Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 6 (LE TEIL>MONT AIGOUAL 191 km)

Options
  • 03-09-2020 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭

Online Preview
    Today’s is a stage like never before, from the Rhône valley to the Mont Aigoual (alt. 1504m) that has only been used once in the Tour de France in the middle of a stage with Charly Mottet wearing the yellow jersey that day of 1987. A weather station was built up there in 1894 and recorded gusts of wind at 334km/h in 1966 but a nice and sunny weather is forecast for stage 6. The final ascent to Mont Aigoual is preceded by the 11.7km long col de la Lusette (7.3% average with some gradients at 14% and some curves at 19%). It’s an occasion for Julian Alaphilippe to bounce back after losing the yellow jersey to Adam Yates due to irregular feeding inside the last 20km yesterday but the Englishman will defend his lead, also against Primoz Roglic who is a favourite again

Looking forward to the latter stages to today. Looks to be the kind of day where you can't win the Tour but you can certainly loose it.

Personally il be watching Bernal, ineos have been keeping their powder dry so far but that will have to change today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

5c95d

Here is the profile for today

The question for me is breakaway or not breakaway ?

Anyone got any opinions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The final 14k are easy enough, would probably be the same group of GC people finishing together, unless someone is on a real bad day.
    Maybe see a GC sprint again for the bonification and the stage win and time bonuses

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Bennett and Sagan will be eying each other for the intermediate sprint!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

MPFGLB wrote: »

Think Roche will give it a bash today. He's been climbing well and didn't kill himself the last time, possibly to lose a bit of time to give himself an option for today?

Bennett and Sagan will be eying each other for the intermediate sprint!

I hope they get on well from their BORA days because I can see Sam stuck to his wheel for the next two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭De Bhál

MPFGLB wrote: »

Here is the profile for today

intermediate sprint at 125km in, will DQS try keep things together so Sam has a crack at maximum points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Does anyone listen to Lances podcasts? Im sure allot of people boycott it.
    Lance is a bollix, has no shame & he makes no apology for it.

As a non cycling fair weather TdF watcher i find it entertaining.
    Lance is Lance. Its all about Lance.

Hincapie is very good though (& is still very friendly with lads in the race) and Bruyneel on a separate pod is particularly insightful.

Hincapie & Bruyneel picked Roglic for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Roche definitely lost time yesterday to help him get away.

Could see a strong break made up of riders down the rankings like roche, de gendt, barguil etc getting away and taking the win as it might suit teams for the break to take the time bonuses.

But if no break gets away, I reckon its just going to be a gc sprint at the summit. Even though it would be nice to see an attack i dont think any gc rider has the superior strength to do so, in stage 4 they were all looking aroun at each other waiting for a move but no one had the strength to do so. I dont think we'll see any of bernal until the high mountains where he has an advantage

Hard to predict

Hincapie is very good though (& is still very friendly with lads in the race) and Bruyneel on a separate pod is particularly insightful.

No.
    He’s a lying sack of sh1y
    I can see the attraction however, but wouldn’t do anything to reward someone who cheated like he did.

• Advertisement

This would be a cracking break if it's left to go away. Roche is there with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

That is a strong group

Roche
    GVA
    Lutsenko
    Oss
    Cavenga
    Powless
    Herrada
    EBH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I thought it was Sagan in the break for a second:eek:

Seven Worlds will Collide

GVA too high on GC not let away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I was on holiday last year, so followed the Giro mainly through podcasts while out for my morning ride. Bruyneel's one was very good then - with no commute struggling to get through The Cycling Podcast and the velocast. Cycling Tips probably 3rd up to be honest.

I sometimes Listen to the evening one with Johan Bruynell... He's Just as 'cheaty' but far less obnoxious and has a much greater understanding of the goings on with the teams and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

There are 8 riders in the breakaway.

If they hoover up the intermediate sprint points, that means that the max points available for the peloton is 7. Which means Sam cannot be overtaken and will keep the green jersey for another day (obviously I'm assuming a sprinter won't win the stage!)

There are 8 riders in the breakaway.

If they hoover up the intermediate sprint points, that means that the max points available for the peloton is 7. Which means Sam cannot be overtaken and will keep the green jersey for another day (obviously I'm assuming a sprinter won't win the stage!)

where do you find the points allocation for the sprint spots, I looked (briefly) but couldn't find the info.

De Bhál wrote: »
    where do you find the points allocation for the sprint spots, I looked (briefly) but couldn't find the info.

untitled2.png

• Advertisement

De Bhál wrote: »

Article 24 (b) - page 31 of the Rule Book (see attached)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Is Dan the man going to figure...I know he has an injury but if he is starting to feel better than that category 1 late on might suit him, he will be let go as he is so far off in GC and of course he hasn't pushed too hard in the first few stages (due to the injury)

TG4 were talking about Valverde having family or some sort of connection to Cork, I was only half listening but they were questioning if he has a child here Based in cork and said something about him posting pictures from the real capital,

They waffle a lot and I wasn’t paying massive attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Acosta

Sean Kelly has started a Tipp/Waterford boundary debate on Eurosport :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

TG4 were talking about Valverde having family or some sort of connection to Cork, I was only half listening but they were questioning if he has a child here Based in cork and said something about him posting pictures from the real capital,

They waffle a lot and I wasn’t paying massive attention.

It was a few years ago but stickybottle had an article on it. I am not sure if it was only a short english course his sons were enrolled at the time

https://www.stickybottle.com/uncategorized/cork-cafe-customers-amazed-to-see-one-worlds-very-best-pros-walk-in/

Valverde's wife was studying or lecturing in Cork ..not sure which

intermediate sprint coming up for Bennett in a few minutes

donfers wrote: »
    Is Dan the man going to figure...I know he has an injury but if he is starting to feel better than that category 1 late on might suit him, he will be let go as he is so far off in GC and of course he hasn't pushed too hard in the first few stages (due to the injury)

The tempo in the peloton will probably be very fast on the final climb so might not be worth the effort for the likes of Dan. I think a stage that has multiple Cat. 1 climbs would suit Dan better.

Well done Sam. Morkov behind him then as well. A few points gained on Sagan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Right, I'm going to mow the lawn.
    Call me, if anything happens.

Advertisement