Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to NI

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Beasty wrote: »
    Funnily enough it's also considered one island in all the atlases.....

Not for the weather forecasts though! That always makes me LOL to see the demarcation on the BBC weather sites and our own Met Eireann. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

skinny90 wrote: »
    Part of Great Britain which isn’t on the green list.

OP is just trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Valhallapt wrote: »
    OP is just trolling

Well who cares. The thread has evolved anyway and will either die a natural death, or carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭circadian

Why put money into the British economy?

Obigatory wind up post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Valhallapt wrote: »
    OP is just trolling

I asked a simple question, got the answer I was looking for (thank you) followed by some patriotic bs. As for the green list, I was just stating the obvious, that’s why I started this thread. There is no mention of NI on the green list. And for those saying it’s all one country look at all the trolls giving out that I’m spending it In the British economy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

skinny90 wrote: »
    Part of Great Britain which isn’t on the green list.

it isn't part of GB whatever else it is. It is part of the UK though.

I'm just back from Donegal and there are large numbers of GB cars up there (rather than NI ones ). There seem to be no controls although I did see one GB car stopped by the Gards on the way up, for what I don't know,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

Isambard wrote: »
    it isn't part of GB whatever else it is. It is part of the UK though.

I'm just back from Donegal and there are large numbers of GB cars up there (rather than NI ones ). There seem to be no controls although I did see one GB car stopped by the Gards on the way up, for what I don't know,

A lot of the cars on the second hand market in NI are GB registration. Having a GB registration doesn't necessarily mean that you have driven from mainland Britain.

Similarly there are a lot of NI registration cars sold in Britain.

The UK has a lower prevalence of the virus per 100,000 than Ireland at this stage. People should of course follow the rules, but the idea that the UK is a huge threat to Ireland in respect to the virus is no longer true.

Advertisement