Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

So anyone ignoring guidelines should resign...that is your position?

How about politicians with direct responsibility for setting guidelines?

Anyway, I would have liked Michelle O'Neill to resign for the sheer novelty of seeing a Sinn Fein politician actually take full responsibility for something rather than express less- than convincing regret after they have been forced to do so

“I accept that we have not been able to deliver clear messaging in the format that was the practice before this controversy.”.

"It wasn’t my intention this would happen, but it did, I accept this and I regret this is the case".

• Registered Users Posts: 66,973 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

rdwight wrote: »
    Still promoting the Great Missing Selfie Mystery, Francie?

Maybe it's a cultural thing: maybe golfers aren't in the habit of taking selfies at socially-distanced dinners while nordies have a quaint tradition of gurning for selfies at funerals.

Do you seriously think the golfers confiscated camerasthinking they would keep malfeasance a secret? In a hotel? In Ireland? There was even a video of the seating plan posted on boards.ie

I think it isn't outside the bounds of possibility that there was a request not to take photos/videos. Hard to explain why a snapshot even has not appeared. 81 people all dressed up and not a picture?

Are you telling me you have never been to a funeral were after the funeral there isn't some jovial meeting and greeting of people? You haven't been to an Irish funeral if that's the case.

How about politicians with direct responsibility for setting guidelines?

[/I]

No actually. I never looked for the resignation of multiple people I have criticised on these forums for breaking guidelines and the spirit of the guidelines, including SF ones.

Consistency...you should try it sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

I think it isn't outside the bounds of possibility that there was a request not to take photos/videos. Hard to explain why a snapshot even has not appeared. 81 people all dressed up and not a picture?

Are you telling me you have never been to a funeral were after the funeral there isn't some jovial meeting and greeting of people? You haven't been to an Irish funeral if that's the case.

Not where selfies were involved. And certainly not during the Covid lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    I obviously missed it being debunked many times.

I'm all ears now though.

Here it is debunked again for the umpteenth time, no doubt you will still produce the same pic the next time.
    blackwhite wrote: »
    Did they organise a detour midway through the funeral to hold a political rally?
    Because otherwise it’s not that comparable at all - despite you repeatedly spamming to try and claim otherwise

Typical of the SF acolytes - strawman to their hearts content to try and defend the indefensible

• Advertisement

I know you're son of a doctor (according to posts on this very site before you pretend to be outraged :D), so maybe ask Dr Blackwhite of the family if covid gives a shiny turd what the purpose of an event is that people are congregating at, and whether or not it will potentially infect folk, and be further spread by people at certain event's and not at others (depending on whether it's a political rally or a Garda funeral) should social distancing be flouted.

The irony of the above *wooshing* repeatedly over your head BW. :D

So you think political rallies with hundreds, maybe thousands attending as we saw with the fake Bobby Storey one should have the same status as small funerals. Is your name really Donald?

Not where selfies were involved.
    How would you know?
    And certainly not during the Covid lockdown
    Which MON acknowledged and apologised for.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Here it is debunked again for the umpteenth time, no doubt you will still produce the same pic the next time.

So Covid knew to stay away from one gathering and not the other? Is that what is called 'debunking' now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I've already replied, but maybe you'll explain to me (and anyone else reading these threads) how covid (a virus) could distinguish the difference between a "political rally", and a "non political rally" and how it has evolved to have the complexity not to infect and further spread between one group of mourners and not the others.

I'll put the moka pot on the hob here in anticipation, and have a morning coffee while reading this explanation with great interest

I've already replied, but maybe you'll explain to me (and anyone else reading these threads) how covid (a virus) could distinguish the difference between a "political rally", and a "non political rally" and how it has evolved to have the complexity not to infect and further spread between one group of mourners and not the others.

I'll put the moka pot on the hob here in anticipation, and have a morning coffee while reading this explanation with great interest

It is not about Covid distinguishing, it is about what is deemed essential, otherwise every hospital would be closed because that is where the highest risk is.

The Storey funeral wasn’t a funeral, he wasn’t even in the coffin at the graveyard because he was being cremated elsewhere, it was a political rally. I don’t know why you are still defending it when even Mary-Lou has conceded she was wrong to attend. She hasn’t done the decent thing like Dara Calleary and resigned, but nobody ever expects a Sinn Fein politician to do the decent thing.

• Advertisement

It is not about Covid distinguishing, it is about what is deemed essential, otherwise every hospital would be closed because that is where the highest risk is.

The Storey funeral wasn’t a funeral, he wasn’t even in the coffin at the graveyard because he was being cremated elsewhere, it was a political rally. I don’t know why you are still defending it when even Mary-Lou has conceded she was wrong to attend. She hasn’t done the decent thing like Dara Calleary and resigned, but nobody ever expects a Sinn Fein politician to do the decent thing.

Do you think anyone in a position of responsibility breaking guidelines should resign?

If so, where are your calls for resignation for all those who have broken guidelines. Did you call for Calleary, Buttimer and Hogan to resign before they did or did you defend them?

Back up your answers with links, save me going back to check your postings before they resigned.

*Posting that it was the 'right thing' AFTER they resigned is not acceptable...let's see your morally upstanding call for resignations before they did.

I'm pretty sure a funeral is deemed essential, no matter who the person was that it's being held for, the fact you have a fairly unhealthy obsession over the political party the deceased was a member of is irrelevant.

Btw, I'm not defending it, I said from the very first news article covering it that they (SF) should not have been so careless with the social distancing guidelines being flouted at time's, but I wasn't calling for members of AGS or FG ministers to resign or be sacked for flouting the same guidelines at Garda Horkans funeral either - calling me a hypocrite, despite me being the opposite doesn't help your case I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,513 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I know you're son of a doctor (according to posts on this very site before you pretend to be outraged :D), so maybe ask Dr Blackwhite of the family if covid gives a shiny turd what the purpose of an event is that people are congregating at, and whether or not it will potentially infect folk, and be further spread by people at certain event's and not at others (depending on whether it's a political rally or a Garda funeral) should social distancing be flouted.

The irony of the above *wooshing* repeatedly over your head BW. :D

It’s been explained before (but seemingly facts that don’t suit the SF agenda get repeatedly ignored :rolleyes:) that the chances of transmission increase the longer people are congregated together.
    Adding in a needless political rally significantly increased the time that crowds were congregated, and increased the risks for no reason other than glorify the party/cult.

Of course - you know this and will continue to ignore it because it might make the cult look bad.

(Good to know that there’s a file of my posts somewhere in the basement of Parnell Square for you all to draw upon when you start to feel rattled - the PMs must be pinging around the usual crew tonight :pac:)

It’s been explained before (but seemingly facts that don’t suit the SF agenda get repeatedly ignored :rolleyes:) that the chances of transmission increase the longer people are congregated together.
    Adding in a needless political rally significantly increased the time that crowds were congregated, and increased the risks for no reason other than glorify the party/cult.

Of course - you know this and will continue to ignore it because it might make the cult look bad.

So Garda Horkans funeral was done and dusted before covid had a chance to spread/infect :confused:

2020-06-22_new_59801659_I2.JPG

Has it perhaps dawned on you yet, that you might be talking a complete and utter load of scutter?
    (Good to know that there’s a file of my posts somewhere in the basement of Parnell Square for you all to draw upon when you start to feel rattled - the PMs must be pinging around the usual crew tonight :pac:)

Maybe take off the tinfoil hat, (I was posting in the very same thread you alluded to the fact you now think is "on file")

WTF?

Gatherings of people not observing the guidelines are and were wrong.

Why are you justifying one and not the other? Both were wrong.

So Garda Horkans funeral was done and dusted before covid had a chance to spread/infect :confused:

2020-06-22_new_59801659_I2.JPG

Has it perhaps dawned on you yet, that you might be talking a complete and utter load of scutter?

Maybe take off the tinfoil hat, (I was posting in the very same thread you alluded to the fact you now think is "on file")

I received a PM before from one of your fellow travellers trying to target another poster - the tactics of SF supporters in here are well documented at this stage.

Both the Storey and Horkan funerals drew gives crowds, which brought risks with them.

Only the Storey “funeral” had a diversion midway through which significantly increased the time and the risk involved.

Does the concept of different degrees of risk really go over your head - or is this more of the wilful ignorance that descends when the facts mights suit the party agenda?

SF organised a political rally which increased the risk of transmission above and beyond what it would otherwise have been. Neither funeral was a good idea (the Hume funeral in Derry showed what should have been done) - but the charade that SF engaged in at Milltown cemetery increased the risk further above what the funeral on its own would have caused.

It really shows us how much credibility we can attach to the shinner acolytes on here that they continually lie and pretend that there was no difference between the two funerals.

WTF?

Gatherings of people not observing the guidelines are and were wrong.

Why are you justifying one and not the other? Both were wrong.

Why has no-one yet advocated for the return of mass gatherings at concerts or sport events with signs explaining to the virus that the mass congregation of people are for sporting or musical events (and not "political rallies") - sure there'd be no need to restrict them at all.

Sometimes it's best to admit to ass hat posting tbh.

I received a PM before from one of your fellow travellers trying to target another poster - the tactics of SF supporters in here are well documented at this stage.

What is this sh1t:confused:

Take bullsh1t like the above to moderators or admin, I've absolutely the square root of nothing of interest to your BS conspiracy theories, sorry but I'm all out of sugarcoating.

You posted scutter - I called it out, when you've some evidence (from esteemed folk) that details how covid can differentiate between a Garda funeral, and that of a member of a political party you dislike we'll discuss it, otherwise pm me something of interest.

Thank you and goodnight.

Both the Storey and Horkan funerals drew gives crowds, which brought risks with them.

Only the Storey “funeral” had a diversion midway through which significantly increased the time and the risk involved.

Does the concept of different degrees of risk really go over your head - or is this more of the wilful ignorance that descends when the facts mights suit the party agenda?

SF organised a political rally which increased the risk of transmission above and beyond what it would otherwise have been. Neither funeral was a good idea (the Hume funeral in Derry showed what should have been done) - but the charade that SF engaged in at Milltown cemetery increased the risk further above what the funeral on its own would have caused.

It really shows us how much credibility we can attach to the shinner acolytes on here that they continually lie and pretend that there was no difference between the two funerals.

SF brought people together as did the state funeral...both were wrong.

Your issue seems to be more with how ex IRA people are buried (they have been doing it this way for as long as I remember) in which case my advice would be, don't go to an exIRA person's funeral.

If you go to a funeral and ignore guidelines you risk getting and spreading Covid. Some more advice, don't do it.

What is this sh1t:confused:

Take bullsh1t like the above to moderators or admin, I've absolutely the square root of nothing of interest to your BS conspiracy theories, sorry but I'm all out of sugarcoating.

You posted scutter - I called it out, when you've some evidence (from esteemed folk) that details how covid can differentiate between a Garda funeral, and that of a member of a political party you dislike we'll discuss it, otherwise pm me something of interest.

Thank you and goodnight.

As suspected - the concept of different degrees of risk - and increasing the risk by holding a needless rally gets ignored because it doesn’t suit your cult :eek:

Throw the toys out of the pram all you want - transparent as always in trying to ignore those inconvenient facts.

Goodnight - and grow up

• Advertisement

SF brought people together as did the state funeral...both were wrong.

Your issue seems to be more with how ex IRA people are buried (they have been doing it this way for as long as I remember) in which case my advice would be, don't go to an exIRA person's funeral.

If you go to a funeral and ignore guidelines you risk getting and spreading Covid. Some more advice, don't do it.

How many IRA funerals have taken a diversion to someone else’s grave for a rally - when the actual committal involved the body was being cremated a few miles away across the city?

Spin Fein alive on well on here tonight

As suspected - the concept of different degrees of risk - and increasing the risk by holding a needless rally gets ignored because it doesn’t suit your cult :eek:

Throw the toys out of the pram all you want - transparent as always in trying to ignore those inconvenient facts.

Goodnight - and grow up

Outline these different degrees of risk and we'll talk chief. Without them - this is basically you saying "I'm right - you're wrong" but that carries as much weight as a fly's fart.

Outline these different degrees of risk and we'll talk chief.

It’s been done already - but no doubt you’ll ignore it again because it doesn’t suit the cult

The longer people are in close contact, the greater the risk.

Funeral = shorter time taken than funeral plus political rally.

Regardless of how long the funeral took - adding in a political rally added needlessly to the time, and increased the risk for now other reason than a bit of SF self-gratification

It’s been spelt out repeatedly - but you seem more interested in personal digs than dealing with facts.

How many IRA funerals have taken a diversion to someone else’s grave for a rally - when the actual committal involved the body was being cremated a few miles away across the city?

Spin Fein alive on well on here tonight

You tell us. How many have?
    A graveside oration is given at all ex IRA funerals as far as I know.

It was wrong to hold the event as it was held as was the state funeral.

You tell us. How many have?
    A graveside oration is given at all ex IRA funerals as far as I know.

It was wrong to hold the event as it was held as was the state funeral.

You made the claim that it was normal part of an IRA funeral - so maybe volunteer some evidence to support your claim that it’s traditional for an IRA funeral to divert to someone else’s grave, a few miles from the actual commital for some speeches?

Or were you like Johnny is fond of spewing - posting scutter?

It’s been done already - but no doubt you’ll ignore it again because it doesn’t suit the cult

The longer people are in close contact, the greater the risk.

Funeral = shorter time taken than funeral plus political rally.

Regardless of how long the funeral took - adding in a political rally added needlessly to the time, and increased the risk for now other reason than a bit of SF self-gratification

It’s been spelt out repeatedly - but you seem more interested in personal digs than dealing with facts.

So let's get this straight, have you a detailed analysis on exactly how long this contact timeframe is?

I'm almost certain I seen govt advice about +15 mins being the barometer we should all adhere to

Now, with that in mind, was Garda Horkans funeral over and done with in the recommended 15min timeframe that our health officials have put on record increases infection/spread of covid, or did that happen in let's say (for arguments same) happen in 15 mins and 02 seconds?

You don't have a leg to stand on here really, and what's especially funny to me is - I suspect you know that.

Dizzy yet?

You made the claim that it was normal part of an IRA funeral - so maybe volunteer some evidence to support your claim that it’s traditional for an IRA funeral to divert to someone else’s grave, a few miles from the actual commital for some speeches?

Or were you like Johnny is fond of spewing - posting scutter?

Who said it was somebody else's grave?

A graveside oration is traditional at many funerals...including ex IRA members funerals. I presume his ashes were to be interred there.

Hilarious back and forth lads, keep the comedy rolling.

I note that Leo had trouble fielding an awkward question about Covid clusters in meat factories, when a coherent explanation isn't forthcoming...have a look over there at all those Shinners congregated at that funeral. Not the first time he's leaned on the "blame others to deflect from my own failings" tactic, he must have SF tattooed on his brain from all the petty point scoring. Party politics Leo, insincere outrage is nothing but a picnic basket stranded in the park.

Hilarious back and forth lads, keep the comedy rolling.

I note that Leo had trouble fielding an awkward question about Covid clusters in meat factories, when a coherent explanation isn't forthcoming...have a look over there at all those Shinners congregated at that funeral. Not the first time he's leaned on the "blame others to deflect from my own failings" tactic, he must have SF tattooed on his brain from all the petty point scoring. Party politics Leo, insincere outrage is nothing but a picnic basket stranded in the park.

He inherited Enda's playbook in that regard.

• Advertisement

So let's get this straight, have you a detailed analysis on exactly how long this contact timeframe is?

I'm almost certain I seen govt advice about +15 mins being the barometer we should all adhere to

Now, with that in mind, was Garda Horkans funeral over and done with in the recommended 15min timeframe that our health officials have put on record increases infection/spread of covid, or did that happen in let's say (for arguments same) happen in 15 mins and 02 seconds?

You don't have a leg to stand on here really, and what's especially funny to me is - I suspect you know that.

Dizzy yet?

And again - the wilful dishonesty drips off the post. Only an idiot or a liar would try to pretend that needlessly adding a 45 minute exposure doesn’t add any additional risks. It really shows the Trumpian levels of dishonesty that the SF fanboys will stoop to when defending the party’s transgressions.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/us/coronavirus-time-risk/index.html

An equation so simple that even the average SF voter might be able to understand
    Erin Bromage, a comparative immunologist and professor of biology at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, summed it up with a short and sweet equation: "Successful Infection = Exposure to Virus x Time."

Did the political rally needlessly add to the exposure time around the Storey funeral? It’s a simple question - but I guess it’s beyond any SF acolytes to acknowledge it honestly if it might hurt the party line.

Did the funeral for Garda Horkan include any unnecessary diversions to have a rally and extend the time?

Holding the rally needlessly increased the risks - over and beyond what simply holding the funeral would have done.

(And that’s before we get into the busloads of “activists” that SF dragged up to Belfast from across the island - maybe that’s what’s touched a nerve with the cheerleaders on here?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement