Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How is China getting on?

17810121323

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭thebaz


    It ravaged their entire country. The fact that entire supply lines from Chinese production stopped is the proof of this.

    Well according to ther official figures , they had less than 100,000 cases and around the same number of deaths as Ireland - and officially we were told it only ravaged one City and one provence - I have always questioned this, why did it not spread like in the rest of the world. China needs to answer these questions, particularly where virus originated, no real pressure is being put on the CCP, we seam to accept the cover-ups with little pressure for answers.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich


    thebaz wrote: »
    Well according to ther official figures , they had less than 100,000 cases and around the same number of deaths as Ireland - and officially we were told it only ravaged one City and one provence - I have always questioned this, why did it not spread like in the rest of the world. China needs to answer these questions, particularly where virus originated, no real pressure is being put on the CCP, we seam to accept the cover-ups with little pressure for answers.

    They locked down Wuhan to protect the rest of China but left the airport open. Wonder why.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom


    Captcha wrote: »
    Made in China baby lotion allegedly contains hormones that produce “Michelin babies”

    China for at least 2 decades heavily experiment with pumping society with steroids. I remember reading about it like 5-6 years ago but cant find link now. Young Chinese are average far taller than their parents and it is not all about better diet.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies


    They locked down Wuhan to protect the rest of China but left the airport open. Wonder why.

    It must have spread in China by the time they locked down Wuhan?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich


    It must have spread in China by the time they locked down Wuhan?

    Not according to their trustworthy data.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2


    It did spread but they quickly had a lockdown were people couldn't even leave their apartments. They then saw some reintroduction again and they closed the border and had had mandatory quarantines. There were cases popping up again a month ago and they locked down that city. Any places would have mass testing, whole cities were tested in days.


  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire


    zom wrote: »
    China for at least 2 decades heavily experiment with pumping society with steroids. I remember reading about it like 5-6 years ago but cant find link now. Young Chinese are average far taller than their parents and it is not all about better diet.

    China is a bottomless pit of corruption and coverups. You'd think there would be only one adulterated baby milk scandal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal


  • Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭jackryan34


    Oranage2 wrote: »
    It did spread but they quickly had a lockdown were people couldn't even leave their apartments. They then saw some reintroduction again and they closed the border and had had mandatory quarantines. There were cases popping up again a month ago and they locked down that city. Any places would have mass testing, whole cities were tested in days.

    It's weird the way China doesn't be seem bothered about vaccinations as well

    They've less vaccinated than we have and are selling vaccines to anyone that want's them

    Nothing add ups with them


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    They're flying.

    Laughing down their sleeves at us they are


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich


    jackryan34 wrote: »
    It's weird the way China doesn't be seem bothered about vaccinations as well

    They've less vaccinated than we have and are selling vaccines to anyone that want's them

    Nothing add ups with them

    It adds up when you realise that human life means nothing to the CCP.

    All the important people are vaccinated.


  • Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭jackryan34


    It adds up when you realise that human life means nothing to the CCP.

    All the important people are vaccinated.

    True

    President XI was probably vaccinated in Dec 2019 or earlier


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Joe4321


    They locked down everything and did mass testing, we can't even do mass testing correctly never mind the yiyo lick downs we had, They introduced mandatory quarantine when entering the country, something that we are only getting around to doing a year into this pandemic, Europe and America put there economy first and are paying a high price for it, yes they were responsible for this and could have done more to prevent the spread at the beginning and should be held accountable for this but the priority now and has been to avoid loss of life and strangle this virus as much as possible and deal with China when that has been achieved. But instead of working together in Europe all we seem to be doing is bickering about who gets the vaccines first, as for American every state over there seems to be working on this differently. People have there own views on China but they have the freedom to do and travel within there country and we can't even travel further than 5km, who knows what is true about the information coming out of China but that should not be the priority at the moment, we have a pandemic which has caused a lot of lifts and has caused a pain for people, we need to deal with this and then look at the other issue about the origin of this and what to do after we have surpressed this and got our lives back to what resenbles normality, what looks like what happened is china work as a country that is together and Europe worked as individuals and as for America,


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Red Silurian


    In China if they lockdown a city or province they have armed checkpoints stopping you from passing at every road in and out, if you try to chance your arm with some bull**** excuse then you get arrested and thrown into prison...

    In Ireland last september the pubs outside of Dublin opened with Lv3 restrictions on people going in/out of the capital - with the result that every other county got an influx of Dubs

    2 systems... One tough, one lax... One worked and one didn't


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom


    2 systems... One tough, one lax... One worked and one didn't

    It is not all black (red ;) and white. There can be balanced approaches in the middle. But still if I have a choice I would rather spend year in the lock down than all my life in communist regime.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2


    zom wrote: »
    It is not all black (red ;) and white. There can be balanced approaches in the middle. But still if I have a choice I would rather spend year in the lock down than all my life in communist regime.

    A tiger born in captivity would rather spend its life in a cage than live in the jungle if that's all it knows.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom


    Oranage2 wrote: »
    A tiger born in captivity would rather spend its life in a cage than live in the jungle if that's all it knows.
    Source?


  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko


    A tiger told us.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips


    Democratic countries need somewhere to export their pollution to so they can hit climate change targets.


    That's not how climate change targets work, but okay


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun


    Qiaonasen wrote: »
    The Chinese dream is basically move to America and become rich and tell all your family in China you are rich and successful in the west to save face. They don't even trust their own baby formula supply. I could go on and on and on. China is not a model for anyone.

    China offers many models - good, bad and ugly. The PRC is essentially a fascist regime that treats every citizen like a potential criminal. Who would want that in normal times? However, in an emergency like a pandemic the ability to shut down communities, test millions and trace contacts efficiently makes a big difference.

    Overall, the PRC may not be the model anyone wants but it may be the model everyone gets if the high tech sector over there continues to make spectacular strides. AI and mass surveillance may make for a world run by the CCP for centuries. What a jolly prospect.


  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire


    Ardillaun wrote: »
    China offers many models - good, bad and ugly. The PRC is essentially a fascist regime that treats every citizen like a potential criminal. Who would want that in normal times? However, in an emergency like a pandemic the ability to shut down communities, test millions and trace contacts efficiently makes a big difference.

    Overall, the PRC may not be the model anyone wants but it may be the model everyone gets if the high tech sector over there continues to make spectacular strides. AI and mass surveillance may make for a world run by the CCP for centuries. What a jolly prospect.


    The story of the teenager who died because his father was forced into quarantine is emblematic of China's brutal lockdown straegies:

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51362772


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Joe4321


    I wonder how many people who cut/paste articles about how bad China is has ever visited the country, just a taught. As for AI intelegence and people been spied on just look a little closer to home, what has this pandemic taught us about our so called leaders? We are still a country in heavy lock down, the people in charge don't in force the measures they have introduced, they cause road blocks every day stopping the people in essential services from traveling freely to and from to work while not enforcing what they should be doing, all this just so they can say they stopped X amount of people, still no sign of mandatory quarantine even though law has been past over a week now, and we criticise countries who have managed this pandemic correctly.


  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire


    Joe4321 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people who cut/paste articles about how bad China is has ever visited the country, just a taught. As for AI intelegence and people been spied on just look a little closer to home, what has this pandemic taught us about our so called leaders? We are still a country in heavy lock down, the people in charge don't in force the measures they have introduced, they cause road blocks every day stopping the people in essential services from traveling freely to and from to work while not enforcing what they should be doing, all this just so they can say they stopped X amount of people, still no sign of mandatory quarantine even though law has been past over a week now, and we criticise countries who have managed this pandemic correctly.

    Are you hoping to get a job in the Chinese government's propaganda department?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536


    I think there's a reality that in tough times there is nothing that a government can do to please everyone. We live in a society that likes to point the finger, to blame someone else. Truth is this virus was going to happen sooner or later. On the whole I think the government did better than many individuals would have.

    It's easy to spout irresponsible thoughts without the responsibility of the consequences.

    Something else I've learnt is that there are times, like this , where freedom and liberty are a bad thing. We have shown so many times that we are incapable of putting society above individual and long term over short. When these things are needed, required, how can a government get the required response from the population?

    Sadly I come to the conclusion that a properly sanctioned 'Emergency' government should have the power to beat people with sticks when they break curfew.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Joe4321


    @ch750536, A little harse with your comments, why would you like to see people get beat with sticks? What people want is a government to make some strong decisions for the good of it citizens not for the good of the large industries pockets, we are part of this so called European union were no two countries are working together, all working with different agendas, now that the astrazenica vaccine has been approved for use again after a few days of been suspended, what dose our government do, they are having a meeting today to discuss the findings of the EU approval instead of getting on with the job at hand and get the vaccines to the people who need them. It was widely reported that this was only going to be a short suspension, they knew it would be approved on a certain date and yet still drag there feet to get the vaccination restarted. What a joke.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536


    Joe4321 wrote: »
    ...they knew it would be approved on a certain date and yet still drag there feet to get the vaccination restarted. What a joke.

    Equally, to my point, had they not suspended vaccinating people would be saying 'What a joke'. Again if they resumed immediately people would say 'What a joke'. We like things to be easily blameable on others while comfortably not having to make responsible decisions.

    There are situations where freedom and liberty are not the best option.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Joe4321


    Why would people be saying what a joke if the EU reviewed this and gave approval, point been, why do we need another meeting to review what the EU have said knowing quite well that we will not challenge the EU decision, just another delay tactic and blame game for there inept dealing of the vaccine roll out, The decision on this vaccine was due on Thursday, this vaccine should have been ready for roll out on Friday morning not sitting in a fridge. Everyday they delay this is another day of lock down for the Irish people, I think we deserve better at this stage. Only my taught on this.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭thebaz


    Joe4321 wrote: »
    Why would people be saying what a joke if the EU reviewed this and gave approval, point been, why do we need another meeting to review what the EU have said knowing quite well that we will not challenge the EU decision, just another delay tactic and blame game for there inept dealing of the vaccine roll out, The decision on this vaccine was due on Thursday, this vaccine should have been ready for roll out on Friday morning not sitting in a fridge. Everyday they delay this is another day of lock down for the Irish people, I think we deserve better at this stage. Only my taught on this.

    Fully agree - we are living in extraodinary times - requiring urgent actions - the sluggishness in the response to recommencing the AZ vaccinations by our system is pathetic, now is not the time for box-ticking.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536


    Joe4321 wrote: »
    Why would people be saying what a joke if the EU reviewed this and gave approval

    Because that's how fickle people are when they don't have the burden of responsibility.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Joe4321


    Most countries have resumed vaccinating there citizens this morning with the astrazenica vaccine and we are arranging a meeting to discuss the decision the EU experts have made already even though we quote and follow these experts all the time. What a joke, stop making excuses for your handling of this pandemic and get the vaccines that are stored in a fridge into people's arms.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire


    ch750536 wrote: »
    Sadly I come to the conclusion that a properly sanctioned 'Emergency' government should have the power to beat people with sticks when they break curfew.

    What a sad conclusion to come to


Advertisement