Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP (I’m locked in my bedroom... no joke)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Maybe they're after doing something bad and this is their alibi.
    It maybe they're trying to get out of jury duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

Saw this post last night... Are they still there 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

joeguevara wrote: »
    When life closes a door. Open it back up; sort of how doors work

You don't know how locks work do you Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Mother of God can someone put an end to this? Im more concerned that a female would be around any man that didn't have a notion of how to use a key let alone be allowed one and let herself be locked in?we all have survival mode look what happened with Kate

• Advertisement

Joe: that's prison
    (On phone can't quote)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sn@kebite

1) The little sh1te has been online at 9.25am yesterday morning and didn't update. (Having us on!)

2.) Did no one mention pushing the door or pulling as you turn the key? I'm surprised I didn't read it. A new door/frame can be warped and it tightens the lock bar against the sides of the tray it sits into so pressing your body on the door or pulling it can work. Happened to me many times in newish apartments. Like wooden doors it's an awful pain with guitar necks bending also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    1) The little sh1te has been online at 9.25am yesterday morning and didn't update. (Having us on!)

2.) Did no one mention pushing the door or pulling as you turn the key? I'm surprised I didn't read it. A new door/frame can be warped and it tightens the lock bar against the sides of the tray it sits into so pressing your body on the door or pulling it can work. Happened to me many times in newish apartments. Like wooden doors it's an awful pain with guitar necks bending also.

I was thinking that all day but already had got someone telling me that what I posted wasn’t funny so thought better. Surely there was a coming out of the closet pun in their too. It was clear from the start it was a p1ss take. A locked safe part deux. Girlfriend was a nice touch. Like why would anyone take a key from a bathroom door and try it on bedroom door. Realistically if he had just moved into an empty new house with his girlfriend would he have even made it up the stairs?

MadYaker wrote:
    Smash your way out or get someone to kick the door in and get a second hand door it'll be cheaper than calling a locksmith. I had to do this in a crappy student house I lived in years ago. Cutting the deadbolt is a load of work and if OP has never done something like that before he could easily cut his hand off. Just break the door it's hardly solid oak?

That's a lot of coming and going surly he's been through enough? And then get a new door id cut my hand of

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Checking back through previous posts by the op, he’s in Dublin 18

If he had replied yesterday I was out there yesterday morning at 10am and I have a full set of basta keys I could have thrown up to him

If this is a pi$$ take then it shows the good nature of people out there willing to help

I just hope for their sake they are not locked in but I’m sure by now a neighbour has reacted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

If he'd hung a sheet out of the window and wrote Hunger Strike on it with lipstick they'd be definitely out by now and they might even have achieved something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sn@kebite wrote: »

I did see post #39

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭gk5000

It's a metaphor for Covid.

We can never get out!!!

There’s been some contrivances by man to ‘Get the Leg over’, but this, ‘Darling I’ve locked us into the bedroom all weekend, and look, I’ll even post for help online. Whatever shall we do?’ is ingenious.

Or the OPs a muppet.

Could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭paul7g

Thank you for all of the advice... it took longer to read all of the jokes than to get out :-)

I stayed up until 02:30 trying to get the key to work, and I eventually broke the key.

I was very close to kicking the door in, in the morning, however I made a call to a locksmith, who came 2 hours later.

He had to drill through our front door to get into the house first, and then come up stairs.

He STRONGLY recommended never to kick the door down, because it will destroy the frame and it makes it harder to get the bolt out.

Lesson learned... never test a key in a door, when the door is shut!

I was out of the house all day yesterday, so apologies for the late update, and thanks again for all of the help (and humor).

paul7g wrote: »

He STRONGLY recommended never to kick the door down, because it will destroy the frame and it makes it harder to get the bolt out.

He would say that though, in very strong terms.

Glad you sorted it... or got someone else to sort it, don't let that affect your sense of manhood in any way :pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

I was very close to kicking the door in, in the morning, however I made a call to a locksmith, who came 2 hours later.

He had to drill through our front door to get into the house first, and then come up stairs.

How much did he charge for that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did he clean out your house 1st....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Was the wife satisfied with the locksmiths performance, first doing the job in the hallway then being thorough in the bedroom?
    Did you stand there and watch the whole time or did you help him with his tool?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think it was a good move to abandon the house for the day after an incident such as that.

Can I ask, what was your partners reaction when you broke the key at 02:30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭paul7g

She was well asleep when I broke the key.

He charged €170 as the main door is a Nordan door. I also got him to adjust another door in the house too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It won't. Unless your internal doors are solid wood, possibly. Mine are basically two sheets of cardboard formed in the shape of panelled doors.

It'll create a job for a door firm, and not one for him, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Safest bet is remove the doors.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Door locks can fail. Happened to a friend he was locked in the toilet key wouldn't turn. We eventually knocked the pins out of the hinges and took the door off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

So no more lockdown then ..

Advertisement