Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

A post that said I made good points..😂 then afterwards I was answered by another poster who said I was right that the Provos shot PJ Judge, the block button is your friend?? **** reading and learning is your friend

This is a satisfying victory

Post edited by Paul_Crosby on

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭fiacha

Can you please learn how to edit your earlier posts instead of just replying to your own posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Updaparish

I see Leap the most vibrant and multi cultured village in Ireland for decades has hit the headlines, I always wondered why so many Dutch people have made it there home for years now.. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

Anyone see the video of Ciaran O'Driscoll getting battered in broad daylight with a pair of bolt cutters, did I hear right that Magos mam had a hand in raising him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Fair point will try in future, but just found another one from a Dublin gang killings site

"08 Dec 1996: Peter Judge or PJ Judge ('The Psycho’) (41), of Ballygall Crescent, Finglas, was shot dead in the car park of the Royal Oak pub (now demolished), Finglas Road, Finglas. A major drug dealer and criminal, the Provisional IRA were the chief suspects."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

@Paul_Crosby really enjoy reading your "nostalgic", (for want of a better word) gangland posts.

Regarding the Psycho, I always thought that Marlo Hyland was the chief suspect in that shooting. This belief is just from old articles I read, I wouldn't be "in the know", so to speak.

Were the provisionals involved in an official capacity or was it members doing freelance?

Judge was indeed a psychopath.

I don't know if you're familiar with the suspected Jock Corbally killing, but the details are horrific.

Open to correction, but I don't think his body was ever found.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I lived in Finglas East when both Foran and Judge were shot , I know extended family members of both Foran and Judge who all said the IRA shot them. Foran was apparently told to stop selling heroin in the East.

At the time there was a couple of IRA living in the East , one who was a high member living in a safe house.

At the time there was lots of elderly people living there but lots of houses were being bought by young families with kids who didn’t want dealers selling in the area , a lot of addicts were forced out out of the area ending up homeless in the city centre.Sinn Fein we’re regularly going door to door chatting with locals and being a presence in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

Any one hear of who’s responsible for this story down in Leap, Cork? Foreign gangs? Or one of our own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

No Irish among those arrested. Some Dutch and Spanish. I heard somewhere that Hezbollah, the Lebanese terrorist organisation, is suspected of involvement - bizarre as that sounds - in conjunction with some South American cartel. No actual drugs found so far.

Forget about that I'll keep it for a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

No, I've never seen anyone die after 1 cig, I'm a smoker and I've bought them illegally many times. "I know FA about drugs", seriously? I've taken them for over a quarter of a century, I've known several dealers including one who famously said "if u think we're bad, wait til you see what comes after us" Anyway you didn't answer my question, why would they poison their customers, it's not in their financial interests.

They don't have the finance for the real stuff in every pill😂 then they arent dpdgyy home pressed pills they're just proper pills illegally sold without prescription

Aye I've introduced hard-core drugs to the country, so there's gonna be some serious killing, murder and misery in the future for a long time

That's what he meant. I love how that line is quoted as if Larry Dunne was some kind of prophet instead of, oh I don't know, known anything about how drug feuds work?? He said that because he introduced large scale smack dealing, which led to large scale organised crime can't gangs that zombified Irish youth. Oh such a witty remark! the first prohibition gangsters said the same thing

Virgil Sollozo in Godfather was based on Vito Genovese, who introduced large heroin imports to America, not everybody everybody was happy with that, but then the profits showed up "I don't want it sold near schools, or to children, that's for the N*rs and we all get a fair cut, I mean, we aren't Communists😂😂!!!!"

Why would a doctor who gets paid per visit want his patient to get better??? What a dumb question from a quarter century smoker

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭40supple

Out of curiosity… Why did you label Hezbollah “a terrorist organisation”?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Because it is, it is listed as a terrorist group

1/ Why are you answering a question that wasn’t directed at you?

2/ you didn’t even answer my question, to state that others list them as a “terrorist” organization is just hear say (ie) not factual

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

What are you getting at here? What does this have to do with gangland?

• Advertisement

I'm no friend of any organised religiously ruthless extremist organisation, but Hezbollah were the main armed opponents that stopped Israel's illegal occupation of Lebanon

George Galloway is a gigantic tit, and a grifter for anybody who pays, BUT he has had knowledge of the region since he was 12 years old, despit e his grift, this coupons legendary, and shows the hypocrisy when he's asked is not insensitive to say these things while IDF family members are mourning their dead (the Special forces team that got ambushed invading over Lebanon's border)

This was a good interview despite the man himself being a hypocrite, how can we of all people say well they're terrorists because US and UK say they are?? I think they and their affiliates have committed terrorist acts, but I could be talking about many many groups with that description, many not designated terrorists in fact some not designated for purpose (remember the UFF were banned for twenty years before the UDA, and they were the same organisation)

kinda hate posting this charlatan , but he absolutely smashed this one

I don't know mate , sorry, it was just that everything I read about Judges Fate said PIRA, but that doesn't rule out they it was freelance PIRA gunmen looking some last minute cash hired by Hyland. But I,,'m far from an expert of downbeat way, so just vividly remember every time I read on PJ Judge said Provo main suspects

@corner of hells seems to know more facts from the area though, remember what I said about long standing targets?? Provo had a few months of carte Blanche to take out a few boys they wanted badly, sometimes from years, decades ago, helped appease them for the GFA too

It’s totally relevant. Gutter journalists claimed that Hezbollah were involved in the suspected attempted landing of 5T of South American coke in west cork.

A poster claimed they’re a “Terrorist” organisation, my question to him is why he labeled them as such.

is it because the most murderous regimes in the world, The UK & USA do?

Hezbollah are a resistance organization that are resisting the Israeli occupation of the southern part of THEIR country, Hezbollah have 8 members who were voted into the Lebanese parliament.

Ask yourself, if the southern part of Dublin was occupied by the Belgium army and they flooded the area with thousands of Belgium settlers what would you do?

fight against them or hide under your bed?

I state for the record, you cannot be a terrorist while fighting foreign soldiers within your own country who are OCCUPYING Your own country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It is hostile to Israel and Judaeism and has waged a terrorist campaign against it since the Israeli invasion of South Lebanon in 1982. It has a huge military capability - larger than the Lebanese Army itself - and close associations with Iranian revolutionaries. It is a legitimate political force as well, within Lebanon, with numerous members sitting in parliament.

If you could imagine that the Provisional IRA was still in existence here in Ireland and had somehow taken over the running of the entire country with no peace process having occurred. That's what present day Lebanon is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭portlaoisepal

Obviously it’s hostile against the Zionist regime in Israel, Israel occupies southern Lebanon

They wage a military campaign against the occupation of their own territories

For every military action carried out by Hezbollah the Zionist regime has carried out countless war crimes against Lebanon's civilian population and yet you have the audacity to come on here and call those defending their own borders as “terrorists”

Big bloody deal if they cooperate with the Iranian military, what’s your point on that?

The Zionist military and funded and supplied by the American and British military, which are 2 of the biggest militaries in the world who have invaded more countries and responsible for the slaughtered more civilians over the previous 200 years than the rest of the world combined

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Back on topic everyone. We have a separate thread dedicated to the Israel and Hamas war

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Are "The Family" as powerful as the redtop rags make them out to be, maybe they've been around a long time but I never heard of them until a few months ago, do they really have the contacts, men and ambition to take over turf run by Kinahans, they may be dwindling in power and influence on the streets of Ireland but these other lads really have the resources to take a bigger piece of the pie?

• Advertisement

Hezbollah lol

Advertisement