Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker season 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,959 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Glenman wrote: »
    It would be a miracle for Hendry to qualify for the crucible, he might have a better chance in the first to 10 matches but the standard is high now and he is not match sharp. He is obviously putting in a lot of hard work.

Does he have a 2 year tour card and will he get two chances to qualify for the world championships?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yep. Realistically I'd say Barry will let him play as long as he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I see Jordon Brown lost in the first round today, same last week. I wonder will we ever see him even making a quarter finals again? I hope we do and that the Welsh open was not just a flash in the pan.

Ken is only up against Mark Selby in the next round. Christ, there are no easy draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Good luck to Fergal , up against Boiko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Bit of shock there, Robertson losing to Lei.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Just watching Hendry on catchup. His first shot on return to competitive play is a foul. Doesn't bode well :<

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

What time is Ken playing Selby tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ken v selby 2pm. Had a real rattle off selby when they met earlier in the season, hopefully give it another good go tomorrow.

Fergal and Aaron both out with the early birds at 9pm.

Rothko wrote: »
    Bit of shock there, Robertson losing to Lei.

He missed some close in shots to the bottom corner pockets that were shocking. Hammered recently in best of 7s . Looked like a disgruntled labradoodle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

AllForIt wrote: »
    Just watching Hendry on catchup. His first shot on return to competitive play is a foul. Doesn't bode well :<

And then he knocked in his 776th century

Easy 4-1 win for Aaron in what i can only describe charitably as a very poor match. Not sure if just an off day for Brandon Sergeant but think that has to go down as one of worst performances by a professional i've witnessed in some time. Hopefully aaron can build on that, he can and needs to play a lot better.

Fergal on the other table battling to take it into a decider against new kid Boiko.

Easy 4-1 win for Aaron in what i can only describe charitably as a very poor match. Not sure if just an off day for Brandon Sergeant but think that has to go down as one of worst performances by a professional i've witnessed in some time. Hopefully aaron can build on that, he can and needs to play a lot better.

Fergal on the other table battling to take it into a decider against new kid Boiko.

Aaron playing Jamie Clarke in the second round

Yet another final frame match loss for Fergal , pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Quite a steal for Ken to 1 up v Selby

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Ken nicks the first frame!

That was a tasty little clearance after selbys miss. Looks to be cueing well enough at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

2-0 up

Selby there for the taking today

Could even be 4-0 now but got to take your chances, thats the game. That red to middle just lack of concentration, otherwise 3-1 for definite. Very frustrating but still a match.

• Advertisement

A bit tentative on certain shots, needed more power on the split there and another frame could have opened up. Still, with 4 weeks to world qualiiers, some definite signs of encouragement there i think.

After so much back to back snooker since October, just thought there, for 120 players there is just the Worlds left now and other than that the season is done when they lose here.

Edit: I suppose there are champions league etc. but in terms of regular ranking events.

robinwing wrote: »
    Aaron playing Jamie Clarke in the second round

It's at 9am and Shaun Murphy, Mark Allen and Anthony McGill are all playing on other tables at the same time. No chance Aaron will be on telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

After so much back to back snooker since October, just thought there, for 120 players there is just the Worlds left now and other than that the season is done when they lose here.

Edit: I suppose there are champions league etc. but in terms of regular ranking events.

The pro series is a ranker and the qualifiers for Sheffield are tiered again this year so there's some motivation to do well in it for a lot of players. Looking forward to a bit of a break now as the full week of qualifiers, then 17 days of Sheffield, then the Seniors was a long haul on the couch last summer!

Still a bit of a dogfight going on for top 16 crucible seeding so this and world series thing potentially quite significant. Lisowski, Perry, Thepchaiya, Zhou all battling for last spot. Bingham looks doomed to the qualifiers this year.

Disaster for aaron there. Had chances to put pink away with opponent needing snooker but left the chance there and clarke pretty much schooled him. Expensive lessons at this level.

Fair play to the young Ukrainian kid boiko. Had won a grand total of 6 frames all season, already eclipsed that over past 2 days. Giving allen a right rattle here.

Aaron claws one back with the help of a massive fluke to 2-3, life in it yet.

Looked like a fluke from allen on final black to win it. Boiko be kicking himself, had golden chance to win it.

• Advertisement

And thats it for aaron. Had a chance there as he had in nearly all the frames. Cue ball control something he has to work really hard on with 4 weeks to world qualifiers. Lot of his issues are flowing from that i think.

Advertisement