....

I'm not posting links as this site won't let me.
    I've just looked the death rates for Ireland, was up 1 every 10,000 people last. Pandemic me hole

I've just looked the death rates for Ireland, was up 1 every 10,000 people last. Pandemic me hole
    So you claim. However, this isn't likely to be the case.

You have been very dishonestly ignoring points, so I don't think you'd be above lying about or misrepresenting whatever link you're trying to post.

The reality is there is a pandemic.

I know that's a bit scary to accept, but it's true.

It's odd that you are denying the pandemic exists while also claiming there's a secret plot involving all billionaires and all governments to depopulate the planet using the vaccine.
    Do you not see the contradiction there?

OMG, they are most definitely are unproven. Emergency licence is very different to approved for use. Full scale approval takes min 8 years, Genius.
    If you can't understand that very simple concept im wasting my time here.

OMG, they are most definitely are unproven. Emergency licence is very different to approved for use. Full scale approval takes min 8 years, Genius.
    According to you, but as we've seen you're not a very reliable source.
    For example, you believe there's a global depopulation conspiracy and you're a believer in Freeman of the Land stuff.
    Additionally, you are denying there's a pandemic and possibly believe covid doesn't exist.

You believe clearly ridiculous and false things, so why should anyone believe your unsourced claim that vaccines can only be safe if they've been tested for 8 years?

In reality, the vaccines have undergone extensive testing, including for safety and effectiveness.
    You will no doubt claim these studies are all fake and part of the conspiracy, right?
    If you can't understand that very simple concept im wasting my time here.
    You wouldn't be wasting your time if you just focused on coherent and direct answers.

For example, you could explain what measures specifically will be permanent and why.

If you can't do that, maybe the reason you're wasting you time is that you're pushing false, silly and embarrassing conspiracy theories you swallowed from the internet?

According to you, but as we've seen you're not a very reliable source.
    For example, you believe there's a global depopulation conspiracy and you're a believer in Freeman of the Land stuff.
    Additionally, you are denying there's a pandemic and possibly believe covid doesn't exist.

You believe clearly ridiculous and false things, so why should anyone believe your unsourced claim that vaccines can only be safe if they've been tested for 8 years?

In reality, the vaccines have undergone extensive testing, including for safety and effectiveness.
    You will no doubt claim these studies are all fake and part of the conspiracy, right?

You wouldn't be wasting your time if you just focused on coherent and direct answers.

For example, you could explain what measures specifically will be permanent and why.

If you can't do that, maybe the reason you're wasting you time is that you're pushing false, silly and embarrassing conspiracy theories you swallowed from the internet?

Good luck with vaccine mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ireland had only 230 to 354 ICU beds, there was a very real possibility of these being overwhelmed.

It is a global pandemic, almost 4 million people have died in a period of a year and a half. The vaccines have passed their testing phase. Bill Gates doesn't want to "kill people", that's a myth created by the conspiracy community.

You haven't offered any proper evidence for your conspiracy apart from incredulity and conspiracy tropes

Yup. And again, dodging points you can't address.

The points make you uncomfortable and upset because they're causing little slivers of doubt in your religious conspiracy beliefs.

This wouldn't be an issue if you were actually open to ideas and were willing to question what you've been told to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Another comprehensive rebuttal from the people that wildy believe Brian the binmans grifting bitchute videos but insist that other people are sheeple, not them.

What an embarrassing post, but I guess you are used to them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-social-distancing-and-masks-here-to-stay-as-new-variants-inevitable-expert-says-12339775

This is never going to stop and the sooner people realise this the better. This is their excuse to build their world police state. They want total control of people and they want to remake the world how they want it. Pure evil.

pearcider wrote: »
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-social-distancing-and-masks-here-to-stay-as-new-variants-inevitable-expert-says-12339775

This is never going to stop and the sooner people realise this the better. This is their excuse to build their world police state. They want total control of people and they want to remake the world how they want it. Pure evil.
    Ok.
    Why do they want masks to be permanent?

It's been 5000 pages and we've heard everything except an answer to this that is rational and with any depth.

You know the reason for this as well as we do.
    You can't answer it cause it doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Pure evil? Pure nonsense more like, a world police state lol.

Due to new strains, Mr Nabarro suggested that mask-wearing and keeping apart would still be necessary for areas of high infection.

Oh no, this is Satan's work.

Pure evil? Pure nonsense more like, a world police state lol.

Due to new strains, Mr Nabarro suggested that mask-wearing and keeping apart would still be necessary for areas of high infection.

Oh no, this is Satan's work.
    Pretty much exactly what happened to Jewish people under Hitler, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Who are "they"? and when will this happen?

How did you get this highly classified information, Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hmmmm, really?

Housing secretary says compulsory mask wearing will end on July 19

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/yT1EPh
    Robert Jenrick said the success of the UK's vaccination programme means the government is "able to think about how we can return to normality as much as possible".

According to reports in the Sunday newspapers, face masks and social distancing will no longer be required once step four comes into effect.

According to the Sunday Times, having to scan a QR code before entering a bar, restaurant or similar venue would also be a thing of the past after 19 July

In addition, Downing Street said on Saturday it is considering scrapping quarantine requirements for those who have received two vaccine doses.

Asked about face masks, Mr Jenrick said: "Like many people, I want to get away from these restrictions as quickly as I possibly can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

One conspiracy that I would believe in is that the Irish government tricked people into thinking that if a large percentage of the population got the vaccine, they could freely avail of pubs and restaurants this summer, without restrictions. The government were happy to sell that lie till last week. Now the emphasis seems to be on getting the younger people, say 18- 25 year olds to get the vaccine, in the hope that they could go “clubbing” in the next six months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement