Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Long term vaccine adverse reactions trials are not being finished yet. Some of them plan to finish them and go through data some time next year or two.
    Ok. Which ones?
    Sure you dont. For self proclaimed anti conspiracy expert it is always hard to admit being wrong.
    Sorry, but I don't know what you're ranting about. I also never claimed to be an expert.
    But by all means, claim that point if you like.
    Reports are surely in otherwise we would not have scores of states stopping AZ vaccine and changing recommendations to who can and who should not take that particular one. More will come as time pass.
    Ok. And they're doing this because of blindness/paralysis?
    Oh so every claim that AZ vaccine does cause blood clots is false claim? Try harder.
    Never said this.
    This is your favorite line you repeat it with slight variation constantly.
    Yes, because conspiracy theorists do this often when they are confronted with difficult points.
    The fact that vaccines do cause injuries and even death in some cases is not conspiracy theory but a fact.
    Never claimed otherwise.
    You have been claiming that the injuries and deaths caused by the covid vaccines are high/higher than those caused by the virus.
    I'm asking you to provide evidence for this.
    You clearly can't do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

It certainly feels like that with how we're under longer and harsher restrictions this year [despite a vaccine roll out] than we were last year. Plus we're still in Level 5 after all these months with no sign of let up [besides the few crumbs they're throwing us] Plus even if/when we're fully vaccinated we'll still have to wear masks, social distance and endure other restrictions and lockdowns.

Definitely looks like they have no intention of ever letting us get back to normal.

Vaers is just one from plenty sources. Plenty of governments paused or stopped using certain vaccines because of their own research and reports.
    Ok. Provide these sources then.
    Please show the research that supports your claim that the vaccines cause blindness and paralysis.
    You seems to have some issue with vaers and think they are the only source
    Again, the propaganda site you linked to was referencing and misrepresenting the VAERS data.
    You yourself misrepresented the VAERS data by claiming it showed the vaccine was dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The whole concept of risk/reward and making balanced decisions is completely lost on certain segments of society.

Vaccines are very safe but like every other medication or therapeutic treatment they can and do have some side effects. Invariably those side effects are mild and where they are serious are very very rare. The benefits vastly outweigh the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    It certainly feels like that with how we're under longer and harsher restrictions this year [despite a vaccine roll out] than we were last year. Plus we're still in Level 5 after all these months with no sign of let up [besides the few crumbs they're throwing us] Plus even if/when we're fully vaccinated we'll still have to wear masks, social distance and endure other restrictions and lockdowns.

Definitely looks like they have no intention of ever letting us get back to normal.

Heres Soho in London the other night. Looks normal enough to me. We're not too far off this now. Another 6 or 7 weeks. Maybe less.

Makes all the UK "We're in lockdown forever" merchants look stupid eh?

PRI190437475.jpg?width=982&height=726&auto=webp&quality=75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Reports are surely in otherwise we would not have scores of states stopping AZ vaccine and changing recommendations to who can and who should not take that particular one. More will come as time pass. Oh so every claim that AZ vaccine does cause blood clots is false claim? Try harder.

The issues with Astra Zeneca are due to a very rare reaction. In one study, 18 potential cases out of 25 million people. Which demonstrates a) how safe vaccines are and b) how cautious regulators are even with a tiny number of cases
    The fact that vaccines do cause injuries and even death in some cases is not conspiracy theory but a fact.

Nothing is 100% safe, the water you drink every day? not 100% safe. Deaths and injuries have happened from vaccines, but the occurrences are extremely low. The consequences of not taking the vaccine can be death from a highly infectious disease, especially among older people and people with underlying conditions. Vaccines are net saving lives, by orders of magnitude.

Anti-vaxxers and "I'm just concerned about vaccine" types twist the facts and distort context in order to exaggerate the risk to suit their irrational beliefs about vaccines. They use scaremongering phrases like "experimental gene therapy", and they constantly refer to any deaths within 2 weeks of a vaccine as "vaccine related deaths".

