Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Cordell

The more I think about the more I believe that this was a deliberate destruction of the Star Trek universe by people that hated its core idea of a bright future where meritocracy is all that matters - in real life we are currently moving in the complete opposite direction and we shouldn't dream of this kind of future no more.

You don't make captain because you deserve it, you make it if you pass the diversity criteria and you put feelings above facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If y'all didn't know it's International Pronoun Day

To which I can't say anything that beats this:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭storker

I write with my left hand but user cutlery/golf club/tennis racket right-handed. Does this make me trans-handed?

My inability to work out which hand I throw best with means I'm very bad at darts. Where do I register my disability?

😃

• Registered Users Posts: 24,983 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A lot of these woke fûcks do seem to be fueled by jealousy, victimhood... they see somebody with something they don’t have, achieving something they can’t or don’t even endeavor to.... yet... they absolutely ignore that effort and sacrifice that enabled said success of whoever they are jealous of but expect that success or similar be ‘given’ to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Thomas Sowell says it best when he says

Envy was once considered to be one of the seven deadly sins before it became one of the most admired virtues under its new name, “social justice."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

haven't heard from Ebun Joseph in a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I flicked through the TV stick last night.

One doc was an hour and a half long examining how coronavirus in the UK is racist toward black people and other minorities

I suppose it was only a matter of time

Hard swipe left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Can't believe the amount of idiots that buy her bs.

Ray Darcy was **** over her recently ..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So virus’s are racist now ? Covid was an equal opportunity asshole and seems to work on the principle of infect any host it can find.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Some of it is "white guilt", some of it is jumping on the right on bandwagon, some of it is genuine concern, but this is all grist to her mill as she's a grifter who saw an open opportunity in our newly minted multicutural society and grabbed it with both hands as others like her have done before. Like all in sales she knows the market and her pitch has to be based on some truth. And the plain fact is that racism in western so called multicutural societies is an issue and having a Black face is a disadvantage and it's one of the biggest reasons why in every western multicultural society being Black makes it far more likely that you will be less educated, less employed and more likely to be involved in antisocial behaviours. There are other influences too, including some aspects of "Black" culture that evolved as a response to that. That's less discussed of course. We see similar in the debate around Travellers and they couldn't be any paler.

aside: wánker is blanked out in your post, but when I quote your post it's there to shock all. 😁

Not quite. Viruses and other pathogens take the path of least resistance. In every plague in history the poor were always more likely to be negatively affected. The poor are more likely to live in close quarters, more likely to have crappy diets, more likely these days with "cheap food" to be overweight, more likely to have more public jobs, jobs that they can't afford to give up however temporarily(to put it crudely a streetsweeper can't "work from home") and have less access to medical resources(less an issue in Europe, far more an issue in somewhere like the US). In western multicultural societies some demographics are more likely to be poorer than others, being Black is one. So yes viruses can appear "racist" but that's the usual simplistic headline that covers a multitude of complexity underneath.

Another aspect may be genetic resistance or lack of it. In the UK it was noted that among medical staff, doctors, nurses, there were more people of African and Indian backgrounds ending up in hospital with serious illness and dying from covid compared to those of European backgrounds in the same jobs. That removes the poverty variable as an Indian doctor is just as middle class as his European counterpart and further up the pecking order compared to many Europeans in the community.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I think vitamin D deficiency is linked with poorer covid outcomes. And black people in northern latitudes tend to suffer more from vitamin D deficiency because their skin developed to block out more of the sun (sunlight provides vitamin D(, while light skin in northern climes lets in more sun because we have less of it. So there is a correlation, but to suggest it's racist is of course to entirely miss the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I thought I had seen UK news reports that Covid was claiming more non-white deaths because those communities had a much lower uptake of the virus?

If that true, then its down to personal choice.

The new ad for alexa on UK TV.

Black guy in a wheelchair

Ticks so many boxes. I'm just surprised he wasn't transgender

Or maybe he was 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

You need to go on Joe Rogan's podcast man !!!

I'd listen to that 5hr chat....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well.... if sleeping tablets were needed and not to hand Sir, I can see how I might be helpful on such a podcast. For a nice if rare change of pace. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I really wish that they would put their views in to context of white america versus white people of the world.

Generally she's said how black people won't follow the white evilness and reciprocate violence if they are the ones to become the majority.

People treat people appalling all over the world irrespective of race, religion or gender in every country. It's not just a "white" thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I love this.

PETA want to rename the bullpen in baseball the arm barn.

RTE news : PETA wants baseball warm-up in arm barn, not bullpen

http://www.rte.ie/sport/us-sport/2021/1029/1256589-peta-wants-baseball-warm-up-in-arm-barn-not-bullpen/

Good god she's a thundering fúckwit. Massive racist with it. It being a Daily Fail article I did due dilegence and checked out the video and other sources. Total fruitcake.

Knows bugger all about history, even the narrow history she flounders about in. Apparently Whiteness is an "inconvenient interruption" in history and has interrupted Black and indigenous peoples world making. I kid thee not good reader. Some of that "world making" among Black Africans was selling their own people into bondage long before the palefaces showed up and long after it too. I daresay she either doesn't know that in her academic - and I use the word advisedly- bubble or simply can't acknowledge it because that wouldn't suit the narrative. Nope, it's all Whitey's fault of course. They can't help it because they're White. It's just how they are. Savages really. Swap out White for Black and the KKK would be in agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Cordell

I think white people are also to blame for her being so fat. There's no fat blacks in Africa, so it must be a white conspiracy. It must be.

Funny enough... There have been a few studies that have noticed differences between African Americans(and other descendants of the Atlantic slave trade) and their counterparts in West Africa. Much higher rates of type 2 diabetes and obesity, even when allowing for relative wealth. One theory goes that the horrendous death rates among those Africans enslaved and transported caused selection pressures that resulted in these differences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

^ I agree with the ridicule strategy, obviously.

I've always argued that intelligence and education are not hand and glove.

She is my first exhibit to endorse this theory. She's simply not that bright, and a racist.

It's extraordinary she's allowed teach young people. She should be removed from her position

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A word salad of tweets. It’s clear that I’m not up to speed on the way people speak nowadays. Or maybe I am.

Even if that is the kind of thing white supremacists do, a hate crime?! Ffs.

And that sort of crap is just going to make them even more entrenched in racist ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭storker

From some of the responses, you're not alone...

For "queer" read "attention addict", I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching BBC news and a lesbian couple suing because they don't qualify for NHS fertility treatment.

In fairness, a prescription of cock may solve that for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭archfi

Because, ya know 'geNoCiDe'...nevermind the CTA. Dope.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No it doesn't seem to be anything to do with infertility, or any problems getting pregnant. They're just making a point, that they, as 2 women should be treated the exact same as a hetro couple trying to concieve by the NHS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement