Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 or Xbox Series X ?

• 09-09-2020 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

What will be your choice ?

What would you plonk your earth dollars on? 556 votes

Playstation 5
    64% 356 votes
    XBox Series X/S
    16% 94 votes
    Why not both? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    11% 62 votes
    PC
    6% 34 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    1% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

PS5 all the way. I have a bit of a backlog with PS4 games I’ve all but resigned to continuing when the PS5 comes out(I’m assuming they’ll be supported as they’re all relatively recent) and I’m looking forward to Miles Morales and finally getting a crack at Demons Souls.

As I said on the other thread, I have a one X that I use for gamepass and I couldn’t name an exclusive for the series X that I’m immediately excited for, so I’m happy to keep that as is for another few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can a poll be added please?

A lot of people might be waiting for PS5 price/release date first but me, PS5 on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Unless Sony somehow completely sh*t the bed in the next few weeks in terms of pricing or "You must buy it with this camera and it has to be connected to the internet every 24 hours" levels of sh*ttery, I'll be getting the PS5 for sure.

Possibly a Series S in a year or so unless Sony make PS Now more comparable to Gamepass, but even then I might just upgrade my PC instead and use Gamepass on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Sony confirmed PS5 launch date and pricing to be revealed today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

Xbox without question, far more powerful.

Do like PC but most of my friends are on Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

PS5 for me. Maybe the Xbox Series S down the line if some killer app ever gets released on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I had a PS4 Pro and then got an Xbox One X to get the very best out of my 4KTV, but I never ended up using it.

I had the PlayStation exclusives and just ended up playing my multi platform games on the Pro too, so I just sold off the One X in the end.

I don’t have the time or the financial justification to get both, so I’ll stick to PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

A more interesting question is probably if anyone is switching one way or another... Most people are relatively locked in with subs or existing games catalogs these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

head says PS5 first, launch day, series s second, maybe christmas.
    reality will probably be PS5 launch day, Series X launch day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Gally79 wrote: »
    Sony confirmed PS5 launch date and pricing to be revealed today

No they didn’t, that’s a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

both, launch day if possible but not in a rush to pick up the ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Series S is the only one I'm pondering atm, purely because of the price and the game pass link as I already use that for PC.

I will have to see full reviews on them when they are actually available. I've never made a choice on any kind of gear based purely on manufacturer preference, have owned consoles from all of the usuals [Nintendo, Sega, Sony, MS ... Atari :D] It's whatever suits me best at the time.

For now though I'd have to say SX

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

hots wrote: »
    A more interesting question is probably if anyone is switching one way or another... Most people are relatively locked in with subs or existing games catalogs these days.

I've gone from xbox to PC, and my existing game pass (and now EA access) sub has given me more to play than I'll ever get to.
    I cant work with the PS gamepad, and I think that the majority of their exclusives are overrated.

However - what i really want to see is better cross platform integration. Recently we got a win in CoD Warzone, with 1 on PC, one on Xbox and 1 randomer on PS. - its the way things should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

PS5 definitely for me. Been on the PlayStation since PS2 and have a good amount of digital games from the last generation that presumably would be available to download again on the next machine. Xbox never really grabbed me enough to make me want to switch over, and some of my favorite games of recent years were PS exclusives so that's another big draw. Most of my gaming friends are on PlayStation aswell so that's another big factor for online. Xbox being a bit more powerful isn't a huge deal for me, I'm not that big into needing the best specs and PS5 will be a nice upgrade itself.

I will say that the Series S is an interesting option down the line a bit as a second console maybe. I've never been one to have an extra console, but at that price and with the value of game pass, I could see myself giving it a go at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Corvo

Been Xbox for years, but switching to PS5 at launch.

Missed out on too many exclusives in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Tempted to pick up a Series S some stage after launch, so can split between it on TV and the PC with the GamePass (and finally play Rare Replay). And this €25 per month finance plan is very tempting in that too.

As for PS5, not seen much coming soon (or at all really in terms of launch date/price etc) to intrigue me. And its still up in the air how many of the games Sony showed will actually remain PS5 exclusive; good chance Horizon 2 will arrive on PC as the original did. Launch window is Spiderman (meh) and heard hints and rumours of Demon Souls but again....weve no info to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I've gone from xbox to PC, and my existing game pass (and now EA access) sub has given me more to play than I'll ever get to.
    I cant work with the PS gamepad, and I think that the majority of their exclusives are overrated.

However - what i really want to see is better cross platform integration. Recently we got a win in CoD Warzone, with 1 on PC, one on Xbox and 1 randomer on PS. - its the way things should be.

I'm back to fully Xbox having been PC and PS4 before it, PC is too much hard work and $, PS controllers are poo but in fairness I think their exclusives make them the best for ''proper'' gamers. I'm a total casual these days, fifa/madden/cod, all the worst ones, but I think Xbox is perfect for that type of player now.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

PS5, happy with the PS4 and simply look for bigger, better and faster.... The price can't be a showstopper, it would be crazy to do so.
    Waiting for the release date.. so I can prepare... time off etc =)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

PS5. I have too many digital games I dont want to lose. Might get that small Xbox for obsidian games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

PS5 as I have a back catalogue of games that I need to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Both, its just a question of which to buy first. I find for the first time ever I can justify owning a Sony, Microsoft and a Nintendo console as all 3 offer something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

I always primarly play on Playstation , so I will be picking up the Playstation 5 when it comes out as thats where all my friends play.

I am having a long debate over whether or not to upgrade my PC or buy an Xbox Series x since its backwards compatibility catalogue isnt on pc .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I have a good PC so any iteration of the XBOX would be wasted on me, but I think MS have put some really attractive options on the table here. Credit where it's due. Anyway, I'll pick up a PS5, but not too stressed if I can't get one at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

The one that has Demon's Souls

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

PS5, although I'll probably end up getting both at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

I'll do my usual of buying every console at launch then spending 95% of my gaming time on Playstation, except in the period around a new Forza Horizon game coming out. Playstation has always been in a completely different league for exclusives, in terms of quantity, quality, and their attention to interesting genres and original ideas. Then it becomes my default for third party because I end up way more comfortable with the controller, the interface, and it's just always in use every night for stuff like Netflix too.

In fairness gamepass is making xbox a bit more compelling than it used to be, I only looked into it properly when I signed up for Flight Simulator on PC. There's actually some really good games on there like Nier Automata and Yakuza, not just the usual xbox stuff like Halo and Gears that I expected. Nearly everything I'm really interested in on there is something I've already paid for and played on PS4 of course, but going forward I'll be paying closer attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wife is getting me a PS5 from Santy.

There's literally nothing on the Series X that interests me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wife is getting me a PS5 from Santy.

There's literally nothing on the Series X that interests me.

The only exclusive on the system I care about is Hellblade, a who knows when that is coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Markitron wrote: »
    The only exclusive on the system I care about is Hellblade, a who knows when that is coming.

I was sickened when MS announced Ninja Theory as xbox exclusive. Hellblade was such a special game, one deserved to be played by all. Was really looking forward to the sequel.

Advertisement