Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terminator 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Oh I remember them. Just not very memorable. Like if I saw an image or clip from the first 2, I'd likely be able to identify it. But with the others, I could probably watch them again and not have a clue what's going to happen.
    Except for the Emilia Clarke one where they spoiled the big twist in the trailer.

I don't watch trailers. It got spoiled for me by the poster on my way in to watch Genisys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lal19

Funny enough it’s on ITV 4 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't watch trailers. It got spoiled for me by the poster on my way in to watch Genisys.

It's one of the reasons I don't watch trailers for things I plan to see, unless it's an adaptation of something I've read/played.
    Forgot they had it on the poster as well.

T2 also led to this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

An absolutely smashing, bombastic, rollercoaster of an action movie. Its utterly brilliant from start to finish. It also makes great meme opportunities.

118216070_10223450921164245_4262495172081163651_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=FpD7Y4c_95UAX-yKpX3&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=3152e8ec52a6a88a750fd8dc8d37ad8b&oe=5F7CC69B

Also, the foster mother above also played the badass and beautiful Private Vasquez in Aliens.

tumblr_p3dvq47OWi1qi26lwo2_500.gifv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

T2 was and is an incredible movie. It must be up there with the best sequels ever made.

And the outro tune is glorious.

Wayne's World 2 was another great sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Also, the foster mother above also played the badass and beautiful Private Vasquez in Aliens.

Wow, I never knew Robert Patrick was so versatile :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

looks nothing like her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

anyone ever notice how john connor sounds near identical to Bart Simpson ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    anyone ever notice how john connor sounds near identical to Bart Simpson ?

Sad that he pissed his career down the drain after American History X and also end up becoming a modern day Ike Turner with women.

I remember reading a while back that when T2 was being made or a little after he was was banging one of the crew or make up artist. He was 15 she was 28.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Probably my favourite film ever and without a doubt the best sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

An absolutely smashing, bombastic, rollercoaster of an action movie. Its utterly brilliant from start to finish. It also makes great meme opportunities.

118216070_10223450921164245_4262495172081163651_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=FpD7Y4c_95UAX-yKpX3&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=3152e8ec52a6a88a750fd8dc8d37ad8b&oe=5F7CC69B

Also played the Irish mother in Titanic

https://jamescameronstitanic.fandom.com/wiki/Irish_Mother

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭pah

OU812 wrote: »
    Also played the Irish mother in Titanic

https://jamescameronstitanic.fandom.com/wiki/Irish_Mother

She was fantastic in aliens. Wonder why she didn't get more roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

pah wrote: »
    She was fantastic in aliens. Wonder why she didn't get more roles?

Cameran stuck her in a few roles and she was also in the vampire flick Near Dark with two of the other Aliens cast members.

Cameran stuck her in a few roles and she was also in the vampire flick Near Dark with two of the other Aliens cast members.

I knew Paxton and Henrikson were in Near Dark, never her though. Its been years since i watched, must give it a spin some evening, great little take on vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Lance Henricksen was first choice for the Terminator in 1984 but Cameron pushed for Arnie. How different all our lives could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Laszlo Cravensworth

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Lance Henricksen was first choice for the Terminator in 1984 but Cameron pushed for Arnie. How different all our lives could have been.

Lance Henriksen wouldn't have been a bad choice at all, but it's hard to imagine anyone outdoing Arnie.

Henriksen was excellent as Bishop from the aliens series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I believe Henricksen was Cameron's initial idea and he actually helped greenlight the movie by attending the pitch as The Terminator.

The studio then wanted Schwarzenegger to play Kyle Reese and someone like OJ Simpson or Mel Gibson to play the Terminator. Cameron hated the idea of Arnie playing Kyle Reese so went to the meeting with the sole intention of picking a fight with him so he wouldn't want the role. Cameron ended up really liking Arnie, thought he'd be perfect for the T-1000 and then had to convince him to play a bad guy with only a few lines.

Good oral history of it here.

I didn't know that about Henrickson.

He would have terrific.

I can see it being pretty much the same movie but I wonder thought what would have been the effect on the popularity of the movie and on there being a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Henrickson would have also made a great T-1000. Robert Patrick was perfect, but there's something about Henrickson that I think would really suit that role too.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I believe Henricksen was Cameron's initial idea and he actually helped greenlight the movie by attending the pitch as The Terminator.

The studio then wanted Schwarzenegger to play Kyle Reese and someone like OJ Simpson or Mel Gibson to play the Terminator. Cameron hated the idea of Arnie playing Kyle Reese so went to the meeting with the sole intention of picking a fight with him so he wouldn't want the role. Cameron ended up really liking Arnie, thought he'd be perfect for the T-1000 and then had to convince him to play a bad guy with only a few lines.

Good oral history of it here.

