Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Looks like the young lad is going to make it he's posting videos on snapchat

I'm sure this guy thought he was going to make it too!

0e556f889e.jpeg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Showing off his new jacket?

bazermc wrote: »
    Showing off his new jacket?

Are they really genuine goose feathers though?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YogiOg

Are they really genuine goose feathers though?

Yep genuine Canadian geese feathers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Are CG only a Dublin thing or are there loads of 16 year olds wearing them in small towns in Roscommon too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Are CG only a Dublin thing or are there loads of 16 year olds wearing them in small towns in Roscommon too?

Nope. Started in London. It’s UK grime scene/drug dealer clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

No rubbish jackets in Roscommon, all the young crowd wear the finest of sheep skin jackets only.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No, the ones in Roscommon are fake.

Theres enough money in Dublin street dealing for them to drop 800 lids, minimum, on a the genuine article.

For that I'd want it to be bulletproof.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Flashy just ordered a few of these, for himself.

flashy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

The young fella shooting happened up the road from me. Car burnt out up the road opposite direction.
    Overheard an older guy (about 19 😂) last week demanding to know what the young fellas hanging around outside Centra on Cork Street were selling, and where were they from. Can't help thinking the shooting is connected. Could be completely wrong too. Knowing the area I wouldn't be surprised if there was a connection there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Yes they are very common down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just saw that there's little visibly wrong with him by the looks of it. Scar on his neck and a wound on his leg. Not sure I'd be tempting fate by gloating that they thought they'd got me mind you.

Edit - as above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

magherakid wrote: »

Maybe I'm old, but I will never in a million years get the point of Snapchat. Jaysis, just record a single video and WhatsApp/ FB status it instead of 6 second clips spliced together.

An absolutely archaic platform, dunno how it ever took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

Maybe I'm old, but I will never in a million years get the point of Snapchat. Jaysis, just record a single video and WhatsApp/ FB status it instead of 6 second clips spliced together.

An absolutely archaic platform, dunno how it ever took off.

Its for drug dealing because the messages disappear without trace. No record. Couldn't be screenshotted without it being known until lately either and videos can't be recorded or forwarded without it being known so record a video saying I want this blah blah view it and after its gone for good no trace.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Just saw that there's little visibly wrong with him by the looks of it. Scar on his neck and a wound on his leg. Not sure I'd be tempting fate by gloating that they thought they'd got me mind you.

Edit - as above

He is very tough now in his hospital bed its lads like this make you realise why kmw didn't get 100% sympathy same age same attitude portrayed as kids and far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

magherakid wrote: »

Its sad to see a video like that. I know he was probably selling something he shouldn't have been but I can't help thinking after watching that he is destined for failure in his life.. as long as it lasts.
    He feels that the best thing to do is act brave and hard and goad those who shot him. Im sure he must have been traumatised when he was shot... only 17 with no previous convictions. Yet less than 24 hours later he continues on the path he was on and risks further injury or death.
    No easy fix as we all know but its sad to see a youngfellow go down a road where he is destined for failure. Hundreds like him. And the truth is its not all his fault. He's a victim of circumstance if the truth be known.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Only a kid someone needs to protect him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can the Garda intervene because he is 17?
    I mean, I doubt they would get anywhere etc..
    But just wondering if they could.

Suckit wrote: »
    Can the Garda intervene because he is 17?
    I mean, I doubt they would get anywhere etc..
    But just wondering if they could.

Intervene how, chances are this lad is 18 in the next month or in a few months amd then the headline will say 'man' injured in shooting and the public sympathy will halve. Even if he was offered help i daresay he has told a few garda to go **** themselves in his time always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I can't help thinking of Goodfellas.

Spider gets shot in the foot.

Then spider gets patched up and gets up in the face of Tommy, giving it all billy big balls about him shooting him in the foot.

So Tommy shoots him six times in the trunk with a. 45.

And there were no more snapchats from Spider.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    Its for drug dealing because the messages disappear without trace. No record. Couldn't be screenshotted without it being known until lately either and videos can't be recorded or forwarded without it being known so record a video saying I want this blah blah view it and after its gone for good no trace.

Record what you want and photograph what you want off another phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I can't help thinking of Goodfellas.

Spider gets shot in the foot.

Then spider gets patched up and gets up in the face of Tommy, giving it all billy big balls about him shooting him in the foot.

So Tommy shoots him six times in the trunk with a. 45.

And there were no more snapchats from Spider.

Aye god bless America for all this Hollywood garbage, that sadly has made kids into monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

italodisco wrote: »
    Mary Aikenhead House, what a name for a block of flats!

This is interesting though in terms of the localisation thing I mentioned earlier - again, this is early 2010s and I know the whole area seems to have already been undergoing significant social upheaval around this time, but Aikenhead House was directly next door to the Basin Street Flats and there was no comparison. Never heard a peep out of the place.

It's the complex of five or six free-standing blocks further down the street (as opposed to Aikenhead which is a square complex overlooking a central courtyard) which seemed to be the epicentre of nighty shouting matches at the very least and more often than not, violent fights and joyriding, that sort of sh!te - Basin St Upper, on the other hand, the end near Thomas St where Aikenhead House is, was almost freakishly quiet in comparison.

Anyone I know who's moved to Dublin from abroad is usually quite astonished by the utterly minuscule borders between generally agreed as safe areas and generally agreed as rough or dangerous - I haven't lived in other cities, but people from both mainland Europe and the States have commented that the kind of stark culture differences which in Dublin tend to differ from one street to the next (Anthony's Road and Church St being a perfect example, it's like the Bronx and SoHo literally backing on to one another :D ) tend to involve entire post codes in other cities. So in other words, if you're in a place like Basin St, you're going to be walking a loooooooong way before you get to somewhere which has a significantly safer feel to it. Basin St, on the other hand (as well as pretty much every other such area in Dublin that I can think of) is a matter of a two or three minute walk before you feel like you're in a totally different city!

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    He is very tough now in his hospital bed its lads like this make you realise why kmw didn't get 100% sympathy same age same attitude portrayed as kids and far from it.

In fairness, is this guy known to be a violent thug or is he just selling sh!t? Because the lack of sympathy for KMW was directly related to the fact that stories of his thuggish intimidation of neighbours, particularly an elderly (?) woman whose cat he killed just to break her heart, came out almost immediately after his death.

Not all thugs are drug dealers, and not all drug dealers are thugs. Just my opinion, but I have every sympathy for someone who gets shot provided they weren't involved in the violent crime end of the scale. If they were, though, I for one can never muster the slightest sympathy. Maybe that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

This is interesting though in terms of the localisation thing I mentioned earlier - again, this is early 2010s and I know the whole area seems to have already been undergoing significant social upheaval around this time, but Aikenhead House was directly next door to the Basin Street Flats and there was no comparison. Never heard a peep out of the place.

It's the complex of five or six free-standing blocks further down the street (as opposed to Aikenhead which is a square complex overlooking a central courtyard) which seemed to be the epicentre of nighty shouting matches at the very least and more often than not, violent fights and joyriding, that sort of sh!te - Basin St Upper, on the other hand, the end near Thomas St where Aikenhead House is, was almost freakishly quiet in comparison.

Anyone I know who's moved to Dublin from abroad is usually quite astonished by the utterly minuscule borders between generally agreed as safe areas and generally agreed as rough or dangerous - I haven't lived in other cities, but people from both mainland Europe and the States have commented that the kind of stark culture differences which in Dublin tend to differ from one street to the next (Anthony's Road and Church St being a perfect example, it's like the Bronx and SoHo literally backing on to one another :D ) tend to involve entire post codes in other cities. So in other words, if you're in a place like Basin St, you're going to be walking a loooooooong way before you get to somewhere which has a significantly safer feel to it. Basin St, on the other hand (as well as pretty much every other such area in Dublin that I can think of) is a matter of a two or three minute walk before you feel like you're in a totally different city!

Nothing is quite like London. One end of a street is the most affluent place you can imagine and the other end is a complete no go area worse than you can imagine

Nothing is quite like London. One end of a street is the most affluent place you can imagine and the other end is a complete no go area worse than you can imagine

Jaysus :eek: Any particular examples come to mind? I've never lived there nor heard this about London but this kind of stuff absolutely fascinates me. I guess it just makes more sense for crime issues to engulf an entire geographical "network" of streets as opposed to being more localised, as surely the gobsh!tes at the dodgy end of the street would infect the rest of it by virtue of scaring away anyone who wasn't comfortable living in close proximity?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

I wouldn't wear a Canada goose jacket if you paid me! never mind pay €900 + for one. Who ever advertised these to the dealers deserves a metal. They look like the cheap bubble jackets that were out years ago (early 90's) ..lol.. madness that people are paying €900 a pop! drug dealer or not!

• Advertisement

So, young lad gets shot, I'm sure the Guards would have taken his phone to see if they could gleam anything from it? With the COVID restrictions I'm sure he was not allowed any visitors either?

How did he get that phone to make that video?

Advertisement