Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

Mod

Hector Savage and Danzy, both of your posts are very far from lighthearted. There has been enough warnings about that in this thread already for you to know better. Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

“Bridgerton” breakout star Regé-Jean Page was reportedly rejected for a role due to his race...

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1379811820311961601

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

So if voter ID required to vote in Georgie is Jim Crow according to Biden, why does the WH require ID? Is that that not Jim Crow laws, Joe?

The left will eventually eat themselves with this type of nonsense :pac:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/style/neopronouns-nonbinary-explainer.html

Neopronouns. All you need to know to start navigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A neopronoun can also be a so-called “noun-self pronoun,” in which a pre-existing word is drafted into use as a pronoun. Noun-self pronouns can refer to animals — so your pronouns can be “bun/bunself” and “kitten/kittenself.” Others refer to fantasy characters — “vamp/vampself,” “prin/cess/princesself,” “fae/faer/faeself” — or even just common slang, like “Innit/Innits/Innitself.”

This made me dumber.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    This made me dumber.

Me too. Especially as I did spend 2 minutes wondering what I would pick for my neopronouns if it ever became company policy to put them on emails. Like the way some companies do for pronouns already. Upyerhole/Upyerholeself was all I came up with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

“Bridgerton” breakout star Regé-Jean Page was reportedly rejected for a role due to his race...

He might be angling for the Bond role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Well, I mean ****ing obviously !! Was Jet Li upset not to be cast as Henry Cavill's dad also? what about Angelina Jolie, I see no reason she couldn't play Henry Cavill'd dad. Braindead internet filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Omackeral wrote: »
    This made me dumber.

Princess disagrees with you and princess finds princessself is somewhat....

No, I'm sorry - you're right, it's stupid.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Princess disagrees with you and princess finds princessself is somewhat....

No, I'm sorry - you're right, it's stupid.

Although he could go with Om/Oms/Omself which is not bad in the scheme of things..

• Advertisement

Although he could go with Om/Oms/Omself which is not bad in the scheme of things..

Princess thinks that societyself should ban pronouns altogether and that the populous should refer to populousselves in the thrid person.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭rightmove

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

rightmove wrote: »

ah now wokes and non-wokes alike are up in arms about that

non-wokes - does it matter she is female lets face it, a garda is a garda right?
    wokes - this is typical of the mainstream media that the when a female garda is dragged 30 meters that it is her fault, when the men driving the car are not mention it is not a male criminal just a criminal, how can a young women ever expect to become a garda if she thinks she is going to dragged 30meters by male criminals. Time for a curfew!

Elmo wrote: »

non-wokes - does it matter she is female lets face it, a garda is a garda right?
    wokes - this is typical of the mainstream media that the when a female garda is dragged 30 meters that it is her fault, when the men driving the car are not mention it is not a male criminal just a criminal, how can a young women ever expect to become a garda if she thinks she is going to dragged 30meters by male criminals. Time for a curfew!

Briliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Cordell

But did they ask, or did they just assumed their gender?

Cordell wrote: »
    But did they ask, or did they just assumed their gender?

did they have consent to ask or just assume consent to assume the gender...all very confusing

And most importantly the microaggression of being misgendered or gendered without consent is much more serious than the actual assault.

And most importantly the microaggression of being misgendered or gendered without consent is much more serious than the actual assault.

when i was a kid microaggression was when a small fella boxed the head off ya!

JFC, what was the proper aggression then?

Elmo wrote: »

Been like that for a while now.

Wokes - spend way too much time trawling the news to find stuff they can post on Twitter and be enraged by.
    Non-wokes - spend way too much time trawling Twitter to find stuff they can post here and be enraged by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

JFC, what was the proper aggression then?

Micro aggressions older brother

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Screenshot-2021-04-08-at-23.20.22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

"A growing body of research shows that centuries of racism in this country has had a profound and negative impact on communities of color," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said

And that's a fair enough statement I would have thought, for someone in the US to make. How long before its imported over here though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

"A growing body of research shows that centuries of racism in this country has had a profound and negative impact on communities of color," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said

And that's a fair enough statement I would have thought, for someone in the US to make. How long before its imported over here though?

The whole piece is ironically unscientific. There's many claims made, yet no real evidence. Not once do they cite anything that shows that racism is the cause of said disparity. It's a corner stone of the woke to claim that any disparities equals discrimination, but I'd expect a lot better from a government institution. It's beyond absurd that these "experts" think that they can just make claims and have them blindly accepted, but sadly it's becoming normalized.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    The whole piece is ironically unscientific. There's many claims made, yet no real evidence. Not once do they cite anything that shows that racism is the cause of said disparity. It's a corner stone of the woke to claim that any disparities equals discrimination, but I'd expect a lot better from a government institution. It's beyond absurd that these "experts" think that they can just make claims and have them blindly accepted, but sadly it's becoming normalized.

Hang on - what did she actually say and what was her rationale? Because you're claim here appears to be different to the one in the tweet (which she never personally made).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Racism is a disease now it seems.
    Will we all be vaccinated for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Centre for Disease Control talking about racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

While not defending the statement you will find that people in poor areas will general fair worse in terms of health care.

If you take Dublin you probably have better health in the general population in Dalkey (and an older population) than you might expect to see in an area like Darndale (and a younger population). There might be other factors such as people moving out of Darndale to find better places to live.

You could do the same research on the Traveling community, which would show that their life expectancy is much lower than the rest of the general population.

Some of this will relate to where power resides in a society and for this reason you will see historical factors coming into play. African Americans (those from slavery rather than new African Americans) will probably see a lower life expectancy than their European, Asian or Middle Eastern counterparts, due to the history, but you might find similar lower life expectancy in poor areas of the states that doesn't relate to these history issues.

North America also has a major homeless problem from my experience.

That's just my take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

On that general topic I've noticed a trend in (mostly American) media in the last few months.

Early in the vaccination process there was a lot of time spent reporting on how black communities had the lowest takeup of vaccination and surveys showing huge numbers of black people had no intention of ever taking a vaccine.

In more recent times a similar trend has emerged of white, invariably Trump voting evangelicals also having a high rate of vaccine refusal.

The difference in reporting is striking though. The vaccine refusal by black people is excused and made out to be a reasonable stance to take, because racism (the Tuskegee syphilis experiment always gets a mention). Yet vaccine refusal by white people is portrayed as paranoid and selfish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement