Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,732 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

duploelabs wrote: »
    I only Google myself when the wife's not in the mood or when I'm alone in a hotel room

https://www.google.com/search?q=it+yourself&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

• Registered Users Posts: 31,860 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You've made a claim, it's fair to expect you to back it up.
    It is true they have been steadily dropping for black people (no idea about just males) since at least 2006.
    Not sure how much credit you can give Trump for it though.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/05/06/share-of-black-white-hispanic-americans-in-prison-2018-vs-2006/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Overheal wrote: »
    I’d like to see your source for that all the same. I suspect what we will see is, like unemployment numbers, no shift in trend between presidents, Trump having nothing to do with the state of the figure. Presidents don’t, as a rule, influence how the courts rule on criminal cases. Implying that Trump is responsible for a lower imprisonment rate is farcical. So I’d love it if you could demonstrate any inflection point in the trend line of incarcerations over time thank you and God bless.

I implied nothing of the sort...I pointed out a trend that has been in motion for some time.

It was Joe Biden, the man who has played a massive role in the mass incarceration of black people who once used described the Republican candidate as wanting to "lock you up in chains"...I merely pointed out that it seems black people have realized the con.

“I implied nothing of the sort”

Suuuuure bud
    Looks like Black people have realized who exactly is "locking them up in chains".

Imprisonment rates for black men is also at lowest level in decades.

FT_20.05.05_ImprisonmentRates_1.png?w=640

“RETREEEEEEAT”

Your burden of proof my guy.

Are you serious? You are on another thread lashing around all kinds of flawed statistics for months now and here you are unaware of the declining imprisonment rates for black people....you haven't a clue what you are on about!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Is it possible to endorse Trump without making wild unverifyable claims, false claims, doenright lies, or claiming Biden did something similar (and should not be president for that reason, while acceptign Trump did actually did it himself).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I implied nothing of the sort...I pointed out a trend that has been in motion for some time.

It was Joe Biden, the man who has played a massive role in the mass incarceration of black people who once used described the Republican candidate as wanting to "lock you up in chains"...I merely pointed out that it seems black people have realized the con.
    Joe biden played a massive role in the mass incarceration of black people? Where is your proof on that? You obviously have proof of that?

I pointed out number of black people in prison has been dropping since at least 2006...it was on a downward trend for 10 years before trump took over.

Are you serious? You are on another thread lashing around all kinds of flawed statistics for months now and here you are unaware of the declining imprisonment rates for black people....you haven't a clue what you are on about!!!!

“Flawed statistics”

If you actually want to pretend to argue that do it on that thread. Stop being a childish coward over here.

Is it possible to endorse Trump without making wild unverifyable claims, false claims, doenright lies, or claiming Biden did something similar?

What do you make of the soaring approval levels amongst the black community for the current administration?

What do you make of the soaring approval levels amongst the black community for the current administration?

:D

You may need to clarify what your definition of “soaring” is.

• Advertisement

:D

You may need to clarify what your definition of “soaring” is.
    A poll going from 25-49% approval rating in the space of about 5 days does not sound in anyway reliable to me.

gmisk wrote: »
    Joe biden played a massive role in the mass incarceration of black people? Where is your proof on that?
    I pointed out number of black people in prison has been dropping since at least 2006

Check out his crime bill in 1994.

Surely you are familiar with it.

gmisk wrote: »
    A poll going from 25-49% approval rating in the space of about 5 days does not sound in anyway reliable to me.

What poll is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So while you're backing up the other claims, be a good chap and slide in your verification on this too

Check out his crime bill in 1994.

Surely you are familiar with it.

It’s “his?”

Please clarify and provide evidence.

I’m going to warn you now this bill wasn’t introduced by Biden. It wasn’t even introduced in the same chamber as him.

duploelabs wrote: »
    So while you're backing up the other claims, be a good chap and slide in your verification on this too

It was mentioned in a previous post just a few hours ago....in this very thread.

It was mentioned in a previous post just a few hours ago....in this very thread.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It’s “his?”

I’m going to warn you now this bill wasn’t introduced by Biden. It wasn’t even introduced in the same chamber as him.

Did Biden agree with the bill?

You must, at this point, realise I'm going to ask for evidence? Because I'm nto aware of such levels and wil lsure as hell NOT be taking your word for it!

So either link to proof or move on to your next unsubstantiated claim because at this point, your makign my point for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Is it possible to endorse Trump without making wild unverifyable claims, false claims, doenright lies, or claiming Biden did something similar (and should not be president for that reason, while acceptign Trump did actually did it himself).

No.

• Advertisement

It’s “his?”

So Joe Biden had nothing to do with the 1994 Crime Bill.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/06/politics/joe-biden-crime-bill-2020-campaign/index.html

I will highlight the best bit shall I?

"Biden, then the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, took ownership of the measure at the time.

"A guy named Biden wrote that bill and he wrote that bill by going down and sitting down with the president of the United States of America," he said during a 1993 floor debate."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Dopey Donnie claiming that other countries have fewer cases because they only test when someone comes into the hospital and throws up all over the floor.

Could one of his disciples confirm if this is true?

Link?

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready-shock-poll-46-of-black-voters-approve-of-trump?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    I am guessing this is it.
    Its 45 percent and literally no other poll showing anything like that.

You must, at this point, realise I'm going to ask for evidence? Because I'm nto aware of such levels and wil lsure as hell NOT be taking your word for it!

So either link to proof or move on to your next unsubstantiated claim because at this point, your makign my point for me.

It was linked in post no 6447, just two pages back...a Rasmussen poll.

But if you spent any bit of time away from your media bubble, you can see for yourself that there has been a shift in support from the black community to the current administration....I don't need a poll to tell me what I can see with my own eyes.

I've been saying on this thread for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

There is serious momentum behind Trump now and with only 10 days to go it really is going to be a nail biter, all polls I see are moving towards a 1-2% lead for Biden which will not be enough to win him the white house. It is so intriguing, we really could have 4 more years of Trump, amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,995 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

But if you spent any bit of time away from your media bubble, you can see for yourself that there has been a shift in support from the black community to the current administration....I don't need a poll to tell me what I can see with my own eyes.

I pointed out to you fivethirtyeight didn't say 'soaring'. They said, "about as popular as any GOP President." So, if you can stay away from your media bubble and actually do some critical thinking, the hyperbole that tempts the scorn will stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,995 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

There is serious momentum behind Trump now and with only 10 days to go it really is going to be a nail biter, all polls I see are moving towards a 1-2% lead for Biden which will not be enough to win him the white house. It is so intriguing, we really could have 4 more years of Trump, amazing.

Proof of 'serious momentum?'

And, if you're willing to take the challenge fill in the EC map and come back to us with your numbers and how you chose the 'swing' states.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/electoral-college-interactive-maps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You must be involved with black communities in the US then to be able to say you've seen this with your own eyes? Please do tell us about your experiences?

• Advertisement

What questions did they ask and how big was the survey?

And you can quit wit hthe ad homeinems - they add nothing to your credibility

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement