Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

It sounds to me more like their issue is seeing penises wherever they look - rather than anything being wrong with "Jedi". The word "phallic" for me is a word I would only use if something is intentionally meant to represent or appear like a penis. I would not use it to describe anything that just happens to tend in that direction.

But the men haters and over woke have seen "Phallic" vegetables and sky scrapers and everything in between. The issue is not that our society is penis obsessed or that there are penises everywhere - the issue is that their minds are so obsessed with penises they happen to just see them everywhere. Why are lightsabres specifically phallic? What about swords back in the times of ancient wars? There is a reason swords are the shape they are - and it has nothing to do with the penis.

I would not say the Jedi are prone to violent solutions either. Like real people in training in real martial arts - they are trained to use violence but to do so as a last resort. Where non violence or even retreat is an option they will use it. This is the exact opposite of "toxic masculinity".

It seems that once again the author of the quote above is one of the many droves of parrots who have lost knowledge of what the phrase "Toxic Masculinity" even means. It was a useful phrase once until it was hijacked to mean "anything negative I can ascribe to being done by males more than females". But that is not remotely what the phrase originally meant. Violence or gas lighting are not in and of themselves "masculine" nor are they representations of what the phrase "Toxic Masculinity" means.

The only thing I agree with them on in fact in their whole brainless diatribe is that yes - hijacking the Jedi to use in their woke nonsense agenda is a bad move. They are just trying to dress their turd up in someone else's pretty clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

"People that menstruate"

That's about as much woke as I can take

Lol. Clown world. Imagine, a leader of a political party, coming out and saying it is wrong to say that only women have a cervix.

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Men's team bring in crowds in excess of 35,000

Women's team bring in crowds in excess of 5,000

Imagine TV figures much larger for men's team too...

If it's truly about equality they would not get paid the same

Crikey - I am told this is the real text to an advert for a position in the US university of Hartford. Imagine having to wade through this absolute Kool Aid Shyte just to apply for a job!

Assistant Professor of Biology, Tenure Track (2022-2023)

The University of Hartford employs full-time faculty who bring significant skills, experience, knowledge and empathy to recruit, inspire, support and retain our diverse student body now and in the future. At least 34% of our undergraduate students are from minority groups who are U.S. citizens, an increasing number of these students are the first in their families to attend college, and all of our students need to be prepared to thrive in and contribute to a diverse society. Candidates for faculty positions should include in their materials a short essay demonstrating that they are conversant with some of the literature on inclusive pedagogy, culturally responsive teaching, and so on, and describing how their teaching practice could meet the needs of the diverse population of students at the University of Hartford, focusing, in particular, on pedagogical approaches that support student success for those who are new to college and/or whose cultural background includes experience with systemic oppression due to race, gender, or other factors. If relevant, candidates should also comment on research, scholarship, or creative activity that will contribute to the diversity, equity and inclusion goals to which the University of Hartford is committed. In addition, since the University is committed to anti-racism, candidates should demonstrate in their statements knowledge of what it means to be anti-racist and, if possible, to provide example of their own anti-racist values and actions. It is recommended that candidates approach this statement thoughtfully and use specific examples to illustrate their diversity statement. A review of applicant diversity statements will precede that of any other application materials.

I thought the phrase "Moral Panic" was hyperbole when I first heard it. Now I feel less sure of myself on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Cordell

As I said, when playing for a private club which is a business then by all means get paid proportionally to your contribution to the business.

But playing for the national team is a different story - you're playing for your country, not for the crowd or for the ticket sales.

Yes. But the national team bring in revenue.. alot of revenue. It's probably the biggest revenue stream for the IRFU.

The ladies team don't bring in near the same revenue because the have much fewer crowds at the game and far less viewers to watch them getting pumped by a non Rugby playing nation like Spain

Ladies hockey should get paid more than their male counterparts for the same reason

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Should the underage players get paid the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

• Advertisement

IMHO the revenue they bring while playing for the national team is secondary and so is their age. Let me put it this way: I bring a lot more revenue than at least 70% of the population. Should the state prioritize me over them with things like ambulance hospital fire brigade etc?

That's a terrible comparison to be fair.

Try again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Stupid comparison. The women's team would get the exact same medical attention as the men's team.

So do you think underage players should get paid the same as senior players?

No, they will get more, there's the whole women's health range of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well, you have to at least give Kudos to the Uni of Hartford. Thanks to that posting, the vast, vast majority of applicants know to steer well clear of this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anyone would have to be crazy to, firstly, go through all that absolute rubbish to apply for a job, and secondly, to want a job somewhere it seems like you'll be hounded out if you so much as sneeze the wrong direction.

The world is going mad mostly because these people, who are race baiters and think this way, infiltrated the universities over decades.

The fruits of that we see today. This lunacy is then being indoctrinated into the students.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭archfi

Starmer's follow up to cervixgate AKA adult-human-female-gate.

What an utter unelectable shambles of a party.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

There's quite a few mouthing that shite. Odds on if they do, they'll go all out and have a black female transgender Muslim amputee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

saw Thanksgiving was trending on twitter yesterday, looks like some Fine Gael TD thinks we should have a new bank holiday, and suggested maybe have it on Thanksgiving Day...

irish twitter weren't happy with that, sharing a celebration with a genocidal maniac that was Christopher Columbus, so some suggested St. Brigid's day instead

today Imbolc is trending, can't be sharing a celebration with anyone associated with the genocidal maniacs in the catholic church...

• Advertisement

The Dixie chicks got a severe dose of wokeism they now call themselves the chicks because Dixie refers to the Mason Dixon confederate line and maybe someone will be offended it could be racist.

Wait until they realise chick might be an offensive term for a woman.

What then.

Facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

But if you asked Starmer "what is a woman"? he would not be able to give a sane answer - it would be 'anyone who identifies as one'.

Surely Eddie Izzard would be Starmer's dream choice as the next Bond - white bloke who identifies as a woman, in the past said he is "a lesbian trapped in a mans body" (so original) and wants to be a Labour MP.

At She/Her Majesty's Secret Cervix.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Universities seem to be out of control.

St Andrews has introduced compulsory modules on sustainability, diversity, consent and good academic practice and will not allow students to matriculate if they do not “pass” by agreeing with certain statements. The university is one of a growing number insisting that students undertake training on subjects including anti-bullying and climate change.

WTF!

“Does equality mean treating everyone the same?” Those who respond yes are told: “That’s not right, in fact equality may mean treating people differently and in a way that is appropriate to their needs so that they have fair outcomes and equal opportunity.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_each_according_to_his_ability,_to_each_according_to_his_needs

@Cordell - just with regards payment for international football services, as you've not answered my direct question (and you may have just missed it), but do you think underage players should get paid the same as senior players for playing for their country?

I don't know why do you consider my opinion so important that you need to chase me for it, but here it goes: yes.

Fair enough. I think it's a silly opinion (and your medical treatment analogy was rightly called out as nonsensical), but I'll acknowledge that you're consistent at least.

But that is just misunderstanding equity and equality.

• Advertisement

I don't know what's so bizzare about having the state compensating the time and effort equally regardless of age and gender but let's just move on. I will anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement