Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Danzy wrote: »
    Trump is in a much better position now than a month ago.
    Interesting to see Biden going to Minnesota, if he is concerned about that State then he has problems.

In the last month.

Trump has been admitted to Hospital with Covid.
    He pulled out of the second debate.
    It was revealed he only paid $750 in tax some of the years when he was President.
    Bidens lead in the national polls increased.

Just how exactly do you think he is in a better position?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

MadYaker wrote: »
    I wasn’t talking about specific story. Why do you always talk about the media? They have no input into criminal investigations. Ignore the media’s noise around all of this and look at what has actually been established as fact and there is very little to go on.

Fabricated dossier? I assume you’re talking about the Steele dossier? Some of which has been verified and none of which has been shown to be false.

The accusations against hunter Biden are not the same.

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume4_Excerpt.pdf

The CIA knew it wasn't credible and Steele's sources were unverified and made it clear they would not have used it if they were working on their own. John Brennan made it clear that Jim Comey pushed it into their intelligence community assessment.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/press/rep/releases/newly-declassified-document-indicates-fbi-misled-congress-on-reliability-of-steele-dossier

The FBI mischaracterize, mislead and lied to the Senate Intelligence Committee about the credibility of the Steele dossier

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/fbi-releases-documents-showing-payments-trump-dossier-author-steele-n897506

The Clinton campaign paid for Steele's work

And at the end of that article the FBI said that Steele was credible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Danchenko

Igor Danchenko was the primary source

Comey testified under oath that he didn’t know anything about dossier author Christopher Steele’s sources on 30th September this year.

https://www.brookings.edu/events/the-mystery-of-vladimir-putins-dissertation/

Igor Danchenko worked with Fiona Hill at the Brookings Institute

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/fp_20170207_hill_cv.pdf

This is her resume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMoaYHTNY_g

Adam Schiff’s star witness for the impeachment was Fiona Hill

Hill resigned from her role as the White House advisor on Russia days before Trumps phone call to President Zelensky

https://news.yahoo.com/fiona-hill-details-relationship-christopher-220559208.html

She had previously worked with Steele and did not think the dossier was credible upon reading it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAs9MfpvXRg

Hill testified she had received a copy of the Steele dossier from the Brookings Institute before it had been published by Buzzfeed

There's plenty more evidence out there that the Steele Dossier was a fabrication

In the last month.

Trump has been admitted to Hospital with Covid.
    He pulled out of the second debate.
    It was revealed he only paid $750 in tax some of the years when he was President.
    Bidens lead in the national polls increased.

Just how exactly do you think he is in a better position?

Trump did not pull out of the second debate

Wrong.

HqcVnXvrL26LChhh8

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He refused to take part because it was going to be held remotely and not in person.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There is no comparison if you're comparing it to the "Dead Troops are losers" story. With specifics like that, I don't feel anonymous source stories should be reported on. Merely saying there is an investigation though, I don't see much of an issue with given that we already have many details to hand. On it's own though, I most likely would take issue with just that revelation and nothing more.

I have no issue with the media's initial reporting about the dossier as they (mostly) were not to know it was fabricated but as time went on the reporting was ridiculous, as was all the Russia Collusion madness that followed it. Bombshell after bombshell that was all clearly nothing. There was never a shred of evidence that would justify someone believing Trump was an agent of the Kremlin and that he (or his team) had been compromised and so conspired with Russia to fix the election. Same goes for the impeachment.

Pretty much like Rudi's laptop bombshell or Carlsons "damning documents"?

What has happened to these? I thought all of this explosive evidence was going to be released?

Danzy wrote: »
    Trump is in a much better position now than a month ago.
    Interesting to see Biden going to Minnesota, if he is concerned about that State then he has problems.

Biden continues to campaign as if he is 20 points behind in every state, when you're in the lead you don't take your foot off the pedal you keep driving until you're home.

So why wasn't there a second debate?

duploelabs wrote: »

You are incorrect I am afraid, the Commission on Presidential Debates cancelled the debate because Trump disagreed to a rule change, a change to the rules that were agreed before the first debate was held.

As per the article you linked

"The decision was made a day after the commission announced the debate would take place “virtually” because Trump had contracted the coronavirus."

The commission cancelled the debate, Trump never pulled out of it

There was no need for the debate to be held virtually as was proven by NBC's town hall held on the night the second debate was scheduled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK4GxpJt2wo

Gaslighting by definition is manipulate by psychological means into doubting their own sanity. Making a statement of fact is not gaslighting.

• Advertisement

So why wasn't there a second debate?

See my reply to duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭8-10

"The decision was made a day after the commission announced the debate would take place “virtually” because Trump had contracted the coronavirus."

Nothing in this quote mentions why it would be cancelled. It's saying it's to go ahead virtually. The question was why it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭irelandrover

8-10 wrote: »
    Nothing in this quote mentions why it would be cancelled. It's saying it's to go ahead virtually. The question was why it didn't.

Its explained in the next line of the article

"Trump balked at holding the debate in that format, and Biden scheduled a town hall with ABC News for that night once Trump said he would not participate."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You are incorrect I am afraid, the Commission on Presidential Debates cancelled the debate because Trump disagreed to a rule change, a change to the rules that were agreed before the first debate was held.

As per the article you linked

The commission cancelled the debate, Trump never pulled out of it

There was no need for the debate to be held virtually as was proven by NBC's town hall held on the night the second debate was scheduled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK4GxpJt2wo

Gaslighting by definition is manipulate by psychological means into doubting their own sanity. Making a statement of fact is not gaslighting.

Read the whole article

Its explained in the next line of the article

"Trump balked at holding the debate in that format, and Biden scheduled a town hall with ABC News for that night once Trump said he would not participate."

Sounds like he pulled out to me then

I thought is was fairly clear

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/second-presidential-debate-canceled-commission/

He refuse to take part in a virtual debate, he never refused to take part in an in person debate as was agreed before the first debate was held.

Commission on Presidential Debates deemed it a health risk because he had contracted covid and changed the rules. Doctors deemed him fit to make public appearances and the NBC town hall went ahead instead, it took place in person on the same night the second debate was due to take place. The Commission on Presidential Debates cancelled the debate. Trump never pulled out of the debate.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Read the whole article

I have

Sounds like he pulled out to me then

No he didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Some interesting early votes so far

Arizona, 99% mail in 1% in person
    Dem 39% Gop 36% Other 25%

Florida, 59% mail in, 41% in person
    Dem 41%, Gop 38%, Other 21%

Georgia, 33% mail in, 67% in person
    43% Dem, Gop 50%, Other 7%

Iowa, 75% mail in, 25% in person
    Dem 49%, Gop 32%, Other 19%

Michigan, 100% mail in voting
    Dem 39%, Gop 41%, Other 20%

Minnesota, 100% mail in
    Dem 46%, Gop 31%, Other 23%

Nevada, 56% mail in, 44% in person
    Dem 46%, Gop 36%, Other 24%

North Carolina, 22% mail in, 78% in person
    Dem 39%, Gop 31%, Other 30%

Ohio, 100% mail in
    Dem 39%, Gop 48%, Other 13%

Pennsylvania, 100% mail in
    Dem 68%, Gop 22%, Other 10%

Texas, 15% mail in, 85% in person
    Dem 36%, Gop 54%, Other 10%

Wisconsin, 74% mail in, 26% in person
    Dem 36% Gop 43%, Other 21%

Interesting reading, have you got a link for this?

Interesting reading, have you got a link for this?

Yes it's done by NBC

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/arizona-results

• Advertisement

He refuse to take part in a virtual debate, he never refused to take part in an in person debate as was agreed before the first debate was held.

Commission on Presidential Debates deemed it a health risk because he had contracted covid and changed the rules. Doctors deemed him fit to make public appearances and the NBC town hall went ahead instead, it took place in person on the same night the second debate was due to take place. The Commission on Presidential Debates cancelled the debate. Trump never pulled out of the debate.

'He refused to take part in a virtual debate' is pulling out of the debate sunshine.

'He refused to take part in a virtual debate' is pulling out of the debate sunshine.

I'm afraid it's not, he refused a rule change
    He had no problem with doing an in person debate sunshine

• Subscribers Posts: 41,292 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Can you link to where exactly you are seeing those results as "early votes" as you are calling them.

All I can see that in anyway matches your posted figures is the numbers that requested mail in votes by party??

It is non sensical that "other" would be getting 30% of mail in votes

But there was no longer an in person debate to make that decision on.

The commission sets the format. They announced the format change. He refused to participate. It was planned to go ahead but for him.

He pulled out of the debate because the format changed and instead set up a rival town hall that got less viewers than Biden.

It didn't look good for him

But there was no longer an in person debate to make that decision on.

The commission sets the format. They announced the format change. He refused to participate. It was planned to go ahead but for him.

He pulled out of the debate because the format changed and instead set up a rival town hall that got less viewers than Biden.

It didn't look good for him

The rules were agreed before the first debate took place, this happens every presidential election

The rules were agreed before the first debate took place, this happens every presidential election

I'm not disputing that.

But the rule change to the debate doesn't mean it's no longer:

1. A debate
    2. The second debate
    3. Scheduled on the same date

So it's completely accurate, unless you want to go through mental gymnastics to defend Trump, to say he pulled out of the second debate. Because a debate, in between the 1st and 3rd, was scheduled to go ahead with him in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wrong. The bolded part was never agreed. They said there would be 3 debates and the 2 candidates agreed. Which format the debates would take wasn't specified at that time so no, Trump didn't specifically agree to an in person debate, he simply agreed to a debate and when it was moved online due to his coronavirus diagnosis he pulled out because that didn't suit him. The commission never cancelled anything or changed the rules, they changed the format.

Ran from Joe Biden.
    Ran from Leslie Stahl.

Boys got form.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Can you link to where exactly you are seeing those results as "early votes" as you are calling them.

All I can see that in anyway matches your posted figures is the numbers that requested mail in votes by party??

It is non sensical that "other" would be getting 30% of mail in votes

Sure

Go to the page, scroll down past mail in ballots request and you will see Mail-in and early in-person ballots returned. These are the early votes that have been returned either by mail or in person. Click on party registration and you will see the figures I posted

You can change the state by going to the top and clicking the by state drop down box

Information is provided each day by the relevant states election division and the NBC website is handy because it's all there together and they calculate the percentages for you rather than having to go search each individual states early voting reports like say this one for Florida

https://countyballotfiles.floridados.gov/VoteByMailEarlyVotingReports/PublicStats?fbclid=IwAR1XKy-XVViJ3aRYIOefQOL7OW-nGYRag7LmdNTGz_lIQCAoS9Gamg-og9o

Going to each states report can be good too so you can see the returns for each county but it is time consuming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ran from Joe Biden.
    Ran from Leslie Stahl.

Boys got form.
    Ran from joining the army....bone spurs...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement