Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Wait, is it now considered “woke” for those with doctorates be referred to as doctor?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Yes, pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I remember a post on Boards about an academic lady who insisted people call her Doctor at all times.
    She was on a flight with her friend, the poster, and she had booked her flight under Dr Smith or whatever.

Halfway through the flight an air hostess came up and said Dr Smith? Yes says your one.
    We have a gentleman up here with chest pains could you follow me please? says the air hostess.
    Your one went white as a sheet and was stammering explaining how she wasn't a medical doctor :D
    They said the air hostess was really angry and gave her daggers every time she passed for the rest of the flight.

But it did put the kaibosh on the whole Doctor thing for her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Wait, is it now considered “woke” for those with doctorates be referred to as doctor?

What about Dr Dre? Doctor and the medics? The Saw Doctors? Was Doc doc doc doc doctor Beat woke or not? And Dr Who? Not just a Dr but a Time Lord? He's not a medical doctor, is he? Or is she a she now ? What pronoun to use there? Actually, Dr makes it a lot easier and less likely to offend someone woke or be accused of being woke. 'Cos you can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

image.jpg

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    image.jpg

Her name is "Gentle"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Cordell

Is there a doctor on board must be changed to is there a real medicine medical doctor on board, with all the inflation of doctors in folklore and gender studies and quackery doctors.

biko wrote: »
    image.jpg
    She assumed his gender!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What about Dr Dre? Doctor and the medics? The Saw Doctors? Was Doc doc doc doc doctor Beat woke or not? And Dr Who? Not just a Dr but a Time Lord? He's not a medical doctor, is he? Or is she a she now ? What pronoun to use there? Actually, Dr makes it a lot easier and less likely to offend someone woke or be accused of being woke. 'Cos you can't win.

And me!

Cordell wrote: »
    Is there a doctor on board must be changed to is there a real medicine medical doctor on board.

Yes and by the time that mouthful is emptied the poor patient has croaked it.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Wow, that looks appalling, they even managed to throw in a token funny phat bird, eugh.

No sale. It looks like one of those stupid princess diaries' tripe they show on the other channel when a match is on.

Tokenism is evil. Is it supposed to be a piss take?
    One of the most played-out US TV and film tropes of the last decade or two.
    Overweight, aggressive black lady. She is usually a receptionist or somebody dealing with the public and is always really rude to customers.
    Stock catchphrases include:

'Oh Hell, No!'
    'Oh no you didn't!'

Yes and by the time that mouthful is emptied the poor patient has croaked it.

Is there a qualified health professional on board? Fairly easy to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

We need a new famine or an Asteroid to hit the earth to cull all of these morons.

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    We need a new famine or an Asteroid to hit the earth to cull all of these morons.

Is a pandemic not enough?

Is there a qualified health professional on board? Fairly easy to say.

Yes of course because there might be some tool on board with a doctorate in transgender social studies who'd misunderstand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

jmlad2020 wrote: »

Maybe an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs cos they went all woke..

Yes of course because there might be some tool on board with a doctorate in transgender social studies who'd misunderstand :rolleyes:

You were the one who mentioned having to utter the mouthful.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And Dr Who? Not just a Dr but a Time Lord? He's not a medical doctor, is he? Or is she a she now ? What pronoun to use there?
    He. He appears to have died a few years ago. Got an infection in the daleks. The end came quick for him. Very sad. Still he had a good innings.

Actually on the thread subject front that show went for broke with the woke towards the end and then he had a sex change and the woke intensified to an amusing degree. Of the bits I could stomach to watch for any length anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

You were the one who mentioned having to utter the mouthful.

Yours is just as much a mouthful!

You're proving the poster correct who asked is this sh1t woke.

Is there a Doctor on board? C'mon Miss, use your noggin.

Seriously, they make you call them Dr. all the time? What's wrong with their first name?

Its more they inducate their preferred pronouns!

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    Is there a doctor on board must be changed to is there a real medicine medical doctor on board, with all the inflation of doctors in folklore and gender studies and quackery doctors.
    The way I read the post, the flight attendant didn't make a "is there a doctor onboard?" announcement, she simply went to the passenger with Dr in her name.

Time for

any-doctor-here-im-a-doctor-ats-going-on-heart-33318161.png

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

is-there-a-doctor-in-the-house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

You can also shave your fanny hair into a shamrock in that game.

The appropriation is too much to take, I'm in danger of fainting.

Wibbs wrote: »
    He. He appears to have died a few years ago. Got an infection in the daleks. The end came quick for him. Very sad. Still he had a good innings.

Actually on the thread subject front that show went for broke with the woke towards the end and then he had a sex change and the woke intensified to an amusing degree. Of the bits I could stomach to watch for any length anyway.

So, you could stomach it when it was just a complete body change but the change of sex went too far? Personally, once the daleks started to fly and the sets stopped wobbling it lost all its appeal for me.

Yours is just as much a mouthful!

You're proving the poster correct who asked is this sh1t woke.

Is there a Doctor on board? C'mon Miss, use your noggin.

Is there a trained health professional will get you someone who is competent in CPR, which is what they're looking for if they're making an announcement like that. A nurse or paramedic will do. A Dr wont be able to do anything else on a plane and only asking for a Dr excludes any other trained professional who can do what they need. They are just trying to avoid having to do it themselves, which they have been trained to do.in any case, no health professional is obliged to volunteer and most wouldn't, for fear litigation.

Is there a trained health professional will get you someone who is competent in CPR, which is what they're looking for if they're making an announcement like that. A nurse or paramedic will do. A Dr wont be able to do anything else on a plane and only asking for a Dr excludes any other trained professional who can do what they need. They are just trying to avoid having to do it themselves, which they have been trained to do.in any case, no health professional is obliged to volunteer and most wouldn't, for fear litigation.

Most countries have good Samaratin protection now though.

Most countries have good Samaratin protection now though.

Oh they do. I know. But any nurse I know, and I know a few, have said they wouldn't step forward in a situation like that.

• Advertisement

Oh they do. I know. But any nurse I know, and I know a few, have said they wouldn't step forward in a situation like that.

They've nothing to fear from a litigation perspective - something else might be stopping them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement