Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

People with breast AKA women

Ya'd think, alright. But... you would be wrong.

Be nice if more shops were open. :( I could get in the mood for a bit of material liberation.

https://twitter.com/Raghunath_TL/status/1381830314494996480?s=20

Also, I mean come on, up your game, transient enactments in time and space of material liberation should not be committed to digital entrapment, y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Technically, men have breasts too... Just sayin'...

Would men be able to have a mammogram? and if so is that a Daddogram :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Elmo wrote: »
    Would men be able to have a mammogram? and if so is that a Daddogram :D

Depends on how old you are. At some point it becomes a mammograndad

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Be nice if more shops were open. :( I could get in the mood for a bit of material liberation.

https://twitter.com/Raghunath_TL/status/1381830314494996480?s=20

Also, I mean come on, up your game, transient enactments in time and space of material liberation should not be committed to digital entrapment, y'all.

D42dYkKWkAAaksE?format=jpg&name=small

Or flat screen televisions.

• Advertisement

WrenBoy wrote: »
    D42dYkKWkAAaksE?format=jpg&name=small

Or flat screen televisions.

Gluten intolerant, materially inconvenienced, family units, I getcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Just had a look through the articles she writes . I think she hates anything white and male .

She is a lesbian so that explains the hating men bit. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

She is a lesbian so that explains the hating men bit. ;)

Not really. I like Elephants. Respect them and their strength. I can do that without any desire to have sex with them. I think you post is a bit ridiculous if serious, or maybe it's a joke that went over my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Quazzie wrote: »
    Not really. I like Elephants. Respect them and their strength. I can do that without any desire to have sex with them. I think you post is a bit ridiculous if serious, or maybe it's a joke that went over my head.

I was being sarcastic, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »

As long as it's his choice and no one's forcing him.

The Simpsons is an odd case.

Azaria also voices Carl (who is black); Dr Hibbert - who is also black - is voiced by another white actor and Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman (as are a few of the male kids, and Chuckie from rugrats)....

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭rightmove

keano_afc wrote: »

Why cant ppl just tell them to get stuffed and not apologies for what put the kids through college and put bacon on the table ...sorry if I offended anyone by using the word bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Technically, men have breasts too... Just sayin'...

Hairy ones? Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

AllForIt wrote: »

'Its always someone else's fault'. You cannot be happy if you constantly externalize the locus of control.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Hairy ones? Lovely.

Everyone has lovely breasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

rightmove wrote: »
    Why cant ppl just tell them to get stuffed and not apologies for what put the kids through college and put bacon on the table ...sorry if I offended anyone by using the word bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they mistakenly believe that if they take one more backward step the 'offended' party will stop pushing. The opposite is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

As long as it's his choice and no one's forcing him.

The Simpsons is an odd case.

Azaria also voices Carl (who is black); Dr Hibbert - who is also black - is voiced by another white actor and Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman (as are a few of the male kids, and Chuckie from rugrats)....

He doesn't voice Carl anymore, nor is Hibbert voiced by his old actor.

Of course, it's amazing anyone cares, given that the Simpsons has been terrible for about two decades now.

He doesn't voice Carl anymore, nor is Hibbert voiced by his old actor.

Of course, it's amazing anyone cares, given that the Simpsons has been terrible for about two decades now.

Didn't know about the voice changes because, well - haven't watched it in two decades now! But still -, shouldn't apologies be forthcoming in line with concustency?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

This story about The Simpsons is such a load of nonsense. It seems everything is offensive nowadays. Should episodes featuring John and Mary in Father Ted not be shown anymore? Sure that makes light of domestic violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

This is probably the wrong thread for this but I can't help feeling that most of the people losing their collective shlts over, so called, pc issues are, in fact, the delicate ones being all outraged, obstinate and offended.

Of course there's some nonsense out there. There always was and always will be. It's not new. I distinctly remember the "manhole" argument when I was a child in the 80s. 40 years later people are still losing their shlts and guess what? They're still called manholes.

• Advertisement

I do not think people are losing their sh1t. It is rather that people are casting a sardonic gaze upon some of the inanities of the present time.

I do not think people are losing their sh1t. It is rather that people are casting a sardonic gaze upon some of the inanities of the present time.

Nah, they're losing their ****. How many times has a moderator had to come in here and tell people to keep things light hearted?

Feckin thread got suspended at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Didn't know about the voice changes because, well - haven't watched it in two decades now! But still -, shouldn't apologies be forthcoming in line with concustency?!

They probably will because this kind of controversy gets more attention than the quality of show ever could these days.

TI distinctly remember the "manhole" argument when I was a child in the 80s. 40 years later people are still losing their shlts and guess what? They're still called manholes.

I distinctly dont remember anyone losing their ****s about manholes in in the 80s
    ...ppl were too busy trying to get the shtart in kilburn where they would more then likely be working down a manhole

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I distinctly dont remember anyone losing their ****s about manholes in in the 80s
    ...ppl were too busy trying to get the shtart in kilburn where they would more then likely be working down a manhole

It's possible that we remember different things.
    Because you don't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    It's not a new argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is this a "my truth" / "your truth" thing?

It's possible that we remember different things.
    Because you don't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    It's not a new argument.

Anyone else remember this big manhole stuff from the 80's vote now lads an lassies. !!!!!!!!!!!

step right up
    step right up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭KevRossi

sligeach wrote: »
    This story about The Simpsons is such a load of nonsense. It seems everything is offensive nowadays. Should episodes featuring John and Mary in Father Ted not be shown anymore? Sure that makes light of domestic violence.

The thing about Father Ted is that it's full of stuff that would be considered 'un-woke' these days. I'd love to see someone have a go at it, really get stuck into it and see how long they'd last. It would be as popular as having an attack on 'Fairytale of New York'. The thing about Father Ted is that it helped in its own way to rid us of out attachment to the Church, so it was actually very progressive.

Anyway, how are they going to protest Father Ted when the time comes? With signs like this?

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Anyone else remember this big manhole stuff from the 80's vote now lads an lassies. !!!!!!!!!!!

step right up
    step right up!
    I googled personhole and this was the first result, from 1990
    https://apnews.com/article/3962c20a9b644607b5d509aba29079f1

• Advertisement

I googled personhole and this was the first result, from 1990
    https://apnews.com/article/3962c20a9b644607b5d509aba29079f1

Your the man ..not the manhole !

Fair play :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement