Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Comments

I just love oti! She’s the sweetest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

hrvy gnn wn t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Great Jive from Hrvy. Great first night don’t think there was a bad dance overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Great first night . Really enjoyed it
    Love Otis African influence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭unichick

Rooting for Bill Bailey. He gave it his all.

I’d say the two at the top have stage school dance experience. They are amazingly good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I'm so glad Strictly is back. I actually love the new set up with Claudia talking to the couple on their own without Karen and Janette hanging out of them.

Craig was in great form. I wonder was he told to bring it up a notch.

Really enjoyed all the dances, but Maisey was my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I just found out that there is no Halloween theme next Weekend.
    They felt it was too soon to add the additional pressure of a theme onto the celebs.
    At least the pro dance will be spookily themed

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Navy blue

I like the new socially distant format. I think it works better without Tess pawing all over the contestants when they’re wrecked and sweaty or the usual suspects trying to get their mugs in the frame when Claudia is interviewing the couple that have just danced. I have to say I miss Bruno though, the panel felt a little flat without him and having him via video link at the end didn’t really add much. I think they should have put in a replacement for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Navy blue wrote: »
    I like the new socially distant format. I think it works better without Tess pawing all over the contestants when they’re wrecked and sweaty or the usual suspects trying to get their mugs in the frame when Claudia is interviewing the couple that have just danced. I have to say I miss Bruno though, the panel felt a little flat without him and having him via video link at the end didn’t really add much. I think they should have put in a replacement for him.

Also we have the added benefit of Janette and Karen unable to constantly hog the camera in the background when the pros are being interviewed after their dances in the Clauditorium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Navy blue wrote: »

If they could just turn down Tess's microphone when the judges are trying to give their critique, it would be a great help. The constant laughing and giggling is very distracting.

Anyone watching ITT? I just love Johannes! Caroline might grate on the nerves a bit, but they’re good together.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Disappointing there's no Halloween theme but it won't stop me watching.
    Agree HRVY (stpd) and Maisie must have stage school - both very very good.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Anyone watching ITT? I just love Johannes! Caroline might grate on the nerves a bit, but they’re good together.

I absolutely love Johannes but just cant watch him because of Caroline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I found Maisie less annoying than I expected to but I suppose there's still time. She is a talented dancer and she and Gorka seem to get along famously!
    Bill is a joy to watch.
    The Welsh dancer - I think her nane is Amy? - better not dance around JJ like that every week - I always find it highly annoying when the female dancers do this, as it only highlights their shortcomings. His waltz was lovely to watch but without the background story it was ordinary enough. I think he has some potential but as long as she's having him stand there while she performs an elaborate solo around him he won't learn a whole lot.
    I'll be interested to see how HRVY gets on this week - his first dance was great! H mght wn.

I’m liking Rylan. He’s grown on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Is Strictly on tonight. My Virgin guide shows rugby on.

BBC1 at 7.10. Rugby at 9

It's still on the sky tv guide for 7.10pm, but there's a news special on now, Boris is keeping them waiting to make announcement about England going back into lockdown. Announcement was meant to happen at 4pm I believe but keeps getting delayed now they're expecting him at 6.30, hopefully it won't delay Strictly,.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    It's still on the sky tv guide for 7.10pm, but there's a news special on now, Boris is keeping them waiting to make announcement about England going back into lockdown. Announcement was meant to happen at 4pm I believe but keeps getting delayed now they're expecting him at 6.30, hopefully it won't delay Strictly,.

Boris put back till 6.45

WOW. Bill! Where did that come from?

• Advertisement

Nervous for JJ going into this one.

How good was bill bailey!!!! Really putting a 100% into the performance. Impressed especially as one of the more mature celebs, who often find the quick foot work harder.

Oh, Dear. Anton and the mummy dancing!

Oti and Bill bring me so much joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Poor Anton :(

Jacqui seems like a decent person and while she's no Judy Murray or Anne Widdecombe she is so obviously the bottom

Oh, Dear. Anton and the mummy dancing!

