Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TomPeep

^ Yes, while this thread is always fascinating because of the insight people have, I'd balk at having to give my phone number out to anyone on Boards. Could ye use a different app which doesn't require a linked mobile phone?

Yes. They should use the TELEGRAM app.
    No phone number or any details show.
    Invited to group through a link

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

TomPeep wrote: »
    Yes. They should use the TELEGRAM app.
    No phone number or any details show.
    Invited to group through a link

Or just apply to join the private dedicated Gangland Sub-Forum on here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Omackeral wrote: »

Stop that. :D

spurious wrote: »
    Stop that. :D

I’d sooner shoot the mod a PM than download some dodgy app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Not a big stretch tbh. I know people who hardly know what boards.ie is and they read this forum. I know for a fact there's dealers, coppers and just people having a good ol' nose reading it on the regular. There's definitely journalists on it too, sure we had a confirmed one not long ago popping in to say hello!

Absolutely. There is plenty of the young boys round my neck heavily involved in the scene that keep the scope on here and can’t wait until the day their name comes up in it.

My advice would be do NOT ever compromise your anonymity. Especially anyone mentioning names in any significant way.

Haven’t posted on here in months myself and I always do hate the bull**** “this thread is gone to the dogs” posts, but it has been a load of bollocks...especially since nothing has been going on in way of shootings and violence.

No doubt a few more of the regulars and clued-in posters will be back involved once we have a narrative worth discussing.

• Advertisement

Now being that there is **** all going on we might as well see can we clear up some stuff from the past. Anyone remember this murder? The daughter only making a renewed plea:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/girl-14-issues-emotional-appeal-23051821

Jeffrey Hannan, cut up in O’Malley Park. Few boys I knew down there said the fella done it was a younger member of one of the main scum families in Southill who did it back at the time, although they never named names. Anyone here ever find out more info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AdamChik1920

Been reading this for a bit but decided to join in as a big interest in gangland, joined in deadest time tho hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AdamChik1920

Absolutely. There is plenty of the young boys round my neck heavily involved in the scene that keep the scope on here and can’t wait until the day their name comes up in it.

My advice would be do NOT ever compromise your anonymity. Especially anyone mentioning names in any significant way.

Haven’t posted on here in months myself and I always do hate the bull**** “this thread is gone to the dogs” posts, but it has been a load of bollocks...especially since nothing has been going on in way of shootings and violence.

No doubt a few more of the regulars and clued-in posters will be back involved once we have a narrative worth discussing.

Yeah facts can’t trust anyone, identities have to stay anonymous for the safety of there well-being. I used to be about that but stopped but still have a wide ear for the suss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Would it have been possible to have seen him today in the Applegreen on the M1 southbound? 2 lads but 1 fitted his description, black hat, white runners and man bag walked past me in the car park.
    Instantly thought it was him but then doubted why he'd be up that far North.

Every young lad selling even the tiniest bit is dressing like that, they all wear the exact same designer gear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

airmax87 wrote: »
    Every young lad selling even the tiniest bit is dressing like that, they all wear the exact same designer gear

basically clones, no sense of any type of indivuduality from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

SB71 wrote: »
    basically clones, no sense of any type of indivuduality from them.

Hasn't it always been the same? 25 years ago it was 3/4 length leather jackets. 20 years ago it was Scanda jackets. And so on.

This time round it's Canada Goose jackets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

Beltby wrote: »
    Hasn't it always been the same? 25 years ago it was 3/4 length leather jackets. 20 years ago it was Scanda jackets. And so on.

This time round it's Canada Goose jackets.

i wouldnt know mate i wouldnt be seen dead wearing any clothing that these scum wear to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LastODC

I see EncroChat is back in the news both here and across the water.Even Tallant is bring up the question why no bust's here. Well I have another theory. Suppose Whistleblower is correct about MI 5 connection,that would raise the question about loyalties within the highest ranks in the gardai.
    One of the jobs of an assistant chief constable in the RUC is dealing with british secuirty services.

I guarantee there were dozens of arrests here using intel gleaned from encros. The garda just make out its there hard work or a rat to cause divisions in gangs. This is one example https://www.google.com/amp/s/watchers.ie/2020/11/16/am-i-reading-this-correct-bail-conditions-were-altered-in-relation-to-rooney-and-dawson-because-the-gangland-boys-had-their-xmas-foreign-booked-somebody-is-taking-the-piss-here/amp/
    They showed Jay printouts of hundreds of messages from his encro when he was on the section

Now being that there is **** all going on we might as well see can we clear up some stuff from the past. Anyone remember this murder? The daughter only making a renewed plea:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/girl-14-issues-emotional-appeal-23051821

Jeffrey Hannan, cut up in O’Malley Park. Few boys I knew down there said the fella done it was a younger member of one of the main scum families in Southill who did it back at the time, although they never named names. Anyone here ever find out more info on it?

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/I%27m+a+suspect+for+Jeff%27s+murder+but+I+didn%27t+do+it%3B+PAL+PROTESTS+HIS...-a0172040444

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

Now being that there is **** all going on we might as well see can we clear up some stuff from the past

How about this random one from 2008 - https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/life-sentence-for-getaway-driver-in-dublin-murder-1.773676%3fmode=amp

Guy from Killester (not exactly known as a gangland area although Eamon Kelly lived there and Mr Big is not far down the road) is shot dead in his local bookies, with the getaway driver found to be a guy from Tallaght at the opposite side of the city. The shooter is never found and no motive is identified. Media try to link it to Crumlin-Drimnagh feud which was always in the news back then, but that seems a stretch, like how they try to link everything to Hutch-Kinahan since 2016.

