Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Short read but a good summary. I wonder did someone tip US Homeland security of his whereabouts or was this just bad luck on his part and how he ended up back in Ireland?

Aaron Brady: The low-level criminal who grew to wear murder of Adrian Donohoe like a badge of honour

Cant have been that hard the find him he kept his facebook page going and posted regular updates from New York. His facebook is still active

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Listened to reports....

My takings....

The investigation seems like a job well done by all involved.... especially the US Homeland security.

I think there is some unease regarding the case apparently hanging on a
    confession made by Brady to some aquiantances, when he was drunk

(There may be other evidence, and for operational reasons, its not being disclosed ...on-going investigations etc.)

There are still four more accomplices out there who need to be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Special criminal court puts another scumbag away.

Thank god its not been abolished like a certain party is calling for.

It wasn't tried in the special

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

begbysback wrote: »
    Is stating something while drunk in a pub drunk considered sufficient evidence for capital murder, or was there any actual evidence?

The trail, which found him guilty went on for a lot longer, and had more information than a few posts on boards. So trying to argue his innocence here and now with a few comments is a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,524 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Absolutely delighted with this verdict.
    I knew Adrian well through sport and he was a lovely person.
    Hope this Brady lad rots in prison. He won’t like prison one bit as he won’t be the bully in there.
    Brilliant news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Truthvader wrote: »
    Would be very interested if that were the case. I cant imagine you could rob the local credit union on the border without permission or approval but have not heard anything yet

That's the key issue. He was integral in their Diesel Laundering operation. There is no way someone so involved in the party's main fundraising activity would do a solo run on the local CU. He would have run that up the chain of command and got permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭KaneToad

well you'd imagine finger prints on a gun, or someone actually seeing him shoot the thing would be enough to satisfy everyone.
    A drunken bravado chat in a pub, and a few disgruntled guards hearsay should not be enough imo and will be challenged.

The jury, who actually heard all the evidence, thought he was guilty of the murder. Albeit that it was an 11-1 verdict.

That's good enough for me.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Agree with this. Surely he has a grounds for appeal and all the way to Supreme Court at that. No evidence whatsoever. He’s a scumbag and deserves to be taken off the streets but surely evidence is required for murder.

Seems amazing that the judge didn't notice the lack of evidence during the lengthy trial. Should he be impeached?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,524 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Damien360 wrote: »
    Agree with this. Surely he has a grounds for appeal and all the way to Supreme Court at that. No evidence whatsoever. He’s a scumbag and deserves to be taken off the streets but surely evidence is required for murder.

You should read the Joe O’Reilly case then. All circumstantial evidence but great evidence and convicted him of his wife, Rachel’s, murder.

No evidence whatsoever is a load of cobblers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

End of story, in other words you don't have a clue either, like the two people spouting the same nonsense in this thread.

Crossmaglen and McEntee can go to **** aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Ive listed other cases,with unsafe convictions?

The fact you are an extrmist and view all views other than your own as disingenous is something,you will have to come to terms with

:pac:

that's funny enough fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Unknownability

No link just a close relation who was in the bar at the time and witnessed it.

Thanks, thought his father would've been removed from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Once less piece of "republican" scum to worry about.

FAKE NEWS

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Lads, this trial went on for months. You literally would have only heard a snippet of the evidence presented to the jury.

Glad justice was done.

BPKS wrote: »
    His mates who killed Jerry McCabe didn't serve 40 years anyway

They were convicted of manslaughter and hardly mate of Aaron Brady as he would have been 5 when McCabe was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Is there any evidence?

This lad looking at 40 years,it would want to be competly 100% faultless........yous are essentially putting someone away for life,there cant be any shadow of doubt about imo

Hilarious tbh... he imo deserves a lethal injection but sure, I am sure he is one of those 'good' republican types so, one has dispelled all rational thoughts and beliefs that yes, he actually did murder a Garda.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭roast222

Didn't take long for the amateur judges to come out to query the verdict based on reading a few online articles. Thankfully there is a criminal justice system which helped pore over 7 years evidence lasting 6 months in court to reach a decision that he committed capital murder beyond reasonable doubt. The people who think they know better are likely the same people who became qualified epidemiologists upon the outbreak of Covid-19.

mikekerry wrote: »
    It's as plain as day he did it anyone with an ounce of sense wouldn't be questioning this verdict

One juror who sat through all the evidence disagrees with you

You support a death penalty for someone,who no physical evidence exists,they committed the crime?

Isn't it about time that you contacted Brady's lawyers and offered to give him an alibi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Truthvader wrote: »
    Actually they wouldn't agree to the "peace process" unless McCabe's killers were released

Wrong on that one.
    Det. McCabes killers/murderers were not part of the G.F. agreement.
    All served out their full sentences for manslaughter.
    The murder charge would not have been successful due to witnesses being 'got at' so judicial system accepted manslaughter which the killers/murderers pleaded guilty to.
    Consolation was that it did end the reign of that gang in Munster.
    One is currently back behind bars for a lengthy period for being a total scumbag.

• Advertisement

Isn't it about time that you contacted Brady's lawyers and offered to give him an alibi?

I dunno the man....its likely he is guilty .....just i dont think,there enough evidence exists to convict him

The fact people openly call for death penalty for people,with no physical evidence linking them to a crime is alarming tbh (i actually support the idea of death penalty in right curcumstances)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

touts wrote: »
    That's the key issue. He was integral in their Diesel Laundering operation. There is no way someone so involved in the party's main fundraising activity would do a solo run on the local CU. He would have run that up the chain of command and got permission.

To be fair to Sinn Fein/ IRA (not that they deserve it) though I suspect he was one of them you are the only person actually saying this.

Any actual connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

roast222 wrote: »
    Didn't take long for the amateur judges to come out to query the verdict based on reading a few online articles. Thankfully there is a criminal justice system which helped pore over 7 years evidence lasting 6 months in court to reach a decision that he committed capital murder beyond reasonable doubt. The people who think they know better are likely the same people who became qualified epidemiologists upon the outbreak of Covid-19.

hate to break it to you.

the judge didn't find him guilty. the jury did.

And they are most likely if not most definitely (as court officials wouldn't be on a jury) amateurs in the affairs of the court and murder trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

BPKS wrote: »
    His mates who killed Jerry McCabe didn't serve 40 years anyway

Found guilty of manslaughter, not capital murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Do people here really believe that a case that went on for 6 months only had one piece of incriminating evidence?

Is it a sincerely held belief or is there something else at play here?

The idea that a jury convicted a guy for murder solely because of a drunken boast really stretches credibility and yet multiple people are making that exact same claim.

Where did that idea that he was convicted solely on the boast come from and why are so many people running with it?

washman3 wrote: »
    Wrong on that one.
    Det. McCabes killers/murderers were not part of the G.F. agreement.
    All served out their full sentences for manslaughter.
    The murder charge would not have been successful due to witnesses being 'got at' so judicial system accepted manslaughter which the killers/murderers pleaded guilty to.
    Consolation was that it did end the reign of that gang in Munster.
    One is currently back behind bars for a lengthy period for being a total scumbag.

Not according to Gerry Adams but Ahern disagreed. Gerry's true concerns revealed though. As ever impossible to tell with Gerry what is truth and what is lies - actually same for Ahern

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ahern-denies-mccabe-killers-release-agreed-in-1998-1.979572

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It would put a serious taint on probably the most successful club in the history of the GAA if true...

Yeah I heard from the club he was set up which I viewed as a lie

Yeah I heard from the club he was set up which I viewed as a lie

Obviously.

Because when a Guard is murdered all the other Guards who worked with him conspire to set up any local "Republican" and are more than happy to let the person they know is guilty to go free.

For F*ck Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Prime Time tomorrow night to have a special on it also.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

An Ri rua wrote: »
    While the WhiteJesus is going against the flow, I have reported this post as your tone is completely against how things should be conducted on Boards. More of a thug than the bogeyman Republicans you deride so much. The WhiteJesus seems contrarian, that is all, while your post is heinous.

haha very assertive of you An Ri Rua and a fair description of my personality (contrary) !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement