Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Borat 2

1235»

Comments

There’s nearly two hours of my life I’ll never get back. I was a huge fan of Ali G and the original Borat film, this is just a dull, nasty, crude piece of filmatic ****e. The debutante dance and women’s meeting scenes are simply grotesque and not in any way funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dav010 wrote: »
    There’s nearly two hours of my life I’ll never get back. I was a huge fan of Ali G and the original Borat film, this is just a dull, nasty, crude piece of filmatic ****e. The debutante dance and women’s meeting scenes are simply grotesque and not in any way funny.

Every hour of your life is an hour you'll never get back

PsychoPete wrote: »

TBF, Borat 2 was wittier than your post though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

PsychoPete wrote: »

I think the meaning behind the regularly used saying is not literal, it just means those two hours could’ve been better spent.

A bit like this scenario, if I was in the car with a friend in a passenger seat and some eejit ran a red light and pulled out in front of me and I exclaimed “f**k me”, in shock, I think my friend in the passenger would understand that I did not want him to have sexual intercourse with me.

There’s 50-60 seconds of typing a response I will never get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

The family tried to sue but it turned out she knew exactly what was going to happen. SBC seemingly explained it all to get before they started filming.

I loved the film but that scene had me wondering.

In the height of Covid should SBC really be hugging two random elderly women?

Don't get me wrong- Covid is generally a load of hyped bollix, but we should be taking the Swedish approach, and laying off the old folks physically.

The daughter is an absolute cracker, I can understand why a lot of the lefties didn't enjoy it.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Jesus... Is no thread on this site safe from talk about 'lefties'? :rolleyes:

Still Ill wrote: »
    Jesus... Is no thread on this site safe from talk about 'lefties'? :rolleyes:

It’s the night that’s in it. Ciotog discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I loved the film but that scene had me wondering.

In the height of Covid should SBC really be hugging two random elderly women?

Don't get me wrong- Covid is generally a load of hyped bollix, but we should be taking the Swedish approach, and laying off the old folks physically.

The daughter is an absolute cracker, I can understand why a lot of the lefties didn't enjoy it.:pac:

Ah, I will get you wrong and Sweden has also changed its approach to Covid and has started applying restrictions in the face of rising infections.

Also, what does the daughter being a cracker have to do with lefties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This could be Oscar nominated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yes, and it's a POS IMO. The very recent past has been terrible with its dearth of outstanding films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

??

It's terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

The academy? whatcha gonna do? inject them with the Wuhan flu! inject them with the Wuuuhaan flu!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

If this is a contender for an award, how depressing it is that the standard of movies have fallen that low.

I don’t dislike Borat 2, but to suggest this is Oscar nomination worthy is like including one of the worst Carry On movies as a best picture nominee.

(BTW, I love most of the Carry On movies, but they still made Carry On Columbus ��)

Wedwood wrote: »
    If this is a contender for an award, how depressing it is that the standard of movies have fallen that low.

I don’t dislike Borat 2, but to suggest this is Oscar nomination worthy is like including one of the worst Carry On movies as a best picture nominee.

(BTW, I love most of the Carry On movies, but they still made Carry On Columbus ��)

Virtue signaling will always get the votes. This movie is the opposite of the first one, the more left leaning you get the unfunnier things are. SBC should stick to the comedy and leave politics to the politicians. This, like his last TV show are cut from the same unfunny cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Still Ill

The tv show was a little hit and miss. Had a lot of hilarious moments though. This movie was almost completely terrible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭El Duda

The negativity in here!

What were you expecting from a Borat movie?

El Duda wrote: »
    The negativity in here!

What were you expecting from a Borat movie?

For it to be funny?

Advertisement