Just seems very random.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

LastODC wrote: »
    I guarantee there were dozens of arrests here using intel gleaned from encros. The garda just make out its there hard work or a rat to cause divisions in gangs. This is one example https://www.google.com/amp/s/watchers.ie/2020/11/16/am-i-reading-this-correct-bail-conditions-were-altered-in-relation-to-rooney-and-dawson-because-the-gangland-boys-had-their-xmas-foreign-booked-somebody-is-taking-the-piss-here/amp/
    They showed Jay printouts of hundreds of messages from his encro when he was on the section

That is the craziest piece Ive ever read. Whats wrong with these Judges ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

SUB-FORUM?
    AWWWH cool is it ok if I join as I think it would enhance my knowledge of the Irish crime scene. Thank You as I think you guys are dead-on. Can you pm me yond link. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BenedictC12

Is that the castlebellinghan apple green?

Yep. That's the 1

• Registered Users Posts: 46 farleyholmes

It was Stephen O'Sullivan he's one of the Casey's from Southill he's doin life for another feud murder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Thesiger wrote:
    Guy from Killester (not exactly known as a gangland area although Eamon Kelly lived there and Mr Big is not far down the road) is shot dead in his local bookies, with the getaway driver found to be a guy from Tallaght at the opposite side of the city. The shooter is never found and no motive is identified. Media try to link it to Crumlin-Drimnagh feud which was always in the news back then, but that seems a stretch, like how they try to link everything to Hutch-Kinahan since 2016.

Thesiger wrote:
    Just seems very random.

Jesus Thesiger , I was only thinking of this during the week.

Use to frequent the area but was not there the Saturday he got killed.

He was regular in the bookies often betting 3 figure sums on the horses.

A couple of weeks before the shooting he got a few slaps outside the shop. Word around the area was it was over lost drugs (found by the guards) and they owed money.

After he got the few slaps you sort of knew the writing was on the wall for him I was suprised he didn't do a runner. When I heard about the shooting, I knew it was him.

Spoke to him a couple of times. A bit of a jack the lad but not the worst skin.

I couldn't get over how your man was caught. The drove a motor cycle around the corner and burned it in the middle of a housing estate in full view of people and jumped in a van and drove away.

All very amateurish.

• Advertisement

SUB-FORUM?
    AWWWH cool is it ok if I join as I think it would enhance my knowledge of the Irish crime scene. Thank You as I think you guys are dead-on. Can you pm me yond link. :o

PM sent

It was Stephen O'Sullivan he's one of the Casey's from Southill he's doin life for another feud murder

Ahh yeah that makes sense. I knew from years ago it wasn’t one of the Casey’s the boys were on about. Stephen O Sullivan was a proper sick maniac..he got tied in with the McCarthy Dundons shortly after ..but if it wasn’t them it would have been some one else. Chap was tapped as they come by all accounts. That also explained why the boys I know wouldn’t say his name at the time.

Ahh yeah that makes sense. I knew from years ago it wasn’t one of the Casey’s the boys were on about. Stephen O Sullivan was a proper sick maniac..he got tied in with the McCarthy Dundons shortly after ..but if it wasn’t them it would have been some one else. Chap was tapped as they come by all accounts. That also explained why the boys I know wouldn’t say his name at the time.

Still though, I get the feeling his own family still think it was possible one of the Caseys. They often speak about walking past the killer or seeing him out and around ...but O Sullivan is in prison since 09 or 10 I’d say at least

O’ Sullivan is actually a Casey himself on his father side ..another family of absolute low life scum. But I don’t think are related to the traveller Casey’s from the halting site in Southill.

Still though, I get the feeling his own family still think it was possible one of the Caseys. They often speak about walking past the killer or seeing him out and around ...but O Sullivan is in prison since 09 or 10 I’d say at least

There was more then him there but he was the fella who actually had the hatchet

There was more then him there but he was the fella who actually had the hatchet

Tell me this, remember shortly after when they killed the kid James Cronin, who was involved in the Maloney murder. They took him out to bury or dig up guns in Cals park...O Sullivan was in custody at the time. So who done Cronin. I heard it was Killeen at the time ?! But again I heard there was more of them there

Some seriously warped characters in the Limerick scene over the years ...

Tell me this, remember shortly after when they killed the kid James Cronin, who was involved in the Maloney murder. They took him out to bury or dig up guns in Cals park...O Sullivan was in custody at the time. So who done Cronin. I heard it was Killeen at the time ?! But again I heard there was more of them there

Some seriously warped characters in the Limerick scene over the years ...

Was meant to be Nathan that killed him, had he out digging for guns then shot him in the head and put him into the hole. Stoner Sullivan gave the cops location of a few guns when the cops went searching they found Cronin

Was meant to be Nathan that killed him, had he out digging for guns then shot him in the head and put him into the hole. Stoner Sullivan gave the cops location of a few guns when the cops went searching they found Cronin

O Sulivans ould fella was Eddy Casey wasn’t he?! Raped your wan up in Galway. Despicable human waste the whole breed of them. In fairness the young fella didn’t have a chance, growing up half derelict in O Malley Park. The uncle was Ray Casey then. No need for introduction there ...

O Sulivans ould fella was Eddy Casey wasn’t he?! Raped your wan up in Galway. Despicable human waste the whole breed of them. In fairness the young fella didn’t have a chance, growing up half derelict in O Malley Park. The uncle was Ray Casey then. No need for introduction there ...

Yeah thats him he was lucky he was arrested when he was he had shot up the curtins house that morning

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Shortage of some product confirmed

Tell us more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

A sub forum would be good folks but if we kept on topic it here could return to being very good. Just think before you post folks. I think we're all guilty of non relevant posts, just try to limit them. Have a good one folks.

Advertisement