Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Why ?? Their mouth pieces on here have - actually totally blanked it and haven’t responded to any posts about it .

The silence is really deafening on this one, is it a sign that their voters on this site acknowledge the stupidity of it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

christy c wrote: »
    I think Varadkar was asked about the testing in meat plants and somehow brought up the funeral in the North.

So SF derangement syndrome again then. A huge driver in cementing the youth vote towards SF since the election I might add, but FG and the media don't seem to realise that.

I'd actually liken this effect to the mini-surge Peter Casey enjoyed in the presidential election after the establishment parties and the media joined forces to essentially tell people not to vote for him. When there's a concerted effort by the media and leading politicians to tell the public that a particular democratic choice is the "wrong" choice, people will very, very often react in the spirit of Rage Against The Machine's "f*ck you, I won't do what you tell me". The constant, repetitive attacking of SF at every opportunity and from every angle, with a clearly complicit media (Irish Times and Independent in particular) front and centre, is achieving the opposite of its intended aims by invoking the natural human emotion of people not enjoying being condescendingly told what to do.

Very similar to one of the main factors in the Trump and Brexit votes as well in my view. You don't win votes by telling your opposition that they're simply wrong and should trust you because reasons, and attacking them using pejoratives for not blindly accepting that. Not when they've already turned against you. This kind of rhetoric is simply not how one wins an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,154 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think Varadkar was asked about the testing in meat plants and somehow brought up the funeral in the North.

Echoing Enda in his term as leader of FG and Taoiseach and how the last election campaign was run. Worked out well for FG. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

Regardless of which posters did or did not called for resignations, Michelle O'Neill's failure to resign directly impacted on her performance of her job and specifically on her leadership role in the battle against Covid. She herself acknowledged that the row over her attendance at Storey's funeral undermined the public health messaging in the occupied north. And SF let the public message be weakened over over two months when all that was required was the lamest of apologies.

rdwight wrote: »
    Regardless of which posters did or did not called for resignations, Michelle O'Neill's failure to resign directly impacted on her performance of her job and specifically on her leadership role in the battle against Covid. She herself acknowledged that the row over her attendance at Storey's funeral undermined the public health messaging in the occupied north. And SF let the public message be weakened over over two months when all that was required was the lamest of apologies.

The Covid knows when somebody resigns is it?

7(not sure of the final figure) resigned here...we must have it nearly beat so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,267 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So SF derangement syndrome again then. A huge driver in cementing the youth vote towards SF since the election I might add, but FG and the media don't seem to realise that.

I'd actually liken this effect to the mini-surge Peter Casey enjoyed in the presidential election after the establishment parties and the media joined forces to essentially tell people not to vote for him. When there's a concerted effort by the media and leading politicians to tell the public that a particular democratic choice is the "wrong" choice, people will very, very often react in the spirit of Rage Against The Machine's "f*ck you, I won't do what you tell me". The constant, repetitive attacking of SF at every opportunity and from every angle, with a clearly complicit media (Irish Times and Independent in particular) front and centre, is achieving the opposite of its intended aims by invoking the natural human emotion of people not enjoying being condescendingly told what to do.

Very similar to one of the main factors in the Trump and Brexit votes as well in my view. You don't win votes by telling your opposition that they're simply wrong and should trust you because reasons, and attacking them using pejoratives for not blindly accepting that. Not when they've already turned against you. This kind of rhetoric is simply not how one wins an election.

I agree with you in respect of the piece in bold. The vote for Sinn Fein is very similar to the vote for Brexit and Trump. It is driven by misguided and illogical resentment at living in one of the most successful Western democracies with a standard of living unparalleled in human history.

Brexit, Trump and Sinn Fein are all wrong, all similar in their small-minded nationalistic approach to issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,267 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It is amazing that the posts of other posters are considered more important than actually responding to the real-life comparison between Dara Calleary and Michelle O'Neill.

I never ever thought I would be favourably comparing political standards in Fianna Fail to those of another party but that is where we are now.

Echoing Enda in his term as leader of FG and Taoiseach and how the last election campaign was run. Worked out well for FG. :)

Yeah I'm not sure exactly how they should handle it. The absolute claptrap spouted by SF needs to be highlighted, but on the other hand the answer to everything cannot be "but Sinn Fein".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Look up FG TD Peter Burkes (I think) last appearance on TWIP.

When asked about whether or not the government should have been asked to provide refunds for holiday makers, guess how he answered?

Yep, "Sinn Fein, Sinn Fein, blahdy blahdy blah, something Sinn Fein" :D

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is amazing that the posts of other posters are considered more important than actually responding to the real-life comparison between Dara Calleary and Michelle O'Neill.

I never ever thought I would be favourably comparing political standards in Fianna Fail to those of another party but that is where we are now.

I just wanted to know what YOUR standards were blanch and how you portray them in REAL life.

Have to hand it too you, when it comes to the Shinners you have exemplary standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

The Covid knows when somebody resigns is it?

7(not sure of the final figure) resigned here...we must have it nearly beat so.

No, but one community up north is more likely to pay attention to the public health message when their political leader is standing beside Arlene when that message is being delivered. O'Neill herself said that the messaging had been undermined.

(Being disingenuous doesn't become you Francie. Why not just not reply? That's allowed you know and doesn't necessarily mean you've lost an argument)

Yeah I'm not sure exactly how they should handle it. .

How about, 'shut the f*** up with the SF claptrap Leo and answer the f***** question'?

Pardon my French.

How about, 'shut the f*** up with the SF claptrap Leo and answer the f***** question'?

Pardon my French.

I'm talking in general, how they highlight the SF BS. Any ideas?

No, but one community up north is more likely to pay attention to the public health message when their political leader is standing beside Arlene when that message is being delivered. O'Neill herself said that the messaging had been undermined.

(Being disingenuous doesn't become you Francie. Why not just not reply? That's allowed you know and doesn't necessarily mean you've lost an argument)

Well, I keep abreast of what is going on and I didn't see MON dilute her covid messaging one little bit.
    Is Covid ravaging the north any more or less than here?

BTW, try getting a FGer around here to admit that covid messaging has been undermined by FG or FF. :):) The main FG defence team has not accepted one bit of criticism since this started but as we have seen ONLY pontificate about SF resignations. Gas.

If they think it is claptrap answer the question asked and repudiate the allegation or accusation? Don't deflect to the boogeymen and women under your bed or in you head.

Fairly fecking simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Its nice to see a SF supporter finally admit that the SF are basically the same as Trump and Farrage/Boris/Cummings. Any time I say that to SF supporters (especially the younger generation) in the real world they lose their **** because they hate those guys. Its a fun a way to wind them up :D

If they think it is claptrap answer the question asked and repudiate the allegation or accusation? Don't deflect to the boogeymen and women under your bed or in you head.

Fairly fecking simple.

No my question was how should FG highlight SF BS in general.

No my question was how should FG highlight SF BS in general.

If they have to resort to talking about the 'RA did it ever occur to you that maybe it isn't BS?

If they have to resort to talking about the 'RA did it ever occur to you that maybe it isn't BS?

I'm talking all the BS that SF have come out with over the years which if implemented would make things worse IMO, Apple tax one of the more recent ones for example.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Its nice to see a SF supporter finally admit that the SF are basically the same as Trump and Farrage/Boris/Cummings. Any time I say that to SF supporters (especially the younger generation) in the real world they lose their **** because they hate those guys. Its a fun a way to wind them up :D

I absolutely don't believe that, but I do believe that part of the surge is born out of the same phenomenon - the people who have caused us so much unimaginable pain tell us "don't vote for these people", so obviously many people will automatically do the opposite.

• Advertisement

I'm talking all the BS that SF have come out with over the years which if implemented would make things worse IMO, Apple tax one of the more recent ones for example.

And the BS FF and FG came out in the century of the power swap smells of roses then?

What about the BS of the run up to the destruction of 2008...FG cheerleading the reckless governance of FF?

They are all capable of BS christy...bur SF mumble grumble mumble. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I absolutely don't believe that, but I do believe that part of the surge is born out of the same phenomenon - the people who have caused us so much unimaginable pain tell us "don't vote for these people", so obviously many people will automatically do the opposite.

