Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So, did anyone get this? I was tempted, but I watched the new Second Wind video on GaaS last night, and it had clips from this. Visual vomit is the first thing that came to mind. I thought they were to tone it down a notch? I couldn't see what was going on. Turned me right off it tbh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rarely has the 'fallen short of our expectations' announcement been more... expected 😅

24-hour peak of under 1,000 players on Steam currently... not the kind of numbers that suggest a new live service game in rude health.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

After the reveal last year, the "roadmap" for the game almost ensured that road went straight off the edge of a cliff. It was sadly inevitable. Really hard to see how they could possibly pull it back from this.

A real shame for Rocksteady.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There’s a certain irony as well that it has bombed in a month with several multiplayer surprise hits, like Palworld and Helldivers 2.

It seems to be the AAA ‘live service’ games in particular have a certain desperation and cynicism to them, whereas the indie or AA ones have more capacity to break through and over perform.

The live service model is (unfortunately?) far from dead, the hits are just unlikely to come from studios known for their expensive, expansive single player games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And unfortunately, it'll be Rocksteady that pat the price. I await their demise in the wake of this games eventually (inevitable) failure and DLC cancellation.

• Advertisement

You would hope at the very least that publishers may start to realise the licence isn't what makes a live-service game successful, it's the gameplay. If anything, the licence can be a huge restriction and sets up expectations that are hugely difficult to meet.

Fortnite had no brand recognition, but then once it started to become successful began doing brand/franchise deals for character skins etc. WB have a huge range of licences. They could make a brand new game and then have licenced content/themes/skins over time.

Season 1 of the roadmap and Joker appear to have gone down like a lead balloon.

• Joker isn't unlocked from the off; you have to do a bunch of repeated missions and a repeated boss fight to unlock him, or you can pay to unlock him.
    • No new mission types. New mission type expected to be released halfway through Season 1, but other than that it's a bunch of repeated missions to unlock Joker, and then you'll have to do more missions to level him up to use him for endgame content.
    • No real story missions or anything. There's a comic-type cutscene at the start, then one cinematic when you unlock Joker. That's it.
    • Joker plays pretty much exactly like the other characters as expected.

Hard to see the game making to the end of the first year of the roadmap.

Advertisement