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PVNevin

Vaccine production needs to be increased to levels many, many times that of the restricted response now; and it can be increased. There should be no shortage of vaccine anywhere on the planet.
    The only thing that is stopping this production is the fact that production is in the hands of private corporations.

This is an interview with the founder of EndCoronavirus.org:
    "Dr. Yaneer Bar-Yam on the COVID-19 pandemic and a strategy to eliminate the virus"
    https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2021/04/14/inte-a13.html:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The first record on that site has the following side effect: "Patient experienced mild numbness traveling from injection site up and down arm that subsided over 20 minutes." Scary stuff.

Similar number of cases of "broken leg", "took up smoking", "got sunburnt" and "got pregnant" are reported in the UK yellow card system against the Pfizer and Astra Zeneca as there is for blood clots.

Got to be careful with all the things these vaccines could do to you. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

The Nal wrote: »
    Heres Soho in London the other night. Looks normal enough to me.

We're not in the Uk. They had a competent vaccine roll out. We're surrouned by idiots in Govt and "experts" that are more interested in the limelight than anything else.
    We're not too far off this now. Another 6 or 7 weeks. Maybe less.

"2 weeks to flatten the curve" 52+ weeks later and we're still waiting.

We're not in the Uk. They had a competent vaccine roll out. We're surrouned by idiots in Govt and "experts" that are more interested in the limelight than anything else.

"2 weeks to flatten the curve" 52+ weeks later and we're still waiting.
    Ok.
    So which measures specifically will be permanent?
    How do continuing these measures benefit the people behind faking the pandemic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

..."2 weeks to flatten the curve" 52+ weeks later and we're still waiting.

Curve has been flattened during those 52+ weeks a couple of times. Schools all back again. Not waiting for that anymore.

Agree with that yep. But that has nothing to do with a conspiracy about all Covid measures being permanent.

A bit of perspective

07ozdbh5x2t61.png

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Seems to be... Right, same as when back in march 2020 people said it seems that vitamin D deficiency may cause covid infection go severe with possible loss of life. That was favorite cause to send people to conspiracy theories forum if you dared to mention that.

Seriously? That website is not covid conspiracy, they track vaccine adverse reactions since 1981 and reports are submitted not only by family members but also by vaccine providers. You need to spend more time researching something, 10 seconds glance is worth exactly nothing.
    UK does have similar website so again have a blast and try to spend more than 10 seconds of your precious time...

If you fancy government databases then go for this one:
    https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

There are some very mixed views on vitamin D if you research it for more than 10 seconds. It probably belongs in the "can't hurt to try it" or "it might help some people" categories.

It's a fact that no vaccine is 100% safe and there is risk associated with them. Can you imagine if there was a website showing the adverse effects of driving or being a passenger in a car since 1981? The results would show many many times the number of adverse effects that have resulted from people getting vaccines yet this is never a target for conspiracy theorists. Car manufacturers make more money than vaccine manufacturers could even dream of making so why aren't conspiracy theorists discussing these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

so J&J and astrazeneca are off the menu now for good it seems. the EU are not going to buy any more of them. i thought these things were 100% tested and not experimental at all ?

i keep hearing on the news from doctors like luke o neill about how you're so much more likely to die from a car crash... do they factor into them stats the situtation that individual drivers put themselves into? for example, i heard that the pedestrian most likely to get hit are people on country roads at night with no hi viz on them. so these people are skewing the figures, likewise the fellas n wans that speed crazily on drink and drugs are lumped into the stats alongside the people that never have a crash. i was young once myself, i did stupid things. so this saying, IMO, is b0l1x. it doesn't account for all the high risk and dumb behaviour being lumped in with the people who never have an accident and obey the rules of the road.
    you hae not much choice, if you wan t to live any kind of life, to use the roads in some capacity. how you use them is a different story altogether.
    i'm pro vaccines in general, but we're being told to take this covid vaccine not knowing what'll happen in a year or two times after taking it. it's simply not possible to know at the moment.

so J&J and astrazeneca are off the menu now for good it seems. the EU are not going to buy any more of them. i thought these things were 100% tested and not experimental at all ?

They aren't "off the menu". Nothing is 100% safe (and no one is saying it is). Hundreds of millions of people have been successfully vaccinated around the world, there are issues with a only handful of them (a couple of cases per million). In a world with no vaccines, millions die, in a world with vaccines, those millions live.

People with extreme and irrational beliefs ("vaccines are dangerous") don't want to process information that contradicts their beliefs. Which is why they keep going around in this hamster wheel of bad logic.

i'm pro vaccines in general, but

"but"

There's no "pro" and "anti" here, there's just medical science vs uninformed opinions.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    "but"

There's no "pro" and "anti" here, there's just medical science vs uninformed opinions.

"I'm Pro-spherical Earth, but..."

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

PintOfView wrote: »
    What were the lies that killed people a year ago?
    ah jasus man, i could be here all day listing them.

1.fauci admmitted he lied about masks, the same lie was repeated here in ireland initially, so that health staff wouldn't go without, how many vunerable died due to that ?
    2.people not tested for covid being booted out of hosiptal bed, back to nursing homes without proper medical care, how many died due to that ? a lie of omission is still a lie.

3.trump wanted to shut down flights from china in jan 202 but the democrats in usa lied so much about that, that they even went so encourage people to not social distance in chinese areas of american cities, we here in ireland carried on with that lie into march so much that we had itialian rugby fans in dublin

4.zero covid is not doable, why not? a load of cr@p. foot and mouth had being managed far better than covid, there was no problems with border checkpoints then, IMO the free movement of people in europe was far more important to the EU than saving lives. it was a politcal decision/lie to not have a zero covid approach. Taiwan has had 11 deaths so far from covid, population 23 million, they are situated a lot closer to wuhan than us. has anyone in the irish civil service picked up the phone to them chaps and lassies and asked them what they are doing right? or do we just blindly follow orders from the EU commission?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The head of Denmark's health authority, Soren Brostrom says he is not ruling out using the vaccine again in the future, adding if Denmark was in a different situation right now and being affected by a third wave of the pandemic, Danish health authorities would not hesitate to use the vaccine.

So not permanently off the table then, just not needed currently.

• Advertisement

1.fauci admmitted he lied about masks, the same lie was repeated here in ireland initially, so that health staff wouldn't go without, how many vunerable died due to that ?
    Thought you guys claimed that masks didn't work?

Guess they do now it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

i keep hearing on the news from doctors like luke o neill about how you're so much more likely to die from a car crash... do they factor into them stats the situtation that individual drivers put themselves into? for example, i heard that the pedestrian most likely to get hit are people on country roads at night with no hi viz on them. so these people are skewing the figures, likewise the fellas n wans that speed crazily on drink and drugs are lumped into the stats alongside the people that never have a crash. i was young once myself, i did stupid things. so this saying, IMO, is b0l1x. it doesn't account for all the high risk and dumb behaviour being lumped in with the people who never have an accident and obey the rules of the road.
    you hae not much choice, if you wan t to live any kind of life, to use the roads in some capacity. how you use them is a different story altogether.
    i'm pro vaccines in general, but we're being told to take this covid vaccine not knowing what'll happen in a year or two times after taking it. it's simply not possible to know at the moment.

I didn't see anyone saying AZ and J&J are off the table for good!!
    They still have a very low level of risk, seems to be single digits per million, with perhaps one or two of those dying.

If you are 25 and you get covid your risk is also very low.
    However as you get into your 50,s and 60's, and 70's the risk from the virus is vastly more than from the vaccine.

If noone gets vaccinated then most will likely get the virus at some stage, as we can't lockdown for ever.
    You are then at a far higher risk of blood clots, and other issues, and also death, when you do get covid, than from the vaccine.
    (and this is known from the past year's experience)

So that's the choice that faces us all!!
    Personally it looks to me like the vaccine is obviously the better choice (vs everyone getting covid)

1.fauci admmitted he lied about masks

No he did not

Christ

When the pandemic first hit there was uncertainty about the effectiveness of masks. When we learned that they reduced the virus, then there was an initial shortage of masks and PPC. Over time global demand was largely met.

You also inadvertently admit that masks work (in bold)

Is there any point in explaining any of this stuff or does it all go through some bizarre Covid denial filter regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

robinph wrote: »
    At least with the fake moon landings idea they have a reason for thinking that it was faked because of a belief that getting to the moon was too complicated to actually do. All these covid related conspiracies are totally lacking in any kind of reason for even being a conspiracy.

It give conspiracy theories a bad name, if that were even possible. :)

Stuff relating to the origins of Covid has been dumped here even though the issues surrounding it are now openly being discussed on mainstream media (BBC, Washington Post and Politico as examples), moreso since Trump left office. I think that was a kinda arbitrary decision and should be reviewed. I know you didn't make the call, just saying fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

1.fauci admmitted he lied about masks, the same lie was repeated here in ireland initially, so that health staff wouldn't go without, how many vunerable died due to that

What else could be done in the circumstances? Here's the situation
    - Covid arrives, it's an airborne infection, so masks are important, especially in hospitals.
    - There are not enough masks in the country for both the population and health workers.
    - If we tell everyone masks are important they will be a run on them
    (as it was, some actually appeared for sale on the streets in central Dublin)
    - So they downplayed the masks until we had a few plane loads brought in from China

So you have a choice :
    either protect some of the public (not enough for everyone), and leave the hospitals short,
    leaving both covid and other infections to transmit more freely in hospitals,
    OR
    You try to save what masks there were for the hospital and health staff.

They chose the latter, and I think they were right!
    2.people not tested for covid being booted out of hosiptal bed, back to nursing homes without proper medical care, how many died due to that ? a lie of omission is still a lie.

There may be something in that, however until a proper appraisal is done it's all speculation.
    In their defence they were looking at scenes from Italy and China, and probably doing their best with no first hand experience.
    (hindsight, as they say, is 20/20)

3.trump wanted to shut down flights from china in jan 202 but the democrats in usa lied so much about that, that they even went so encourage people to not social distance in chinese areas of american cities, we here in ireland carried on with that lie into march so much that we had itialian rugby fans in dublin

I rarely find myself giving Trump credit for anything, but I do remember him wanting to shut down flights from China in Jan 2020, and others over there disagreeing.
    (Trump subsequently flip flopped multiple times, and uttered so many untruths that he quickly used up any credit he got from me).
    On the Italian rugby fans, yes, I agree that was bad judgement.
    4.zero covid is not doable, why not? a load of cr@p. foot and mouth had being managed far better than covid, there was no problems with border checkpoints then, IMO the free movement of people in europe was far more important to the EU than saving lives. it was a politcal decision/lie to not have a zero covid approach. Taiwan has had 11 deaths so far from covid, population 23 million, they are situated a lot closer to wuhan than us. has anyone in the irish civil service picked up the phone to them chaps and lassies and asked them what they are doing right? or do we just blindly follow orders from the EU commission?

I liked the idea of zero covid, but I can see that the NI border is one complication.
    People can arrive in to Belfast from anywhere, and just drive south, unless we were to
    impose a hard border, which poses a number of difficulties.
    In the end vaccination looks likely to work as well as zero covid!

Dave Cullen's latest video entitled 'The Two-Tier Prison Society': https://www.bitchute.com/video/YWUVYFKKgG0Z/

According to Dave Cullen, it will be illegal for unvaccinated people to meet other people in their own home with the passing of new legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Dave Cullen's latest video entitled 'The Two-Tier Prison Society': https://www.bitchute.com/video/YWUVYFKKgG0Z/

According to Dave Cullen, it will be illegal for unvaccinated people to meet other people in their own home with the passing of new legislation.

Impossible to police that so it’s not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Why are you still watching his nonsense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Watched it for a while. Then he started talking about "so-called experts". So I switched back to Liverpool v Real.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement