Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, as the saying goes, "you can't polish a shyte". Just release it, watch it flop, watch WB blame the devs and just let them get on with the next project.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,284 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Even with a near year-long delay, they're still not going to be able to untangle all the stuff people dislike from the game. The gear system, the generic gameplay.... it's all so intertwined into the fabric of the game that no amount of polishing will distract from.

It's a big decision to delay for so long, I was expecting maybe a September release. They've clearly listened to the feedback and want to try address as much as possible. But I can't imagine they'll be able to do enough to solve the biggest issues.

Release it, take the low review scores, announce a roadmap and then say they're ending support, then announce they're making 'Batman Arkham Legacy' or something and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll hold out hope that this lengthy delay is them actually trying to fix it. Remove the unnecessary parts, make it more focused. It can be done imo. But I still don't know if a looter-shooter is what people want. Horrible situation for Rocksteady to be in I reckon! As others are saying, probably best to release it, let it flop and move on to making the next game. Still though, 9 years on 1 game must be exhausting.

Schreier saying the delay is pretty much purely down to polish, and that the core game won't be changing.

To give credit to the footage shown in February, it looked polished. It looked slick and up to Rocksteady's usual standards. It was the polished crap that was the issue, not good stuff that was unpolished.

Like Potential said, 9 years on a project that people hate before it's even finished is awful for the devs, morale must be in the bin. Can only hope the devs find a better project for v their next game whether that's at rocksteady or somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Spider man 2 in September could be another reason for long delay

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So will they be careful to show less of the stuff that got the bad reception last time or will they try to explain the reasoning?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not sure it's possible to show this game without showing the bad stuff. The whole game seems built on the shakiest and most misguided of foundations.

Having just finished Gotham Knights I wonder if they'll try to tone down the live service stuff like they did where it's still obvious that's how it was designed.

I'd say at this point, the most they could probably do is somewhere between Gotham Knights and Avengers.

• Advertisement

Good to see they've spent the extra months doing absolutely nothing.

Looks the exact same as before.

HA ceo of WB said he's taking the most popular gaming franchises they have and leaning into live service with them. Actually feel bad for Rocksteady.

As for this, i skimmed the video and it couldn't interest me less, looks like Fortnite with a Suicide Squad skin. Majority of comments are positive about how it looks so much better.

Looks like generic shyte to me 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, this doubling down on GAAS is bizarre. Do they not have internet in WB Towers? I was already cold on this game, but now they've killed the enthusiasm I had for Wonder Woman long before they've even released a trailer.

Not sure if ye saw, a few days ago news broke off the Coyote vs Acme (road runner film) was completed but WB decided to get a tax cut off payment instead of releasing it and figured it was too much work to shop around even though it had positive test reviews and multiple distribution companies interested. Crew started leaking clips to show behind the scenes (which WB started taking down) but it got enough traction on social media that WB said they are now shopping it around so someone else can release it.

As much as I'd love this to work with their gaas bollox, i don't think the ceo could give less of a **** about what makes a good game and would rather let them die while choking every last penny out them.

Going from Batman meticulously punching goons in the face to Captain Boomerang using guns (and sometimes boomerangs, but mostly guns) to shoot purple monsters who explode into a bunch of different-coloured tokens which will no doubt be required to be collected over and over again to upgrade things separately is jarring to say the least.

I have a lot of faith in Rocksteady that the gameplay will be fairly enjoyable and the story will be decent. But I have zero faith in WB that the game won't just be a mindless grindfest battlepass nonsense sh*tshow about 10 seconds after the credits on the story roll. And considering how integral the gunplay is to the game and gear system, regardless of their claims to release new characters post-launch, they're all going to be the same; gun-based characters with some special/finisher moves that reflect their abilities, but still have to use guns 90% of the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Honestly this looks like absolute garbage and it's not helped by the fact that earth Defense Force 6 is due out at the same time and looks like a much more fun version of this muck.

Eh, sorry to burst your bubble but early reports are WW may be live service due to a job listing for WW saying "experience helping maintain a live software product or game" so not looking good...

If it was any other company, I wouldn't be too worried, but with WB basically doubling down on live service....

My bubble was pre-burst. I said they already killed my enthusiasm for WW with their hard-on for GAAS.

I just watched bits of the video. Had to laugh at Tara Strong talking about Harley not having powers then we see her swinging, flying and super jumping around the city. I know she uses items to do it but she didn't look powerless.

Then the guy going through each of the roster and the first thing he mentions for each is the type of gun they have. The annoying thing is they could easily have unique character attacks anyway. Like Harley could pair her hammer for melee with a Joker type gun, King Shark has blades and strength he can use, Boomerang has all he needs in his name, then Deadshot be the only main gun guy.

• Advertisement

Warner Bros denying Wonder Woman is live service

Though it doesn't say if it was said by Yakko or Wakko

I wonder will it utulise their Nemesis system... hoarding feckers.

I think it will. Think they announced a version of it will be in the game when they first announced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'll go against my usual cynicism and think the WW game will be good, based off nothing really. I just think it'll lend itself to being a good game.

She basically has Superman's powers but a bit more grounded.

It sounds, from the teaser at least, that it will be set on Themyscira. If they get the design right it could be a nice environment to explore.

For anybody interested, sign up for closed alpha tech test from. November 30th to December 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InDarkWoods

Anyone have access to the closed Alpha test? I’d love to give it a shot on PC/Steam if there’s a spare invite code.

Also getting offline mode next year too

• Advertisement

When an offline mode on a single player game that won't be there at launch is seen as announcement, you know things are bad.

Advertisement