Were you one of those kids who when your mum said "don't touch that its hot" you just couldn't resist and you touched it any way?:D Thats what a lot of SF voters remind me of.

And the BS FF and FG came out in the century of the power swap smells of roses then?

What about the BS of the run up to the destruction of 2008...FG cheerleading the reckless governance of FF?

They are all capable of BS christy...bur SF mumble grumble mumble. :)

I said nothing of smelling of roses, particularly around 2008. FG etc. are sh1te in so many ways it is depressing. However if we were to implement the nonsense that SF spew, we would be worse off IMO.

Dismiss valid criticism of SF policies with "mumble grumble" if you wish, but it's usually better not to bury your head in the sand.

I said nothing of smelling of roses, particularly around 2008. FG etc. are sh1te in so many ways it is depressing. However if we were to implement the nonsense that SF spew, we would be worse off IMO.

Dismiss valid criticism of SF policies with "mumble grumble" if you wish, but it's usually better not to bury your head in the sand.

Let me get this straight...you want me to come up with a way for FG to chalenge SF (even though you think FG 'are ****e in so many ways".) without mentioning the 'RA?

:):) that bates Bannagher...as me granny used to say. :)

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Were you one of those kids who when your mum said "don't touch that its hot" you just couldn't resist and you touched it any way?:D Thats what a lot of SF voters remind me of.

I'm literally just somebody who's watched the pain and misery FG's housing policy has wrought over the last half decade and had friends literally crying on my shoulder as they have to move backwards in life when their rent spiralled so far out of control that despite hard working, well paying careers, they had to move back in with their families as they approached their thirties. And who's watched how the government of the day collectively told those people to go f*ck themselves and get used to sh!ttier and sh!ttier qualities of life because obviously the most important thing about housing as a sector is for speculators to make vast amounts money without doing anything to actually earn it.

That's literally it. FG like the status quo, and not only they, but those who benefit from that status quo are f*cking terrified of SF. As a friend of mine tweeted after the election, the fact that all of the banks and institutional landlords took a stock market tumble as soon as the prospect of SF in government became a plausible reality is all you need to show that the current status quo is stacked in favour of them - and, by definition, against ordinary people. Because when one sector earns its money by exploiting the sh!t out of another sector, what's good news for the latter is bad news for the former. It's that simple.

I'm a person who has empathy for my fellow citizens. I've seen too many friends have their independent lives snatched away from them by the greedy c*nts who hoard property as if life is a game of monopoly to ever vote for anyone who isn't openly in favour of tackling those people head on and preventing them from continuing this exploitation.

Let me get this straight...you want me to come up with a way for FG to chalenge SF (even though you think FG 'are ****e in so many ways".) without mentioning the 'RA?

:):) that bates Bannagher...as me granny used to say. :)

I think SF are worse than FG and I think FG are sh1te. Hence my best of a bad lot voting habits.

If you dont understand I won't waste any more time with you.

I think SF are worse than FG and I think FG are sh1te. Hence my best of a bad lot voting habits.

If you dont understand I won't waste any more time with you.

I do understand.

What I don't understand is why you were asking me to help FG come up with ways to counter SF without mentioning the 'RA etc. :confused:
    christy c wrote:

My point was, if they have to continuously (to the point of parody now) deflect to the 'RA, maybe it isn't all bull****? Maybe there is a reason you think they are mostly ****e?

I do understand.

What I don't understand is why you were asking me to help FG come up with ways to counter SF without mentioning the 'RA etc. :confused:

My point was, if they have to continuously (to the point of parody now) deflect to the 'RA, maybe it isn't all bull****? Maybe there is a reason you think they are mostly ****e?

If you're still confused with my question I won't waste any more time as I said.

Oh there is definitely a reason I and many others think they are sh1te, that does not make SF or any others automatically better.

If you're still confused with my question I won't waste any more time as I said.

Oh there is definitely a reason I and many others think they are sh1te, that does not make SF or any others automatically better.

:) I am not going to stop you talking yourself into a cul de sac here christy...let it rip. :)

• Advertisement

:) I am not going to stop you talking yourself into a cul de sac here christy...let it rip. :)

You may not have understood me but I definitely don't know what you're babbling about now. Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement