Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

omigosh.

Am absolutely stunned by the electricity bill.

Without taking into account the FIT, the bill for August and September was just 66 euro. Last year, it was over 150. According to the myenergi app, I have exported about 682kWh back to the grid. Looks like payback for the system will come a lot quicker than I anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

15.1 today best day this month. Previous 3 days were 7s and 8s

• Registered Users Posts: 21,544 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

13kWh today, not bad, batteries at 85% peak and some washing etc done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Deagol

Got the leylandii trimmed right back the other day. - making power a lot longer into the evening now. 16.3 on 7th Oct is good for me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

20.8kWh here in Dublin Fingal. Back to using the plug in oil radiators rather than the gas boiler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

Got 18kwh today and cut down one tree which has started to shade east facing panels so should help a bit, unfortunately I’m using about 60kwh to 70kwh now that the heat pump is heating the house and water

need to do some serious tree trimming before the sun starts dropping even more in the coming months

Unfortunately there are some trees in my neighbours which delay production in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

11.1 out of a 4.4 system. Happy enough as we were out most of the day. No EV as of yet, but herself has one on order for Q1 delivery. We'll be making the most out of the system now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭DC999

EV makes a savage difference (if in the driveway during the day). It's only time we manage to get decent self consumption (as don't have a battery). That said at this time of year it has less spare solar to suck up. But charged largely from solar probably up to late Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭DC999

Hey, are you using up to 70kWh / units a day now? Average house uses 12 a day re Bonkers (4500 a year and that would be more in Winter, but we're still only in autumn with very mild temps). And for an EV add maybe 8 more (based on 15kms a year) - rough figure of course. So your heatpump (or that and something else) is using a wild amount of juice. It's deffo worth you while to see what's sucking all that. Maybe worth your while to jump onto the heatpump thread and give it a read. I don't have one myself.

Per month you're using what we use in 9 months (but we use gas for heating and cooking so that needs to get added on top of course). But we're fine at mo with small oil filled (electric) radiators so the gas is not on. Granted we've a small house and small usage. Not gloating, just giving a comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I have a pal that put a HP in last year - and hes up around 100kWh per day. tis unreal tbh. Consider my usage high enough at 7/8000kWh with oil and no EV. Hes planning on deploying solar - but from the same company he got the HP from. 🤐

I have to admit id like to keep improving my BER and moving to newer greener cleaner tech... but that sounds like a nightmare to me. Im just not convinced that they always work for everyone.

• Advertisement

I'm out in the caravan the last 3 days. (Covid) Stuck on the heater at 500w so I wouldn't freeze to death overnight.

Nearly had a stroke when I checked it this morning. Its amazing how stingy one gets when they have solar. Ironically enough when I was paying for all electricity I never looked at the meter from ine end of the year to the other. Now that it's free for a large portion, I'm watching it like an Eagle turning anything off that practically not life saving equipment

Nailed it. I feel seen and all that lol. I am hoping heading into year 2 i ease up a bit and let the chips fall where they may.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

Are they charging a couple of EVs every night as well? They'd have to be to hit that usage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yeah I'd agree.

I was looking at the specs of some heat pumps and a 10kw one draws about 3kw.

Running all the time 24hrs is about 72kw.

What are people's average daily oil use? Or gas use? Or monthly?

Don't get too hung up on the ber.

The heat source is a big player in it, eg if you have an oil boiler it's only rated at 60 odd %

If you have a heatpump the default value is 250%. So that affects the ber.

If you have solar and a heatpump, solar counts for more too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

There's something wrong there. Either he has given you the wrong figures, or there's more to it than what he says. Misconfigured Heat pump etc. Sure that's like €25/day in leccie. You couldn't maintain that. €2,000 or so for a two monthly bill?

Thiswas a while ago.... before the huge rises. It caught his attention when a two monthly hit 600. At .10 a unit that's about right.

I know he looked into it, so hopefully it got fixed...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

probably be lucky to hit 2.5kw today. But on the plus side, mostly consumed, only 4kw bought. And tomorrow looks good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

long showers today, house clean, double dinner cooking, both EVs on the driveway and pure muck, eases off tomorrow so of course it looks good, still...I'll take it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 viewofthehill

We have an A2W heat pump running for the last two and a half years. During the months of December and January we see values of 120 kWh a day, 3600 per month on the heat pump but that is Energy produced. Can't get a consumption figure but our most expensive two monthly bill has been just under €500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 viewofthehill

Heat generated. The manual shows a consumed option in the menus but none that I can find on the controls.

Dec 20 - Jan 21 Bill of €490, 3231 kWh (1873 day, 1358 night), production on the heat pump was 3650 kWh for January, no figure for December

Dec 21 - Jan 22 €457, 2728 kWh (1624, 1104), 2790 Dec, 3043 Jan

4.3 kw today. Worst day since install.

None the less, its 4.3kw I didn't buy off the ESB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Hit 2.6kWh today, battery barely got above 50%.

Ah that's reasonable

If cop of 3 it would be 40kwh of electric

If cop of 4 it would be 30kwh of electric

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

3kWh today, howler of a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Deagol

9 Oct - 3.9kWh, 6.1kW S / WSW system - West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

4.6kwh yesterday, and the bulk of that was in late afternoon when the sun finally came out.

It's really up and down this month, looking at the stats, almost as many days like yesterday as decent (no great days anymore) days. Already seeing consumption shooting ahead of production with more tellingly, grid imports increasing to an avg of 4 units a day compared to 0-2 all summer, and with the electric heaters in the home offices now on for the winter schedule, those energy credits going to be getting a bashing this month already.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,544 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

3.5kWh yesterday, worst day since install. Thanks to some good generation the days before we didnt run out of battery (just!), but I scheduled some topup from the grid last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Today and tomorrow are fairly decent according to Met Eireann.

But your right Paul. You can see the slow general trend downwards though over the last six weeks above. The equinox (sept 22nd) the time of highest daily change in general daylight hours, so even though we're getting well into winter, the rate of change is slowing, if that's the only positive to take.

Still though, even a complete blue skies today will only have me producing ~12Kwhr or so. I miss my 30+ days, where I exported a lot (and didn't get paid for it)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Today is a good day

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement