Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Murder of Joe Deacy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Whats going on with the gards in the locality and this investigation? Its been 5/6 years and they're still looking into. If I was a friend or relative of Joe, Id be going mad. Im sure the dogs in the street around swinford have a good idea of what went on & the perpetrator is. Seems like theres been some interference at a higher level locally. Surely the garda cant be this inept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

I understand how that might be difficult for the Gardaí to be fair. If you were one of those witnesses, why would you speak to the Gardaí unless obliged to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭sugarman20

Fair point. I think this person is quite a distance away too so can't exactly pop around to talk to them. This case really bothers me.

Nobody knows what happened as there is zero physical evidence. Of course there has been speculation and rumours floating around but ultimately there seems to be a 3/4 hour window from the night of Joe's murder that is entirely unaccounted for. He was sending snapchat messages to his friends and family at 3am and he was found dead at around 7am.

I'm glad there has been plenty of media coverage lately though, that should keep the pressure on the Gardaí to pull the finger out.

Really? I assumed that the person of interest referenced in the article was currently based in the UK.

• Advertisement

Brought up in the Dáil by Alan Dillion TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

He is on LinkedIn and works for a pharma company in Galway/Mayo.

Lots of photos of him visiting his old primary school with an all ireland minor trophy a couple of years ago.

Goofy looking snake.

That photo is from years ago, back when we were still in school.

There’s such a thing as an international arrest warrant - if the Gardai make contact with them or indeed make every effort to make contact with them and they refuse or ignore, then Shirley they have a right to arrest and interview under caution?

I don’t know what family or families some posters are talking about in this thread that are supposedly so high up the food chain that they’re “untouchable” - but that’s just boll0x as far as I’m concerned - if there is such a family I’d imagine it’s because they’ve closed ranks, refused to co operate and somehow they have legal rights that allows them to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

I see this scum bag and his family/friends/Mayo GAA bogtrotting cronies were back out defacing another Justice For Joe mural the other day.

This case really boils my blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I pass these justice signs frequently on my travels and I'm shocked at how quickly the reminders are "lawfully" dismantled by the county council (while similar ones aren't). I'm further more shocked at how quickly they are vandalised, defaced & destroyed in the darkness of night.

It's not a good look, it stinks and it's contemptible, reprehensible & pure cowardly. All it takes is one good person to stand up, be brave & expose the rats & vermin that bully the weaklings in to silent submission & obedience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Probably not the best idea in the world to ask for identifying content on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sonnyblack

Has anyone heard a rumour that a fatal car crash involving 2 individuals had alleged significant links to the Deacy murder case. If it had I hope the truth comes out in public

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭drserious4

No but can you elaborate?

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say on boards but the 2 people killed were meant to be as close as you could possibly get to the case .i.e directly involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

^^^ What month was the car crash?

That's interesting but I'm not aware of any crash in Mayo recently where 2 people died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭crusd

There was, right near the end of the road on which the house in question is located. Quite high profile. I think it may possibly be a case of 1 + 1 =1,000,000

edit: only one killed in that crash

FYI it wasnt recently but earlier this year and 2 people were killed

• Advertisement

No I don't think there is any connection.

The individuals killed were well known to the Guards for other matters. That information was found out talking to a stranger in a casual conversation in a fleeting visit to the county. It just illustrates what everyone on the ground knows. The guards know exactly who was/is involved but cant prove it. What's needed now is for some newspaper editor with a bit of backbone to name the 2 individuals publically and link them to the murder of Joe Deacy so that their live accomplices can be tracked down and charged.

How many were in the house on the night in question?

I dont know that. The owners of the house and their son have been publically named on a comment made on a facebook page. I think the parents were away on the night in question.

Wow. That might explain why every effort has been made to brush this murder under the carpet for so long. RIP Joe. Didnt deserve the sad end you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭crusd

Those two lads in that one were local enough to the area involved alright.

What I have heard is that they were “known to the gardai”, one of them at least anyway, however haven’t heard any rumours connecting them to the murder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

There are a few high profile cases in Ireland - all murder cases- where the investigation has stalled, simply because witnesses refuse to come forward.

It’s obvious from the annual updates at anniversary time from the Gardai that they know certain people have certain information and are unwilling to come forward- these aren’t just information fishing expeditions which happen too, it’s clear they know who they’re waiting on to walk into their station.

Without cooperation from the key witnesses, it’s unlikely this case will ever see the inside of the courtroom.

Someone mentioned newspapers being “brave” in naming people- I think that’s a terrible idea as it goes against our justice system- flawed as it might be, it’s all we got between us and anarchy.

If these people are still young enough, and if Gardai have determined a level of clarity around what happened that might based on evidence, then time is the only thing that might help solve this case/ but it could be 40 years from now or longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

Newspaper can't print the name of someone based on whispers and gossip. You didn't even get right the number of people killed in the crash so not sure why you think they should print something

Nobody made an effort to brush it under the carpet. The evidence is not available based on reports

If everyone was arrested because of comments on facebook we would all be in jail.

People gossip. People make up stories to impress people. It certainly sounds like that in this case. As posted I would expect the Gardai know who it was but without evidence they can't do anything.

Plenty of Irish got threw into UK jails with no evidence or corrupt evidence over the years. Sorry we don't need the Gardai following the corrupt English legal system

Advertisement