Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

So, young lad gets shot, I'm sure the Guards would have taken his phone to see if they could gleam anything from it? With the COVID restrictions I'm sure he was not allowed any visitors either?

How did he get that phone to make that video?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Dublin city in the rare ould times, blood and feathers on the road, signs that a pigeon had been run over, not any more though.

So, young lad gets shot, I'm sure the Guards would have taken his phone to see if they could gleam anything from it? With the COVID restrictions I'm sure he was not allowed any visitors either?

How did he get that phone to make that video?

He's in St James, and from the area, a lot of his neighbours work there, probably friends and relatives also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Well I just wonder what secret agent they are trying to protect in DUBAI, in the Taghi case.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.crimesite.nl/category/laatste-nieuws/

• Advertisement

Nothing is quite like London. One end of a street is the most affluent place you can imagine and the other end is a complete no go area worse than you can imagine

No extreme will beat that of Vancouver , Gastown is their equivalent of Temple Bar very touristy, safe and clean. If you venture 100m too far East you arrive in East Hastings street , this place is like no other.

The most blatant drug using I have ever seen, I saw some fella injecting a girl in the neck on the footpath (I literally made eye contact with her), you need to watch your step for needles. Tents and rubbish everywhere, its so sad but I could not get over how close it was to pretty much the city centre. Funnily enough you would rarely see them go into Gastown so they were well behaved in this regard.

The video below gives you an idea of what it's like and how close it is to safer areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

Jaysus :eek: Any particular examples come to mind? I've never lived there nor heard this about London but this kind of stuff absolutely fascinates me. I guess it just makes more sense for crime issues to engulf an entire geographical "network" of streets as opposed to being more localised, as surely the gobsh!tes at the dodgy end of the street would infect the rest of it by virtue of scaring away anyone who wasn't comfortable living in close proximity?

Brixton
    Hackney
    Ladbroke Grove
    Shepherd's Bush
    Shoreditch
    Peckham

All a mix of absolute sh!t holes crawling with crime literally a stone's throw from affluent houses and upmarket streets.

benny79 wrote: »
    I wouldn't wear a Canada goose jacket if you paid me! never mind pay €900 + for one. Who ever advertised these to the dealers deserves a metal. They look like the cheap bubble jackets that were out years ago (early 90's) ..lol.. madness that people are paying €900 a pop! drug dealer or not!

I had one around 7-8 years ago when no one even knew what the brand was. Fantastic jacket. I wouldn't wear one now if you paid me.

Same happened to Aquascutum, Burberry & Stone Island when it was overtaken by the football hooligan element in England.

3 great labels now mainly sported by chavs and wannabe hard men.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

He seems a good looking young fella. He should be modelling them Canada Geese coats.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

Eyes1 wrote: »
    Record what you want and photograph what you want off another phone.

Yea there is ways around it but the poster said he couldn't understand the idea of snapchat and I just told him. Plus are the guards standing over lads with phones recording their messages they are ?

• Advertisement

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    Yea there is ways around it but the poster said he couldn't understand the idea of snapchat and I just told him. Plus are the guards standing over lads with phones recording their messages they are ?

You think the cops don't have all these lads added on moody accounts under moody names to monitor them? Come on lad. It's not like these fellas are discrete

In fairness, is this guy known to be a violent thug or is he just selling sh!t? Because the lack of sympathy for KMW was directly related to the fact that stories of his thuggish intimidation of neighbours, particularly an elderly (?) woman whose cat he killed just to break her heart, came out almost immediately after his death.

Not all thugs are drug dealers, and not all drug dealers are thugs. Just my opinion, but I have every sympathy for someone who gets shot provided they weren't involved in the violent crime end of the scale. If they were, though, I for one can never muster the slightest sympathy. Maybe that's just me.

Cant really say exactly what kind of crimes he has committed if any. He might be the friendly type of drug dealer alright though.

You think the cops don't have all these lads added on moody accounts under moody names to monitor them? Come on lad. It's not like these fellas are discrete

Maybe they do they have the private groups amd private story options too tho snapchat is a sticky little app

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    Cant really say exactly what kind of crimes he has committed if any. He might be the friendly type of drug dealer alright though.

Only sold products manufactured from Fair Trade Cocoa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I had one around 7-8 years ago when no one even knew what the brand was. Fantastic jacket. I wouldn't wear one now if you paid me.

Same happened to Aquascutum, Burberry & Stone Island when it was overtaken by the football hooligan element in England.

3 great labels now mainly sported by chavs and wannabe hard men.

The Fred Perry/stone island was a good look,these big jackets they wear makes them look like pregnant ducks,how they run form the cop/rivals in these i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I wouldn't wear a Canada goose jacket if you paid me! never mind pay €900 + for one. Who ever advertised these to the dealers deserves a metal. They look like the cheap bubble jackets that were out years ago (early 90's) ..lol.. madness that people are paying €900 a pop! drug dealer or not!

don't get the hate for them. I've a coat and it's great.
    I'd two at one stage but the jacket had an accident.

they very comfortable.
    It's a terrible shame If I can't spend my earning on a nice coat

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Stooped

paw patrol wrote: »

they very comfortable.

The hate doesn't stem from its functionality, it's that you're automatically portraying yourself as a scrote (and animal rights people also dislike them)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

they very comfortable.

Was it an accident, or an assassination attempt??

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

tipptom wrote: »
    The Fred Perry/stone island was a good look,these big jackets they wear makes them look like pregnant ducks,how they run form the cop/rivals in these i dont know

The stone island were great for having a row in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭benny79

they very comfortable.

For me I think its cause the shiny ones look so cheap yet there €900 large ones plus the fact I dont think I could ever spend €900 on one piece of clothing weather I had it or not. 2/3 hundred be my max on a jacket..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

For me I think its cause the shiny ones look so cheap yet there €900 large ones plus the fact I dont think I could ever spend €900 on one piece of clothing weather I had it or not. 2/3 hundred be my max on a jacket..

Think you might be mixing up moncler with CG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Brixton
    Hackney
    Ladbroke Grove
    Shepherd's Bush
    Shoreditch
    Peckham

All a mix of absolute sh!t holes crawling with crime literally a stone's throw from affluent houses and upmarket streets.

I think Dublin isn't far behind in fairness, though obviously a smaller city so less crime, but it always seemed to me to be **** hole, grand, **** hole, grand etc.

Within each postcode there's serious hot spots and really affluent areas. Except maybe Dublin 1. But D3,4,6,8 stand out. There's not much distance between Portobello and Dolphin's Barn, Donnycarney and Clontarf, Ballybough and Marino, Pearse St. and Merrion Sq, Drimnagh and Harold's Cross. All minutes walk one from the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

In fairness all big cities are the same because of the price of property.

All those areas in London are traditionally ****holes, but the only places anyone could dream of affording property so you get that bit of gentrification going on. A bit like the hipster **** in Stoneybatter and the Liberties.

The real high end addresses in London - Chelsea, Kensington, Chiswick, Primrose Hill etc - you won't see a scrote in sight. Plenty Arabs in Lambos.

I mean Peckham ffs we all know what that was like thanks to Only Fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I think Dublin isn't far behind in fairness, though obviously a smaller city so less crime, but it always seemed to me to be **** hole, grand, **** hole, grand etc.

Within each postcode there's serious hot spots and really affluent areas. Except maybe Dublin 1. But D3,4,6,8 stand out. There's not much distance between Portobello and Dolphin's Barn, Donnycarney and Clontarf, Ballybough and Marino, Pearse St. and Merrion Sq, Drimnagh and Harold's Cross. All minutes walk one from the other.

I'm living in the Liberties, Dublin 8. I love it, it's a great place with a nice community. It's being spoiled somewhat recently with the addition of ridiculous amounts of student accomodation, and hotels, but that's a rant for another day. Plenty of hotspots :D, but I love the area.
    But yeah, it's mad. 10 minutes walk up the road towards Harolds Cross or Rathmines, and it's like you're in a different city.
    Edit: Equally, 10 minutes walk up the road and you're at the likes of Basin Street flats. Not a walk I'd take though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

marley45 wrote: »
    No extreme will beat that of Vancouver , Gastown is their equivalent of Temple Bar very touristy, safe and clean. If you venture 100m too far East you arrive in East Hastings street , this place is like no other.

The most blatant drug using I have ever seen, I saw some fella injecting a girl in the neck on the footpath (I literally made eye contact with her), you need to watch your step for needles. Tents and rubbish everywhere, its so sad but I could not get over how close it was to pretty much the city centre. Funnily enough you would rarely see them go into Gastown so they were well behaved in this regard.

The video below gives you an idea of what it's like and how close it is to safer areas.

I’ve been there twice and it’s insane. It’s literally hamsterdam in the wire

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lunanambuna

Worked in Gastown for 8 years... Too many stories as you probably know yourself!
    marley45 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mrh1974

The stone island were great for having a row in

kayak or canoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Worked in Gastown for 8 years... Too many stories as you probably know yourself!

give us one or two stories for those of us who havnt been there..

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

This. Young lad is a product of his scumbag/useless dad who never worked and set a rotten example. Had he been reared in a house where his father was a worker, it would have been a different scenario. We are all victims of our upbringing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

I was reared in a council house but my parents were the children of farmers. We worked hard and did well with no expectations. How lucky were we? I pity those poor kids in inner city Dublin.

Advertisement