Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

105 mins and a substantial meal, my arse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think the commentary on this thread says a lot. People have changed so much in the last 4-8 weeks.

The game is up, we need to get back to living and get out of this crazed hysteria.

This can be achieved responsibly - unfortunately the Irish were sold a dud, we were sold that we would shut down for 2 months and return to normal but this was never sustainable.

The fact our government take action because of a tweet, a thread on boards or a day upswing in covid cases illustrates just how nuts things have become.

It is going to be a long long winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭highdef

Killarney last night

Can you elaborate a bit further please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭jackboy

Chances are loads of the people present filmed the scene and put it up on their own social media accounts. The way you are describing it is if some weirdo was running around Ireland filming these scenes.

To film something like that and put it on social media is weird, and scummy.

highdef wrote: »
    Can you elaborate a bit further please?

There was also a video but they threw the head up and took it down.

faceman wrote: »
    I’m going to be straight you lot. Other than the risk of injury from falling and the noise, I fail to see an issue with this video.

Is that what we have become now, a nation of self righteous, curtain twitching, high horse wranglers?

And as for these tossers who film this and post it on social media, are they after anything other than hits and going viral? After all if they were concerned they’d contact the gardai, not that I see any law being broken anyway.

I’m flying the flag for the people in the video either. I’m not going to judge them though. No different than me not judging 2 consensual adults for not wearing a condom during a sexual encounter.

I’d rather they do this outdoors than indoors at house parties. Even Gabriel Scally, one of the key figures of doom, said he’d rather see 500 people on a beach than a packed indoor venue.

The government doesn’t like to talk about that as it would rather to peddle the narrative that any social activity is high risk. A bit like in the 80s when people thought sitting on a public toilet seat could give you aids.

Absolute nonsense. They should all be fined for multiple breaches of the rules put in place to try stop the spread of this virus.

If you cant see the risks of what they are doing you are either not very bright or are In the covid is a hoax camp.

• Advertisement

Diageo are the real winners.
    Legal drug dealers

Drink is great. They’ll all be on the coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They weren't even in a pub, it was outside.

We really are becoming a nation of curtain twitchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭dunnerc

I'd be happy for a wall to be built around Dublin, full stop.

So would i , keep the likes of you out ,full stop. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

And too make matters worse.
    Some of them could have got the ride as well.
    Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭jackboy

Absolute nonsense. They should all be fined for multiple breaches of the rules put in place to try stop the spread of this virus.

If you cant see the risks of what they are doing you are either not very bright or are In the covid is a hoax camp.

What rules did they break? As I said before that street is packed with tourists during the day with no masks and not social distancing. The same in every tourist town in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

jackboy wrote: »

Facebook has always been full of that ****e pre pandemic for 'the bantz'

Your issue is the reason behind it being posted

jackboy wrote: »

There’s videos online that the revellers put up of themselves too.

I’d love if after I saw the videos I then realised that I’d just woken up from a really crazy dream about a pandemic.

Videos gone viral.
    Bit like covid in Killarney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Which of them was this...
    Gardaí are investigating the death of a man in Killarney, Co Kerry overnight.

A man in his 20s was discovered lying unconscious outside the entrance to a hotel on the Muckross Road shortly after 11.30pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I took down the video as this tread did not go as planned, I more so had a problem with the pubs and guards not enforceing the guidance.

You give people enough drink they do stupid things, the video was already on twitter and facebook before any posting here.

Plans never do.

Sorry.

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It's a crowd of people gathered outside, which generally isn't seen as a major risk. We're going to have similar numbers of people in a much smaller space with the achools reopening. They're acting like arseholes in public and if you want to condemn them for that fair enough but I can't see how it's high risk in terms of COVID.

The desperation to pin all the blame on people partying is getting a bit much considering behaviour like this really hasn't been linked to many (if any) outbreaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

The desperation to pin all the blame on people partying is getting a bit much considering behaviour like this really hasn't been linked to many (if any) outbreaks.

You missed Kilkee a few weeks ago then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

RIP :(

I saw that on social media but nothing official?

SeaFields wrote: »
    I saw that on social media but nothing official?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0830/1162144-kerry-death/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

You missed Kilkee a few weeks ago then?

Grand, that's one. How many are linked to meat plants, direct provision centres, and nursing homes? How many will be linked to schools in the coming months?

But sure focus all the blame on the young people.

Grand, that's one. How many are linked to meat plants, direct provision centres, and nursing homes? How many will be linked to schools in the coming months?

Just because one thing is wrong it doesn’t make everything else right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

It's a crowd of people gathered outside, which generally isn't seen as a major risk. We're going to have similar numbers of people in a much smaller space with the achools reopening. They're acting like arseholes in public and if you want to condemn them for that fair enough but I can't see how it's high risk in terms of COVID.

I get what youre saying but I think some are missing the point and the OPs intention...

30+ people out on the street with a fair few fairly merry, some holding pints etc.

Pubs are suppossed to serve a meal with drink plus limit your time to 105mins

Where did all these people come from, by coincidence they all drank at home and met up to sing ****e songs at a gob****e on a phonebox?

It looks like they all spilled out of the same establishment and the impromptu sing song happened..

So the OP had issue with pubs not following guidelines and the lack of gardai being present to disperse yhe gathering

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Let's all party so if nothing's wrong with it.
    How will that work out?

rtron wrote: »
    How come these parties only happen during a pandemic? If there was no pandemic I bet there'd be no craic at all.

Do you remember when the country shut down after Ireland beat Germany in a friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's like some crazed tyrannical conservative regime has taken over.

People drinking, people dancing, people single. Behead the infidels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Killarney last night

What's wrong with people? Do they not care about bringing it home to their parents? Into work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

pjohnson wrote: »
    "Jobs" wont be an issue for them I'd imagine.

I have a suggestion for the upcoming budget. Cut their dole to zero. Let mammy and daddy deal with their scumbag kids.

• Advertisement

New NPHET guidelines.

If your going on the lash folks, leave the feckin phones at home.

Advertisement