Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20/21 €50 H2H Draft League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Never thought I would care about Leicester vs West Brom but tonight is the night!

That 1 point loss, from last week, is hurting even more now.

It’s definitely getting interesting.

5 points separating the top 5 teams and 16 points to play for.

And I still won’t sell my first round pick ‘superstar’ player Aubameyang.

Can Dearg81 do us all (me and green&red anyway) a favour this weekend and take a big scalp ?

You’ve been the unluckiest player going from your overall points and H2H points.

Green&red on the other hand showing us how to play H2H.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Can Dearg81 do us all (me and green&red anyway) a favour this weekend and take a big scalp ?

You’ve been the unluckiest player going from your overall points and H2H points.

Green&red on the other hand showing us how to play H2H.

It’s fallen apart for me in the last three weeks

I see you’ve reversed your Bale opinion!

Green&Red wrote: »
    It’s fallen apart for me in the last three weeks

I see you’ve reversed your Bale opinion!

Ha. I’ve reversed nuttin. Obviously a talented player but playing for himself and not the team.

That’s not the kind of player to play under Mourinho. It might be different under Mason as he may give in to playing him.

It’s a gamble for sure.

• Advertisement

@Klopp it looks like our tie will be decided by 2pm

Hopefully Auba makes a recovery

Green&Red wrote: »
    @Klopp it looks like our tie will be decided by 2pm

Hopefully Auba makes a recovery

Aubameyang will play. I’ve no doubt about that.

Hopefully Pep doesn’t risk Dias or Cancelo.

Aubameyang will play. I’ve no doubt about that.

Hopefully Pep doesn’t risk Dias or Cancelo.

Dang. Cancelo starts.

There’s a chance one of Godfrey or Holgate don’t start but there’s every chance they come on.

Reckon those 10 JWP points will stay on the bench now.

Dang. Cancelo starts.

There’s a chance one of Godfrey or Holgate don’t start but there’s every chance they come on.

Reckon those 10 JWP points will stay on the bench now.

That would be a real shame

Rodriguez the piece of sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jaysus, I thought I was completely out of it, but only 1 point between the 2 lads ahead of me now and still to play 1 of them. This will be an exciting 4 GWs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

CSF wrote: »
    Jaysus, I thought I was completely out of it, but only 1 point between the 2 lads ahead of me now and still to play 1 of them. This will be an exciting 4 GWs now.

It’s a real 4 horse race now - loads of match up’s between 4 of us in the last 4 gameweeks so should be a few twists and turns to come.

Four losses on the bounce just when it looked like I had a chance

Sick

Reckon we’ll have to change the format to a classic league next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Reckon we’ll have to change the format to a classic league next season.

How come?

I assume that was a joke that I didn't understand. The draft league would be of big interest to me again next year

How come?

No doubt the H2H format is much more enjoyable but when you get to the business end of the season it could turn more into a lot luck if managers drop out.

I think it’s a catch 22 because I think the H2H is more enjoyable and would keep more people on the hunt until later in the season.

No doubt the H2H format is much more enjoyable but when you get to the business end of the season it could turn more into a lot luck if managers drop out.

I think it’s a catch 22 because I think the H2H is more enjoyable and would keep more people on the hunt until later in the season.
    Why do you say that? Who has dropped out?

H2H Draft is the way forward, it's been really competitive this year.

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Why do you say that? Who has dropped out?

H2H Draft is the way forward, it's been really competitive this year.

Who has dropped out ?

Who has dropped out ?
    Yeah you said it could turn into luck if managers drop out so I thought you felt someone has.

There is 4 games left and it couldn't be tighter so I don't understand your comments.

• Advertisement

Yeah you said it could turn into luck if managers drop out so I thought you felt someone has.

There is 4 games left and it couldn't be tighter so I don't understand your comments.

I don’t know how else to try and explain it.

I’m not saying anyone has dropped out.

I’m saying managers could.

So what if 1-2 or even 3 managers stopped playing now ? Do you not think it would ruin the end of the season ?

No not really. For what reasons do you think it would?

It's the nature of any league that people will lose interest when they are out of contention. All we can go on is this years data where nearly everyone has been in contention right up to now and it has been a lot more competitive than last year. Would be a strange decision to want to change on that basis.

It just comes down to whether people want to play the draft format or not and that option is always there.

Managers dropping out won’t impact a classic league.

Agreed.

So then as I said the question is if you want to play draft or not knowing there is a chance that managers losing interest may have a small effect on the league.

There is hundreds of classic leagues people can join, the reason we are here is because we like the draft format. Suggesting a change to classic with the same group is bizarre.

Agreed.

So then as I said the question is if you want to play draft or not knowing there is a chance that managers losing interest may have a small effect on the league.

There is hundreds of classic leagues people can join, the reason we are here is because we like the draft format. Suggesting a change to classic with the same group is bizarre.

It’s not bizarre.

I’ve been in this league since it started. Think this might be it’s third year.

I was the first to suggest H2H and people were a bit cold on it.

The first year it ran as a classic.

I think you are getting draft and classic mixed up.

It’s a draft league.

The scoring can be classic or H2H.

I think the H2H element has been sufficiently more enjoyable than classic leagues I’m in, that i would be willing to take the risk that someone lets the side down and goes zombie towards the end of the season.

It’s not bizarre.

I’ve been in this league since it started. Think this might be it’s third year.

I was the first to suggest H2H and people were a bit cold on it.

The first year it ran as a classic.

I think you are getting draft and classic mixed up.

It’s a draft league.

The scoring can be classic or H2H.
    Sorry I was confusing your suggestion. I thought you wanted to ditch the draft and have a classic league!! My bad.

This where I got confused.

I do think there is still some impact on managers dropping out of a draft league with classic scoring when it comes to waivers.

CSF wrote: »
    I think the H2H element has been sufficiently more enjoyable than classic leagues I’m in, that i would be willing to take the risk that someone lets the side down and goes zombie towards the end of the season.

I don’t see it as letting the side down.

I think it’s fairly understandable if someone drops out when they’ve nothing to pay for.

I agree it’s definitely more fun in the H2H format but I just got to thinking that it’d be a **** end to the season if the last 4-6 weeks weren’t contested.

It would be a huge anticlimax.

• Advertisement

I don’t see it as letting the side down.

I think it’s fairly understandable if someone drops out when they’ve nothing to pay for.

I agree it’s definitely more fun in the H2H format but I just got to thinking that it’d be a **** end to the season if the last 4-6 weeks weren’t contested.

It would be a huge anticlimax.
    I would still kind of see it that way, but sure look, I don't get to control what other people do.

Advertisement