Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,152 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What about FF's David who resigned straight away.

Did you think he shouldn't have?

Do you think it's OK if we all ignore the guidelines?

Is that SFs stance?

What?

I criticised SF at the time...they got it wrong. Nobody should be ignoring guidelines, but loads have from government ministers to state funerals.

If Dara Calleary thought it appropriate to resign, that's his decision. I would have been happy with an admission he did the wrong thing and a sincere apology.
    He has more integrity than the FGer who tried to calamatously and arrogantly lie his way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Rules were broken.

There is no two ways about it.

Doesn't matter if its a funeral or a golf outing.

Many people couldn't and still can't go to loved ones funerals but SF and their members are different??

Michelle knows what she should do.

But it's SF so we know they will never face up to their mistakes.

Ever.

Sure FG went to a funeral too and sure didn't aul Leo have a bash to celebrate leaving the park.

https://twitter.com/BTriagain/status/1304115934110650368?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What is it you were wanting to see JJ?

Michelle has admitted to what I criticised her for. Good.
    That's that then.

A funeral was never the same thing as a jolly for the golf lads and the elites.
    Nor was it the same thing as a FG Commissioner lying to everybody including his EU boss and when caught having to resign.

It wasn't a funeral, Francis. Bobby wasn't in the box during the militaristic march to the Republican plot.

It's just utter hypocrisy on behalf of SF and its supporters.

Not a normal party.

It wasn't a funeral, Francis. Bobby wasn't in the box during the militaristic march to the Republican plot.

It's just utter hypocrisy on behalf of SF and its supporters.

Not a normal party.

Flanking a coffin as a group or club is 'militaristic'? :)

Oh johnny! :D

What definitely wasn't a funeral was that golf pissup. Judges. Journalists and MEP's partying like the last days of Rome during a pandemic. Oh and a few mystery guests that they're refusing to name. A normal party lol. That one even made the papers in China ffs.

https://twitter.com/XHNews/status/1297186387804819456?s=08

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    What definitely wasn't a funeral was that golf pissup. Judges. Journalists and MEP's partying like the last days of Rome during a pandemic. Oh and a few mystery guests that they're refusing to name. A normal party lol. That one even made the papers in China ffs.

And not a photo or video has emerged, leading to the suspicion that they knew exactly what they were doing and banned them.

And not a photo or video has emerged, leading to the suspicion that they knew exactly what they were doing and banned them.

One wonders what they've been up to that we're not aware of . Undoubtedly Gardai present also, the big wigs would hardly drive sure. Sinister!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,267 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A fake coffin. He went to the crematorium, the fake coffin went to the graveyard, it was a political pageant.

It wasn’t the Boy Scouts, it was a militaristic display to show that Sinn Fein and their sociopathic friends still controlled the community.

blanch152 wrote: »
    A fake coffin. He went to the crematorium, the fake coffin went to the graveyard, it was a political pageant.

It wasn’t the Boy Scouts, it was a militaristic display to show that Sinn Fein and their sociopathic friends still controlled the community.

Yeh, all those people forced out at gunpoint...tens of 1000's watching online.

Oh blanch! :)

https://twitter.com/XHNews/status/1297186387804819456?s=08

Great link showing Dara Calleary doing the right thing while Michelle and Mary-Lou refuse to do so. Well done for highlighting the difference in integrity.

• Advertisement

Great link showing Dara Calleary doing the right thing while Michelle and Mary-Lou refuse to do so. Well done for highlighting the difference in integrity.

So anyone ignoring guidelines should resign...that your position. Where is your call for the resignations of all the others at Golfgate? Can you link to it?

What integrity? We don't even know who attended the golf pissup yet. Shrouded in secrecy.

So anyone ignoring guidelines should resign...that your position. Where is your call for the resignations of all the others at Golfgate? Can you link to it?

Politicians in positions of responsibility like Dara Calleary, Phil Hogan, Jerry Buttimer et al have resigned and rightly so. Michelle and Mary-Lou should follow suit or once again the empty words of Sinn Fein are on display to all.

Politicians in positions of responsibility like Dara Calleary, Phil Hogan, Jerry Buttimer et al have resigned and rightly so. Michelle and Mary-Lou should follow suit or once again the empty words of Sinn Fein are on display to all.

So anyone ignoring guidelines should resign...that is your position?

Who else will need to resign? We need a list of attendees to judge. I hope Gardai are provided with a list of all attendees.

What integrity? We don't even know who attended the golf pissup yet. Shrouded in secrecy.

I am not calling on any private individuals who attended the golf dinner or who formed part of the military guard of honour at Storey’s funeral to resign their jobs or be fired, it is the politicians in positions of responsibility who must do so.

Who else will need to resign? We need a list of attendees to judge. I hope Gardai are provided with a list of all attendees.

Silly nonsense, as I am not asking for the name of every individual who went to the Storey funeral, only the politicians.

I am not calling on any private individuals who attended the golf dinner or who formed part of the military guard of honour at Storey’s funeral to resign their jobs or be fired, it is the politicians in positions of responsibility who must do so.

How do you know they were private individuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Resigned for not abiding by social distancing guidelines at a funeral?

minister-for-justice-charles-flanagan-centre-and-minister-for-rural-community-development-michael-ring-right-at-the-funeral-of-detective-garda-colm-horkan-at-st-james-church-in-charlestown-co-mayo-2C3N731.jpg

How do you know they were private individuals?

I don’t know, do you have a list of the attendees at the funeral? Let’s release the book of condolences to the public.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »

minister-for-justice-charles-flanagan-centre-and-minister-for-rural-community-development-michael-ring-right-at-the-funeral-of-detective-garda-colm-horkan-at-st-james-church-in-charlestown-co-mayo-2C3N731.jpg

That comparison has been debunked many times.

It has? :confused:

I don’t know, do you have a list of the attendees at the funeral? Let’s release the book of condolences to the public.

I have a list for the golf pissup alright. Not the full one yet. The others so scandalous they're under an omerta. Tell me. These all resign ?

https://twitter.com/JuanyKeville/status/1304045776146923524?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Whataboutery.

Why am I not surprised.

Jesus I know why I don't bother anymore.

4-5 usual crew still here doing multiple reports and getting posters banned.

24/7 operation.

I'm actually admitting ill never defeat you lads.....

Enjoy.

Whataboutery.

Why am I not surprised.

Jesus I know why I don't bother anymore.

4-5 usual crew still here doing multiple reports and getting posters banned.

24/7 operation.

I'm actually admitting ill never defeat you lads.....

Enjoy.

I know how you feel, I'm just back from a ban myself.

Why did you think you had to 'defeat' people by the way, this is a forum to express and argue your viewpoint. Very arrogant to think you have to be allowed 'defeat' someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭blackwhite

McMurphy wrote: »

Did they organise a detour midway through the funeral to hold a political rally?
    Because otherwise it’s not that comparable at all - despite you repeatedly spamming to try and claim otherwise

Typical of the SF acolytes - strawman to their hearts content to try and defend the indefensible

I obviously missed it being debunked many times.

I'm all ears now though.

blackwhite wrote: »
    Did they organise a detour midway through the funeral to hold a political rally?
    Because otherwise it’s not that comparable at all - despite you repeatedly spamming to try and claim otherwise

Typical of the SF acolytes - strawman to their hearts content to try and defend the indefensible

Who defended it...I think SF got the whole thing wrong.
    Covid doesn't know what a political rally is BTW...it looks for groupings of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

Still promoting the Great Missing Selfie Mystery, Francie?

Maybe it's a cultural thing: maybe golfers aren't in the habit of taking selfies at socially-distanced dinners while nordies have a quaint tradition of gurning for selfies at funerals.

Do you seriously think the golfers confiscated cameras thinking they would keep their malfeasance a secret? In a hotel? In Ireland? There was even a video of the seating plan posted on boards.ie

• Advertisement

blackwhite wrote: »
    I know you're son of a doctor (according to posts on this very site before you pretend to be outraged :D), so maybe ask Dr Blackwhite of the family if covid gives a shiny turd what the purpose of an event is that people are congregating at, and whether or not it will potentially infect folk, and be further spread by people at certain event's and not at others (depending on whether it's a political rally or a Garda funeral) should social distancing be flouted.

The irony of the above *wooshing* repeatedly over your head BW. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement