Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20/21 €50 H2H Draft League

Options

Comments

eoghan104 wrote: »
    This where I got confused.

I do think there is still some impact on managers dropping out of a draft league with classic scoring when it comes to waivers.

Yea and no.

It the team is dead it’s dead. So I’ve 3rd waiver but I actually get 1st choice as the guys below me drop out but the guys above go from 6th pick to 4th. So much the same maybe.

I nearly got shot for suggesting that mangers that drop out should declare and put their ‘chips’ back in, meaning, turn in their 15 players and pick up 15 non playing players so good players aren’t just sitting in a dormant team for several weeks.

In fairness I did suggest it towards the end of the season, much like now, but it’s only when something appears that I see it.

And I don’t think there’s any harm in anyone making suggestions.

Good or bad (suggestions), we can hopefully find solutions to what may be problems or how to make something better.

It’s good to tinker and try and make something more enjoyable and competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Yea and no.

It the team is dead it’s dead. So I’ve 3rd waiver but I actually get 1st choice as the guys below me drop out but the guys above go from 6th pick to 4th. So much the same maybe.

I nearly got shot for suggesting that mangers that drop out should declare and put their ‘chips’ back in, meaning, turn in their 15 players and pick up 15 non playing players so good players aren’t just sitting in a dormant team for several weeks.

In fairness I did suggest it towards the end of the season, much like now, but it’s only when something appears that I see it.
    I like that idea if someone is 100% out of the running.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I like that idea if someone is 100% out of the running.

The problem is it seriously disadvantages the people at the top.

Guy in 7th place might get Salah, guy in 1st place might get Nat Phillips.

Yeah true there is no real equitable way to spread out the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Is all this because I got Maguire this week? ;)

I'm out of the running but I'm still trying to beat everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Nobody has dropped out. Well maybe AVERAGE has, he's slipped right down the table and never posts. I never liked that guy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I missed the deadline this week by about 15 minutes, that could be what Klopp was referring to. But in fairness I missed deadlines when I was in the running

It has nothing to do with this season.

I just realised what could happen and to be honest I think it would be acceptable for mangers to drop out but it would an anticlimax for the table toppers if that happened.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I missed the deadline this week by about 15 minutes, that could be what Klopp was referring to. But in fairness I missed deadlines when I was in the running

Again no. Nothing to do with this season.

Looks like every manager has taken what I’ve said the wrong way.

The rain in Ireland must be laced with paranoia.

You’d some season considering you missed that initial deadline. You took it well too. You would have started with a much better team even though you were setup for that possibility (of missing the initial deadline). And, from memory, you were easily the most overachieving manager. Maybe lessons to be learned from the way you played.

Dearg was the seasons unluckiest manager.

• Advertisement

I’m not looking forward to playing against Palace defence this week.

Again no. Nothing to do with this season.

Looks like every manager has taken what I’ve said the wrong way.

The rain in Ireland must be laced with paranoia.

You’d some season considering you missed that initial deadline. You took it well too. You would have started with a much better team even though you were setup for that possibility (of missing the initial deadline). And, from memory, you were easily the most overachieving manager. Maybe lessons to be learned from the way you played.

Dearg was the seasons unluckiest manager.

I had a ****e season all round. Probably the first time I've lost interest in the Premier league and fantasy games since it started. I think I just reached saturation point with all the games going on as I stopped watching games live a few months ago bar champions league.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I had a ****e season all round. Probably the first time I've lost interest in the Premier league and fantasy games since it started. I think I just reached saturation point with all the games going on as I stopped watching games live a few months ago bar champions league.

Could have written that myself.

Draft was the only glimmer I had all season.

Could have written that myself.

Draft was the only glimmer I had all season.

I'll be back next season though. It will feel like a nice big 6 month break in August for me since I stopped playing.

That Salah goal...... puke

Saw that. Really tough going there.

I need Green&Red to do me another favour at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Soz

It's grand sure if I don't win I just won't pay the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

CSF wrote: »
    Saw that. Really tough going there.

I need Green&Red to do me another favour at the weekend

I could do with Klopp doing me a favour!

Eoghan104 plays CSF in 37 and me in 38 so anything could happen really. With 3 games in a week to finish there’s sure to be lots of rotation so it’s gonna be tough to navigate.

I could do with Klopp doing me a favour!

Eoghan104 plays CSF in 37 and me in 38 so anything could happen really. With 3 games in a week to finish there’s sure to be lots of rotation so it’s gonna be tough to navigate.

Yeah it really is all to play for, your points total is a big advantage for you, more over eoghan104 than myself because I’ve drawn games, but it does shut down the idea of a draw being a viable result for me also.

• Advertisement

Only a few hours turnaround until the next waiver deadline.

Think this was a pivotal GW and Trimm surely has one hand on the trophy ?

Well that's me out. I feel like I lost the dressing room the last few weeks. My lads just don't want to play for me anymore after a great season.

Chairman has called me in for a chat this afternoon, I expect he just wants to thank me for a great season.....

Think this was a pivotal GW and Trimm surely had one hand on the trophy ?

Hope so - but Dearg looks better set up than me for this week. Very easy to lose 2 in a row in this game so not counting my chickens at all.

Hope so - but Dearg looks better set up than me for this week. Very easy to lose 2 in a row in this game so not counting my chickens at all.

I'll keep you honest anyway. I've put out a strong 11 with 4 United and 2 City defenders who should play.

Eh, this might just go to the last day after all. Those Pereira and Richarlison goals have turned it on its head.

CSF wrote: »
    Eh, this might just go to the last day after all. Those Pereira and Richarlison goals have turned it on its head.

Yep unless Pereira fancies an own goal or a red card we’re going to the last day. A nice squeaky bum Sunday for us!

Yep unless Pereira fancies an own goal or a red card we’re going to the last day. A nice squeaky bum Sunday for us!

I haven’t won yet either, plenty of guys left to do something stupid and get minus points for me.

We both have tough fixtures to end the season anyway.

Delighted it’s gone to the last weekend.

Best of luck to both of you.

Eoghan104, are you feeling your chances of doing me a big favour this weekend?

• Advertisement

Best of luck today CSF.

My fpl season has been very average so it’s been great to have something to play for in this every week.

Fair play to Megaphone and Dearg who’ve been out of contention the longest but kept drafting and setting up their teams.

Advertisement