I thought everyone wanted Arnie for the hero role and that he wanted and had to argue for being the Terminator - because of the minimal dialogue and the personality suited his "minimal acting skills" (I thought he said that or something like it himself).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

I remember seeing a trailer for Terminator 2 back in 1991 when I was 13 and being blown away, the hype was unreal (despite the lack of internet then). As a rock fan, I was also into Guns and Roses so when they released "You could be mine" and the music video not only had clips from the film but Arnie himself, it escalated. I managed to sneak into a cinema viewing when the film was released and left in awe.

T1 & T2 perfectly bookend each other IMO. What T1 lacks in budget and sophistication, it makes up for in atmosphere . To this day, the slow movements of the Terminator as it moves through a busy nightclub before settling eyes on Sarah Connor remains chilling. It really did feel unstoppable.

T2 took a very different approach and was much more of a spectacle, but what a spectacle it was - perfectly marring action, sci-fi, great leads, and a truly iconic villain. What I really liked about it too was that it was of the first modern era films to cast a female in a lead action role, with Linda Hamilton famously going to great lengths to get herself into prime shape for the role.

Subsequent Terminator films have been disappointing. For the most part they've tried to mimick the fundamental story premise of the first - robot-from-future-travels-back-in-time-to-save-humanity's-saviour - but with different bells and whistles. None have ever managed the same tone, and injecting humour into a few has ruined them. Salvation is a very flawed film, but IMO it's aged well and remains the only one I really respect for trying to do something different, actually taking us into the post-apocalyptic universe of the Terminator franchise.

I remember seeing a trailer for Terminator 2 back in 1991 when I was 13 and being blown away, the hype was unreal (despite the lack of internet then). As a rock fan, I was also into Guns and Roses so when they released "You could be mine" and the music video not only had clips from the film but Arnie himself, it escalated. I managed to sneak into a cinema viewing when the film was released and left in awe.

T1 & T2 perfectly bookend each other IMO. What T1 lacks in budget and sophistication, it makes up for in atmosphere . To this day, the slow movements of the Terminator as it moves through a busy nightclub before settling eyes on Sarah Connor remains chilling. It really did feel unstoppable.

T2 took a very different approach and was much more of a spectacle, but what a spectacle it was - perfectly marring action, sci-fi, great leads, and a truly iconic villain. What I really liked about it too was that it was of the first modern era films to cast a female in a lead action role, with Linda Hamilton famously going to great lengths to get herself into prime shape for the role.

Subsequent Terminator films have been disappointing. For the most part they've tried to mimick the fundamental story premise of the first - robot-from-future-travels-back-in-time-to-save-humanity's-saviour - but with different bells and whistles. None have ever managed the same tone, and injecting humour into a few has ruined them. Salvation is a very flawed film, but IMO it's aged well and remains the only one I really respect for trying to do something different, actually taking us into the post-apocalyptic universe of the Terminator franchise.

Salavation used the right time period but had a terrible story and focused on the wrong characters. Plus I'm tired of the post-apocalypse world being a desert.

I like Rise of the Machines and Genisys but they are just T2 mixed with the plot of the TV series.

The TV series was the best sequel of the lot. Would have if that had got to tell it's full story.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Henrickson would have also made a great T-1000. Robert Patrick was perfect, but there's something about Henrickson that I think would really suit that role too.

Is it this?

millennium_Frankblack_henriksen-thumb-550x417-26141.jpg

Or perhaps this?

lance-gif.gif

Or?

tumblr_ot9kbleqlT1s8iz6oo3_r1_500.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Concept art from the eighties showing Lance Henricksen as the Terminator.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

When you think about it Henriksen would have been a better terminator. Arnie stands out, which for an infiltration unit is daft, and like Jai Courtney in Genisys just can't have that physique in a post apocalypse future where food is scarce.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

The Commodore 64 game for TT2 was just EPIC. I think I cleared it if I recollect

CatFromHue wrote: »
    When you think about it Henriksen would have been a better terminator. Arnie stands out, which for an infiltration unit is daft, and like Jai Courtney in Genisys just can't have that physique in a post apocalypse future where food is scarce.

Thanks for ruining the whole bloody thing for me, man!!!

:pac::pac:

larva wrote: »
    The Commodore 64 game for TT2 was just EPIC. I think I cleared it if I recollect

My sister had a Commodre 64 and I didn't know any of the games looked that good. It was "for college" but there was free games in the box. We used to take it while she was out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

My sister had a Commodre 64 and I didn't know any of the games looked that good. It was "for college" but there was free games in the box. We used to take it while she was out

Ill bet she went all "Sarah Connor" on you when she found out

Ive been looking for a you tube clip of the game where John is being chased by the T1000 in the truck, dont know why but I remember having great fun with that level lol

Advertisement