Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

105 mins and a substantial meal, my arse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Young people enjoying themselves shocker.

Finger-waggers, man your keyboards!

You know, it’s entirely possible to have craic without behaving like an irresponsible arsehole

Viral videos like these simply give NPHET another reason not to open pubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Easons really does attract an awful crowd

You can't expect young people to do everything by the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

What knee jerk reaction will stephen Donnelly come up with this week.

For all his drum banging when Harris was the minister, he has blown nothing but hot air

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

pjohnson wrote: »
    "Covert videoing" you'd swear he was James Bond. Way to miss the point.

I get the point. I just dont care.

Since March countless times this act has been replayed.

Curtain twitcher Creep posts video or picture of people not socially distanced.
    Cue weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, "we will be digging mass graves before the week is out etc" etc.
    No cases ever linked to said scene.

Lather rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

dobman88 wrote: »
    I can spot a fair amount of people I know in that video. Definitely more locals than visitors present.

Fair enough. No fool like a local fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I took down the video as this tread did not go as planned, I more so had a problem with the pubs and guards not enforceing the guidance.

You give people enough drink they do stupid things, the video was already on twitter and facebook before any posting here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I’m not sure I see what’s wrong here, fair play it’s good to see people having fun

I took down the video as this tread did not go as planned, I more so had a problem with the pubs and guards not enforceing the guidance.

You give people enough drink they do stupid things, the video was already on twitter and facebook before any posting here.

Given the age profile of the people in the video it’s far more likely to be cocaine than alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Jackman25 wrote: »
    I'd be more wary of the complete knob that took the video and shared, than I would any of the participants.

That you on the bin Jack?
    this stuff is pathetic at this stage.

we really need to get over this hysteria, i think we slowly are.

the lads might be dicks but stop videoing randome ppl and trying to shame them

And you were on the phone box?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I’m going to be straight you lot. Other than the risk of injury from falling and the noise, I fail to see an issue with this video.

Is that what we have become now, a nation of self righteous, curtain twitching, high horse wranglers?

And as for these tossers who film this and post it on social media, are they after anything other than hits and going viral? After all if they were concerned they’d contact the gardai, not that I see any law being broken anyway.

I’m flying the flag for the people in the video either. I’m not going to judge them though. No different than me not judging 2 consensual adults for not wearing a condom during a sexual encounter.

I’d rather they do this outdoors than indoors at house parties. Even Gabriel Scally, one of the key figures of doom, said he’d rather see 500 people on a beach than a packed indoor venue.

The government doesn’t like to talk about that as it would rather to peddle the narrative that any social activity is high risk. A bit like in the 80s when people thought sitting on a public toilet seat could give you aids.

• Advertisement

Covert videoing? Top tip, if you don't want to be filmed, don't stand on the top of a phonebox, strip to your underwear and encourage equally thick people to sing embarrassing outdated songs to you. Pandemic or not, I think the people involved in raucous behaviour in a main Street of a town should have little or no expectation of privacy

Videoing people with the purpose of setting a shaming mob on them is nasty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Videoing people with the purpose of setting a shaming mob on them is nasty stuff.

We love a good shaming unfortunately.

You’d imagine it’s a by product of our catholic past ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If you don't want that, don't do it. It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

New hatecrimes!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Covert videoing? Top tip, if you don't want to be filmed, don't stand on the top of a phonebox, strip to your underwear and encourage equally thick people to sing embarrassing outdated songs to you. Pandemic or not, I think the people involved in raucous behaviour in a main Street of a town should have little or no expectation of privacy

The Iranian morality police have called and said they have an open position if you’re interested. FFS

The pubs? How do you know that they were in pubs? Probably pissed on cheap supermarket drink.

Gardai? And create a min riot, arrest a few gumdaws and they all get free legal aid and a slap on the wrist?

Nope. You let it be and see how a repeat cannot happen.

Cyrus wrote: »
    We love a good shaming unfortunately.

You’d imagine it’s a by product of our catholic past ?

Always have, always will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Human filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Maybe as well as the hysteria about the thing is ott maybe it’s time to get rid of the new cancer of smartphones.and I’m saying this while typing on my smartphone.people need to enjoy themselves but sure we’ll wait for the cluster to appear from this in the next crucial 2weeks as the scaremongers will tell us

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Always have, always will.

It’s a terrible reflection on us as a society .

If the past is any guide those throwing stones tend to have plenty of their own sins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Darc19 wrote: »
    What knee jerk reaction will stephen Donnelly come up with this week.

For all his drum banging when Harris was the minister, he has blown nothing but hot air

Lockdown laois again.

Are we sure that was last night? Seems to be lights hung across the street. Shop local sign as well. Recorded at Christmas?

There’s a few snapchats up from different people in those groups. Says they were taken 10 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭jackboy

The issue is more with the person who took the video and put it online.

With regard to the guidance, there does not seem to be any of the guidance being broken on the video.

Personally I think all these people should be in clubs instead of being on the street.

Poker clubs probably be the best place.

Wouldn't the op agree? ðŸ˜

Human filth.

Christ almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

jackboy wrote: »
    The issue is more with the person who took the video and put it online.

With regard to the guidance, there does not seem to be any of the guidance being broken on the video.

Chances are loads of the people present filmed the scene and put it up on their own social media accounts. The way you are describing it is if some weirdo was running around Ireland filming these scenes.

Young people enjoying themselves shocker.

Finger-waggers, man your keyboards!

Did you watch it? It's just a load of drunks shouting and roaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I was waiting for him to trip over his own trousers and split his head on the ground.
    Beautiful bottom on the girl in the black pants

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Bullocks wrote: »
    I was waiting for him to trip over his own trousers and split his head on the ground.
    Beautiful bottom on the girl in the black pants

Actually all the girls had lovely bottoms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Diageo are the real winners.
    Legal drug dealers

Advertisement