Few minutes behind, just watched it now, Samba is my least favourite dance, but still, Christ Almighty that was awful.

Loving the dresses tonight.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Poor Anton :(

Hi Mam x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Maisie is one to watch, she is so good :)

• Advertisement

Hrvy did very well. Loved Janette's dress ðŸ˜

Hrvy did very well. Loved Janette's dress ðŸ˜

Viennese Waltz is my favourite dance, Janette’s dress was gorgeous.

Nicola’s smile is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hi Mam x

Hi Ryann Numerous Shot-putter x
    Hope you're doing ok ?
    We have Strictly , and IAC too very soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

To me there was no stand out dance tonight, love Joannes :)

Autosport wrote: »

Agree.
    Caroline was very "fine" during the dance. Johannes being so amazing made it far clearer that she wasn't pushing it to the max

Really enjoyed tonight . Some great dancing and I actually like the new formula with the chat with Claudia

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Really enjoyed tonight . Some great dancing and I actually like the new formula with the chat with Claudia

Me too. It focuses on the celebs rather than the rest of the dancers. Craig is much softer this series. I also like Shirleys demo critiques.

Autosport wrote: »

I find myself just watching Johanas . I find him mesmerising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭unichick

Fair play to Bill Bailey. He’s doing an amazing job. Just love his dances cos he gives it everything.

Poor Jacqui will probably go.

Loving, just LOVING both Bill and Caroline.
    Maissie's dance tonight though was unreal.
    Hate to be controversial but Nicola and Katya were grossly overmarked. However anyone who has read my comments over the years here will know I can't stand those dances. It's all self-indulgent nonsense IMHO
    Anton. Oh Anton...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Have to catch up on the second half yet, have watched the first six.

Anton knows that they will be lucky to survive round one, I think. Having said that, he looks totally relaxed and happy.

I miss Bruno. I know some people say he is over the top, or whatever but he added something to the judging panel.

Have to say, it's a real antidote or bit of escapism, in these gloomy times, the sparkle and glamour. Well done to all who made it possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,528 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yeah, I miss Bruno too.

I feel like Motsi has been given the "highest-scorer-in-the-absence-of-Bruno" role.

The two young'uns are brilliant, I wonder what it'll take to trip them up?

Apart from Jacqui, there are no complete shockers this time - the standard is definitely higher overall, I usually spend until about week 5 peering from behind the couch at half of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,528 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Also, I normally hate the couples choice dances, especially that freestyle sort (I'm sure there's a name for it, but not like the theatre jazz, or street style ones where it's an actual style of dance) - it's usually a lot of self-indulgent nonsense IMO - but I have to say I thought Nicola and Kayta's dance was fantastic, I really loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Sam Smith has is awful.mopey wet old sound.

• Advertisement

Thank god the Anton factor didn't save her. Right result

Fair play to Karen. Despite being the pro, she made an even bigger mess of their dance in the dance-off.

Also, they're bugging up a "special Remembrance Weekend show" next week.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and reckon JJ and Amy will do a magnificently cringy WW2 special with JJ in uniform and Amy dressed as a Wren. Plenty of Union Jacks thrown in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

Heroditas wrote: »
    Fair play to Karen. Despite being the pro, she made an even bigger mess of their dance in the dance-off

My husband thought she was the celebrity last week. I don't think she's a good dancer at all and I find her choreography very boring.
    Loving Bill, I thought his dance was fantastic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I know I say it all the time, but Anton can't teach. And no one should be doing the samba in the second week. I'm not sure they should do the samba at all.

Agree with Heroditas above about couple's choice. There have been some amazing routines to come out of it but mostly it's just wanky barefoot emoting with some leaps in the air.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Definitely the right result.

I feel very slightly bad criticising anyone's dancing, knowing I would be one hundred times worse :D but Jacqui had no natural rhythm at all, imo.
    She seemed to be even out of sync as she was singing along to the song.

• Advertisement
Advertisement