Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker season 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Jimmy beats Bingham. I did not expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Rothko wrote: »

Both played poorly has to be said.

Wakelen one away from beating Selby. Hope he can pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Mark Allen playing dreadfully badly , winning on a fluke ball , what a downturn in form . Jimmy White winning against Bingham and Anthony Hamilton having a good run . The old boys live to fight another day.

Wakelen gets an easy chance to finish it off. Selby out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Rothko wrote: »

Just saw that. Quite amazed!

• Advertisement

zuutroy wrote: »
    Just saw that. Quite amazed!

It was an oddly entertaining match. Because both were playing to a poor standard and it became a match of who would be less annoyed with themselves who would get over the line.

A winnable match tomorrow morning for him too. Would be great to see him have a deep run somewhere, sometime!

Trump the only big hitter left in the competition now. Be a miracle if Milkins beat him in next round. Shaun Murphy and Mark Allen must be thinking " if only Trump was gone "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

This week should really be an opportunity for the likes of lisowski or gilbert to finally get a trophy to their name. Both also need to lock in their crucible seeding so they don't lack for motivation. With selby gone, judd has nailed the 150k bonus bet victor series prize, so may relax now, giving milkins a chance. Never know with judd though!

And jimmy marches on to the last 16 to face selby conqueror Chris Wakelin. Some nervy stuff in the finish there! Just how far can jimmy go? A lot of fun finding out.

• Advertisement

Jimmy made a bit of a hash of the pink and black safety battle to go 2-2 instead of 3-1 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Well it's home James now.
    Still a decent little run for Jimmy to get to the last 16

The modest 4k jimmy earned this week, barely cover his average stake on the nags probably, is actually enough to push him into the places to retain his card on the one year money list. So a good week all told. Might yet not have to make that phone call to barry at the seasons end!

Judd V Jack show back by popular demand . Great if Mark Allen could nail Judd though , cant see it happening

Lisowski going about it the hard way if he wants to set up a final with Trump. Decider against Carrington he'll have played 14 frames already today.

Would be a bit cruel for jack to reach his third final of the season and be denied by judd again. You'd think over this format, with the extra motivation to win his first ever title, that this should be his best ever chance to beat judd. Of course, can just sit back first and hope judd isn't in the final at all!

Judd just selbied selt there. The flippin gibraltar open and he's still fighting like a demon.

Poor selty didnt get much run on his birthday. But cant be reaching sfs and expecting better chances than he got today. Never looked like he fancied that yellow with the rest and barely made the postcode with his attempt. Judd v jack for the encore it shall be.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Lisowski has a fighting chance in a race to 4

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

eric hoone wrote: »
    Lisowski has a fighting chance in a race to 4

Maybe not

• Advertisement

I thought this might be a chance for jack too, he'd want it that much more than judd. But how ruthless is judd? 13-2 for his last 15 ranking finals. Silly of me to expect any sort of let up, even for his best mate in the game!

Not going to happen for Lisowski now after that pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Yeah, I think that miss on the pink has sealed it for Trump.

It's as if he thought he had the frame as good as won and lost concentration. Same as Selt did earlier by butchering an easy positional shot for the yellow after doing all the hard work.

That £150k BetVictor bonus is a nice little tickle.

Feel a bit for jack. When Yan Bingtao got to the final in riga a couple of years back, he only had to beat mark joyce to win his first title. Winning a title could make such a difference for jack but he gets a not far off A game judd tonight. As usual comes across really well in his interview but you wonder does he have that ruthless mean streak in him all the top guys have.

Reanne and On Yee given 2 year tour cards. Mixed response on Twitter but I think it's a good idea.

Nothing against Reanne, don't know much about the other player. Women have always been a big market for snooker. At the end of the day, the results will do the talking.

I suspect there are a few extra places to fill for next season so this makes sense. There are only 29 players on 2 year cards this season, compared to 35 last year, so even with an extra four being allocated to the one year list rankings, that still leaves 2 to play around with - hence maybe the decision to award them via the women's rankings. Anything that can help promote the game among young women is definitely ok by me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Reanne Evans and Mark Allen have a child together, I did not know that.

Evans has actually been quite competitive in her recent WC qualifiers. Took 8 frames off Ken one year, 7 off Dale another.

This announcement has me thinking about why men and women don't compete against eachother in sport. The obvious reason in most sports being the difference in strength, muscle and athleticism. However, this doesn't really apply to snooker, but there's still a very obvious gap in standard. I wonder what could account for this.

Advertisement