Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any credible conspiracy theories?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Quiner wrote: »
    It's not crazy to believe that Irish people could soon need a green light to do almost anything when such a scenario is presented as a possibility in the promo video for the health passport that is being trialed as we speak.
    It is 'could' and 'a possibility' at the moment, but, if it were to come to pass, how would you feel about needing a green light to flash on your phone to be able to do anything in your own country?

It is crazy. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It is crazy. Sorry.

What's crazy is what has happened in the last few months.

An underground "free market" in which businesses trade in secret. Recognisable to me because I have some knowledge of Soviet social history, and Germany and Austria in the period 1945-47.

Drone surveillance in Greece and Australia. Unknown outside of sci-fi films and TV series.

Many other examples, perhaps I will write a longer post later. These are not routine features of 'pandemic management'.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Yes, fires were triggered on multiple stories in WTC 7 when it was hit by debris from WTC 1 collapsing. Steel is vulnerable to fire, which is why it's often cladded in fireproofing, and fires of 600c can cause steel to weaken over 50%, in WTC those burned throughout the day.

Are you claiming something else occurred, if so, what is it?

There maybe some truth in your claim

But why do so many eyewitnesses including firemen/ women say they heard explosions at the base of the towers shortly after the planes hit?

Surely, the fuel was still at the upper levels as it has to burn it's way through all the floors over time before arriving to the groundfloor

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Originally Posted by tonysopprano View Post
    Spreads twice as fast, but only to Brits. Again, are we seeing people drop dead in the streets (remember Wuhan and Italy). Who controls the tests?... the same people that control the lock-downs. A PCR test CAN BE MANIPULATED to give THE RESULT YOU WANT. The same test at 30 cycles comes back NEGATIVE, but at 40 cycles, it comes back POSITIVE.

Remember, they want to install FEAR in the populace, inject you with a saline/placebo vaccine, tell you it works (by manipulating the test results) and a month or two later tell you about a new strain, and lock you down for life.

How many people here can ACTUALLY relay a story of ANYONE who died from covid, that did not have underlying issues nor was (excuse the phrase) at end of life, anyway.

For the few that will fight me on the above, in an average year, how many people die from no reason or who should not be expected to die?

Is this year any different than any of the last 10 years? or is it all a scam/plan?

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

growleaves wrote: »
    What's crazy is what has happened in the last few months.

An underground "free market" in which businesses trade in secret. Recognisable to me because I have some knowledge of Soviet social history, and Germany and Austria in the period 1945-47.

Drone surveillance in Greece and Australia. Unknown outside of sci-fi films and TV series.

Many other examples, perhaps I will write a longer post later. These are not routine features of 'pandemic management'.

Okay, look forward to hearing about this stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Quiner wrote: »
    I'm just going by the promo video. It shows the different places Health Passport Ireland could be used for. It's not crazy to believe that Irish people could soon need a green light to do almost anything when such a scenario is presented as a possibility in the promo video for the health passport that is being trialed as we speak.

It is 'could' and 'a possibility' at the moment, but, if it were to come to pass, how would you feel about needing a green light to flash on your phone to be able to do anything in your own country?

It is on the crazy side & I am sure it would contravene many parts of the constitution.

40.4.1 No citizen shall be deprived of his personal liberty save in accordance with law.

40.6.2 The right of the citizens to assemble peaceably and without arms.

Provision may be made by law to prevent or control meetings which are determined in accordance with law to be calculated to cause a breach of the peace or to be a danger or nuisance to the general public and to prevent or control meetings in the vicinity of either House of the Oireachtas.

So laws will need to be enacted to limited where people can go & meet up.

This is just a very quick look. I am sure there would need to be a raft of laws approved for any restrictions can be permanently implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It is on the crazy side & I am sure it would contravene many parts of the constitution.

40.4.1 No citizen shall be deprived of his personal liberty save in accordance with law.

Provision may be made by law to prevent or control meetings which are determined in accordance with law to be calculated to cause a breach of the peace or to be a danger or nuisance to the general public and to prevent or control meetings in the vicinity of either House of the Oireachtas.

This is just a very quick look. I am sure there would need to be a raft of laws approved for any restrictions can be permanently implemented.

did i read about a lad from mayo getting 2 months jail for mask violation on a bus

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

enno99 wrote: »
    did i read about a lad from mayo getting 2 months jail for mask violation on a bus

NO. Was convicted under Public Order offence (for saying he would get off the F0CKING bus), because they could not get him under any other legislation as NOT WEARING A MASK ON A BUS is NOT ILLEGAL, just mandatory, which is not against the law, just required.

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

Originally Posted by tonysopprano View Post
    Spreads twice as fast, but only to Brits. Again, are we seeing people drop dead in the streets (remember Wuhan and Italy). Who controls the tests?... the same people that control the lock-downs. A PCR test CAN BE MANIPULATED to give THE RESULT YOU WANT. The same test at 30 cycles comes back NEGATIVE, but at 40 cycles, it comes back POSITIVE.

Remember, they want to install FEAR in the populace, inject you with a saline/placebo vaccine, tell you it works (by manipulating the test results) and a month or two later tell you about a new strain, and lock you down for life.

How many people here can ACTUALLY relay a story of ANYONE who died from covid, that did not have underlying issues nor was (excuse the phrase) at end of life, anyway.

For the few that will fight me on the above, in an average year, how many people die from no reason or who should not be expected to die?

Is this year any different than any of the last 10 years? or is it all a scam/plan?

Whatever about dying of it, I don't know a single person who's had it. Maybe someone I know had it and just didn't realise they had it.

That's what I meant about a bogus test. I keep hearing about 97% false positives. Put it into Twitter and there are threads galore about how the PCR test is a dud and is being used to ramp up the numbers. It's hard to know what to believe.

Would anyone have noticed there was a pandemic in Ireland were it not for the media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Health Passport Ireland could fall under "save in accordance with law". And they'd get around the right of people to assemble peaceably by allowing people to assemble peaceably outside.

I wouldn't put it past this government to introduce the green, orange and red lights to Ireland. But I don't believe they're making the decisions. I believe Schwab is. But that's another story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

antgal23 wrote: »
    But why do so eyewitnesses including firemen/ women say they heard explosions at the base of the towers shortly after the planes hit?
    You tell us?
    What's the conspiracy claim?

antgal23 wrote: »
    There maybe some truth in your claim

But why do so many eyewitnesses including firemen/ women say they heard explosions at the base of the towers shortly after the planes hit?

People including firefighters heard loud sounds and stuff exploding throughout the day. A building on fire creates a lot of noise and bangs; gas canisters exploding, transformers popping, lifts falling down shafts, etc

If you have a coherent conspiracy explanation as to what alternatively happened on that day, let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

So if you believe all this stuff is happening, what are you doing to prepare for the coming totalitarian occupation?

What's the relevance of that question?

People including firefighters heard loud sounds and stuff exploding throughout the day. A building on fire creates a lot of noise and bangs; gas canisters exploding, transformers popping, lifts falling down shafts, etc

If you have a coherent conspiracy explanation as to what alternatively happened on that day, let us know

There's a big difference between a "loud noise" and an explosion. Lifts falling down shafts :pac:. How does that work exactly?

There's a big difference between a "loud noise" and an explosion. Lifts falling down shafts :pac:. How does that work exactly?
    Loud sudden noises can sound like him exlplosions.

And things tend to fall down wards.

What's the alternative again?

There's a big difference between a "loud noise" and an explosion.
    Lifts falling down shafts :pac:. How does that work exactly?

It falls down the shaft and makes an loud noise when it slams into the bottom, which can sound like an explosion, it's not hard to understand. A crane dropped a small metal skip near where I work and it was one of the loudest sounds I've ever heard, before we found out what it was a lot of coworkers assumed it was an explosion, because that's what it sounded like

Is there a coherent conspiracy explanation or is this more of your incredulity?

It falls down the shaft and makes an loud noise when it slams into the bottom, which can sound like an explosion, it's not hard to understand. A crane dropped a small metal skip near where I work and it was one of the loudest sounds I've ever heard, before we found out what it was a lot of coworkers assumed it was an explosion, because that's what it sounded like

Oh boy...now we are entering Hollywood Action Movie territory.

Lifts/elevators cannot fall...well they can. ONE did. The only recorded incident was the one that fell in the Empire State when it was struck by a bomber in 1945.

If you cut the cable suspending the car then ratchets at the side of the lift cabin (held in place by the tension of the suspending cable), spring out and lock into graduations that are installed all down the lift shaft. The thing just stops there. Friction from the runners also prevents freefall. Finally, the air in the shaft, were the cabin to just drop would compress and slow the thing down like the plunger in a bicycle pump.

As you say, it's not hard to understand. Your knowledge of the mechanics of lifts is as wanting as your knowledge of the combustibility of paper, it seems.

Maybe these were magic lifts like the magic passport.

Lifts/elevators cannot fall...well they can. ONE did. The only recorded incident was the one that fell in the Empire State when it was struck by a bomber in 1945.
    So the only time an elevator fell was when a building was hit by a plane?
    Maybe these were magic lifts like the magic passport.
    Something which you've failed to explain btw.
    You keep running away from that point. Weird you'd bring it back up.

So multiple lifts slamming to the ground, overriding their safety mechanisms, etc., is your explanation for explosions heard by people?

Is that your stance? Lifts all dropped down and caused an unmerciful bang that could be construed as an explosion?

I guess that firefighters couldn't tell the difference between a would-be lift cascading Earthwards, were that even possible, and an explosion....yet you could.

Is your next retort "What's the conspiracy, here?" ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Trade Tower conspiracies are the worst ever, pure drivel.

The only scope I give them, is that it is possible that the US Hawks were aware of some sort of terrorist attack, which they were hoping to use as an excuse to invade Iraq, I think that is plausible.

But dropping 2 skyscrapers was never part of the plan, absolute garbage. The Hawks were hoping for a car bomb on Time Square or something similar.

• Advertisement

So multiple lifts slamming to the ground, overriding their safety mechanisms, etc., is your explanation for explosions heard by people?

Is that your stance? Lifts all dropped down and caused an unmerciful bang that could be construed as an explosion?
    According to you, the only time this has happened before was when a plane hit a building.
    Contrary to a lot of conspiracy theorists who claim otherwise, planes hit some buildings on 9/11.
    I guess that firefighters couldn't tell the difference between a would-be lift cascading Earthwards, were that even possible, and an explosion....yet you could.
    Which firefighters said "I heard demolition charges going off"?
    Do they not know what demolition charges are?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Trade Tower conspiracies are the worst ever, pure drivel.

The only scope I give them, is that it is possible that the US Hawks were aware of some sort of terrorist attack, which they were hoping to use as an excuse to invade Iraq, I think that is plausible.

But dropping 2 skyscrapers was never part of the plan, absolute garbage. The Hawks were hoping for a car bomb on Time Square or something similar.

You're absolutely right.

I was just laughing at the possibility that explosions could be confused with lifts plummeting to the ground.

Everything else makes sense.

I was just laughing at the possibility that explosions could be confused with lifts plummeting to the ground.
    Again, you debunked yourself on this.
    Lifts can fall. The seem to fall when a building experiences a lot of damage from something like a plane crashing into it.

And again, this was just one of many explanations you had explained to you. You ignored all of these to try and mock one particular one. This backfired a bit.

And on top of that you once again are unwilling and unable to provide the conspiracy explanation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You're absolutely right.

Everything else makes sense.

I would say a collapsing Skyscraper make a lot of noise. Cranking RSJ's would echo and sound like a plethora of different things.

Oh boy...now we are entering Hollywood Action Movie territory.

Yet again, you can't believe it so it didn't happen. Once again, you are contradicted by the facts
    The World Trade Center had one of the world's great elevator systems — 198 of the
    biggest, fastest elevators ever built. On the morning of Sept. 11, this technological
    marvel turned against the people who worked there. USA TODAY estimates that at
    least 200 people died inside World Trade Center elevators, the biggest elevator
    catastrophe in history. Some people plunged to their deaths after elevator cables were
    destroyed by the hijacked jets that crashed into the buildings. Others burned to death
    as flames shot down shafts. And some who were trapped inside stalled elevators died
    when the buildings collapsed.

https://www.highrisefirefighting.co.uk/docs/ttlifts.pdf

Elevator accident in 2000.
    Others described the crash as sounding like a horrendous “boom.”

People “thought it was a bomb,” said Kim Dunlap, a receptionist on the 100th floor. “It rocked the building. There’s never a dull moment at the World Trade Center.”
    https://nypost.com/2000/08/12/8-hurt-as-trade-center-elevator-rams-ceiling-12-rescued-from-78th-floor-disaster/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Well, there's this thing called gravity...

Again, there were a lot of loud noises that "sounded like explosions" and also explosions happening inside the building
    Investigators heard additional reports that some elevators "slammed right down" to the ground floor in loud violent crashes. The doors cracked open on the lobby floor and flames came out and people died", says James Quintiere, an engineering professor at the University of Maryland and a NIST adviser. A similar observation was made by Jules and Gedeon Naudet. On the day of the attacks, the French brothers were making a documentary about Tony Benetatos, a rookie NY City firefighter blocks from the WTC. Benetatos became one of the first responders to the N Tower. As Jules Naudet followed him into the lobby, minutes after the first aircraft struck, the filmmaker saw victims on fire, a scene he found too horrific to record.
    Elevator shafts worked like chimneys, funneling unbearable smoke to floors above the crashes. The shafts also channeled burning jet fuel throughout both towers. Fire moved not only up and down but also side to side, from shaft to shaft, unleashing explosions in elevator lobbies and in restrooms next to the shafts.

https://sites.google.com/site/911stories/descriptionsofjetfueldispersioninthetowe

To sum up

Conspiracy claim: People heard explosions, therefore WTC 1, 2 and 7 were "blown up".

Explanation: People did hear explosions because stuff inside the buildings was exploding, they also heard loud noises and booms that sounded like explosions.

There's no evidence whatsoever that the buildings were "blown up" or demolished in a controlled demolition.

• Advertisement

To sum up

Conspiracy claim: People heard explosions, therefore WTC 1, 2 and 7 were "blown up".
    And again, theorists ignore the fact that their claim contradicts their other claims.
    As demolitions using explosives don't sound like what they're saying the tower's sounded like. None of the witnesses they are holding up as infallible experts ever say anything like "I hear demolition charges."

And in some cases, they contradict in completely hilarious ways like those who believe in silent explosives/thermite also claiming that people hear explosions.

Advertisement