Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 6 (LE TEIL>MONT AIGOUAL 191 km)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Combativity award for Nico Roche as most aggresive rider.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

• Registered Users Posts: 14,097 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bit sick seeing vino hanging out the window of the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

That was a bit boring tbh.

Itziger wrote: »
    That was a bit boring tbh.

INeos controlled that to slow motion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

I hope Sam's challenge for the green Jersey didn't entice too many prospective irish fans to watch the last two stages... They'll think we're all crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Refractions

Great effort by Nico. A stage win looks a bridge too far for him at this point but fair play for putting his nose in the wind like that. Was sure he'd be pulled back after a few minutes but then a few good men bridged across to him. Has looked in good form since the Dauphine, hopefully has a good couple of weeks ahead.

Great effort by Nico. A stage win looks a bridge too far for him at this point but fair play for putting his nose in the wind like that. Was sure he'd be pulled back after a few minutes but then a few good men bridged across to him. Has looked in good form since the Dauphine, hopefully has a good couple of weeks ahead.

I dont agree with that view that a stage win is a bridge too far ...it depends who is in the break ...GVA is the olympic champion and RRV champion and Lusenko is a world 23 champion and extremely strong ...most people in the peloton couldnt beat Lusenko in a break on a stage like today

Nico probably gave too much to make the break but there are at least 100 riders who he could beat in the break in this Tour of 177 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Refractions

MPFGLB wrote: »
    I dont agree with that view that a stage win is a bridge too far ...it depends who is in the break ...GVA is the olympic champion and RRV champion and Lusenko is a world 23 champion and extremely strong ...most people in the peloton couldnt beat Lusenko in a break on a stage like today

Nico probably gave too much to make the break but there are at least 100 riders who he could beat in the break in this Tour of 177 imo

I hope you're right but this is his tenth tour and he hasn't pulled it off yet. If there is any climbing involved he can be in the top 20/30 whenever he wants but that extra edge is lacking I feel.

Regarding beating most other riders, a break with weaker riders in it wouldn't have made it today. Those guys were all very strong, worked well with each other/needed each other and still just about managed the win thanks to the peleton easing off. Most days they'll chase it harder.

Having said all that, Nico put in a great shift today and at 36 years of age it was great to see.

• Advertisement

GVA said that the break today was the strongest he has been in at the Tour and he has been in many

Also Nico is on his tenth Tour but has spent years riding GC or as a DOM and hasnt spent his Tours riding for stages like GVA but still has has 3 2nd places

He only rode for stages last year and in 2016 ...prior to that he was a dom or a leader most of the time

He was beaten in stages by Adam Yates, Darly Impey (downhill sprint) and now Lusenko

It is very hard to win a stage at the Tour as so many things have to line up and there are alot of strong riders

but for Nico to win is NOT a bridge too far ..many top riders do not have a stage win at the Tour

I don't know, Nico is looking like he has the best form he's had for a few years now and it's not enough imo.

Advertisement