Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payroll not processing overtime and subsistence due to staff shortages

Options
124»

Comments

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I don't just assume it, I've experienced it first hand. 'Not my job, that's HR' Not their job to raise it, either I suppose. No, that would be the job of the ambulance staff who are already working flat out without getting paid for the extra hours. Make sure everyone knows what isn't their job, stay nice and cozy in your permanent pensionable and sleep easy at night. You don't seem to have any problem at all that the ambulance service are being forced to work extra hours unpaid. Something that would leave us all in sh1t creek if they stopped doing. God forbid the wages clerks have to input extra data when it's not in their contract! God forbid that someone sticks their head over the parapet and say ' this is what our inflexible hiring system leads to. I'm not happy leaving these essential workers unpaid because IT'S MORALLY INDEFENSIBLE' and could lead to a serious crisis if they take industrial action. No, that's not in their contract, is it?Anyone with an ounce or talent or a even a hint of morals won't stay and the inert lumps get left behind to proudly defend their ineffective, inflexible and unaccountable ways of doing things.

I am actually capable of seperating the two issues. Are you?

No, it's not fair that they ambulance staff are not getting paid their overtime at the moment.

But it's also not MORALLY DEFENSIBLE to bully the remaining payroll staff about a problem that is not of their making and something that is outside of their control. The buck lies higher then them.

Clearly the matter of the vacancy has been raised, as sanction has been sought for a replacement staff member. For now, it has been refused. Until such time as it is given, they are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Advertisement