Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI Racing News/Results 2020 (Spoiler Alert)

Options

Comments

Morkov has been his lead out man all year.

Pre-Covid races he had both, post just Morkov I think? Could be wrong. Actually Archbold was there for Milan Torino too. Was Morkov last man in most of those, I'm thinking he was.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Was he not there at veulta a burgos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Pre-Covid races he had both, post just Morkov I think? Could be wrong. Actually Archbold was there for Milan Torino too. Was Morkov last man in most of those, I'm thinking he was.

Archibold was the last man for Milan-Torino because I remember Sam losing his wheel in the last kilometre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Ladies european cship race today was class. Kind of glossed over by the tour launch. Avv World and European champion. Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

lennymc wrote: »
    Ladies european cship race today was class. Kind of glossed over by the tour launch. Avv World and European champion. Class.

Saw a little live yesterday and sat down and watched the last 25km last night, it was savage racing, you have to hand it to AVV, she turned herself inside out to win but all 4 ladies in the break were stellar on the day.

• Advertisement

One from last week I hadn't seen the finish for is the Brussels Cycling Classic , check out the finish by Nacer Bouhanni :eek:

10 km remaining in Stage 1 of Tirreno-Adriatico. Live coverage on Eurosport/GCN

10 km remaining in Stage 1 of Tirreno-Adriatico. Live coverage on Eurosport/GCN

That was some finish

EDIT: Here's the finish, Quigley is working for FloBikes now?

The smile on Gaviria's face there after the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Dunbar out with broken collarbone

neris wrote: »
    Dunbar out with broken collarbone

FFS wasn't he due to ride the Giro too? Was only half watching so didn't see him crash. He did manage to finish from the looks of the result sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Thats very disappointing, I hadn't realised it was that serious as it was an almost innocuous looking accident (often they cause the most damage). He was showing well up to that point and was chasing with the Van der Poel group to get back on after the race broke up on a steep 'muro'.

You can see Eddie crash here at about the 2 minute mark, looked to be straight back up and on. Goes to show how easily you can get done in from a fall.

That's horrendous luck for Eddie :(

Its three weeks to the Giro... he could still be on the startlist

Giro Rosa highlights at 21:30 on Europsort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Geraint Thomas quietly going about his business in Italy. Looks good for a podium in the Giro, at least. Froome fell apparently, though he's shown nothing of note this week.

From yesterdays Giro Rosa, some had serious issues with traction and wheel spin over this. I think I'm with her on this re: sections like this in stage races.

https://twitter.com/AvVleuten/status/1305050214844305408

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Yates hangs on by 12 seconds to hold off 2nd place Geriant Thomas in Tirreno Adriatica's final 10km ITT stage.

Felt for Marc Cavendish in Luxembourg today , mechanical with 4km to go shouting into his radio and has to take a shimano neutral bike, camera showed him hammering the saddle to lower it so he could get on a bike probably 2 sizes too big for him. Don't think he'd have been competing but think he'd have been assisting which he did well for Phil Bauhaus earlier this year.

Nice 3rd place finish for young Ben Healy in a 2.2 race in France today.

• Advertisement

Annemiek van Vleuten and Marian Vos crashed today, finished the stage but are now being assessed in hospital. Could have a huge impact on the Giro Rosa which Annemiek was leading. Rumours Annemiek has a broken wrist, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Nice 3rd place finish for young Ben Healy in a 2.2 race in France today.

2nd according to cqranking?

https://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=37549

Dodge wrote: »

So he did, they've adjusted that since I posted earlier.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Annemiek van Vleuten and Marian Vos crashed today, finished the stage but are now being assessed in hospital. Could have a huge impact on the Giro Rosa which Annemiek was leading. Rumours Annemiek has a broken wrist, sadly.

Annemiek has abandoned, confirmed to be with a broken wrist. Huge blow to her season has you'd have had to fancy her for the worlds too.

Annemiek has abandoned, confirmed to be with a broken wrist. Huge blow to her season has you'd have had to fancy her for the worlds too.

Very sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Yeah, just read that now. Shame for Van Vleuten as she looked certain to pick up another Giro. The womens races are entertaining but you don't want the crashes taking out the best.

Vos is probably favourite for the Worlds now if she isn't too badly hurt by her crash.

Just watched the highlights there, terrible to see her ride in with only her right hand on the bars, Vos slowing to pat her on the back and talk to her. It was a touch of wheels coming into the final, Vos went down first and the pile up ensued behind.

Dani Row wasn't on commentary tonight so hopefully she's had the baby, think she was well over due from what she said the other day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

The UCI 'highlights' on the Giro Rosa Stage 7 is an absolute disgrace. I absolutely abhor the tone of the commentary- the commentator sounds like they're narrating a childrens' TV programme, and they're on a heap of women's UCI racing highlights :mad: which is irritating (there was an amazing woman on the coverage before, I\m not sure where she's gone, but she knew about the riders and the sport, instead of this asinine rambling)- but the highlights failed to mention AVV's broken wrist, Amanda S's severe concussion - things I could only find out about on twitter :mad: and I'm sure there's a heap more i have missed.

That and the fact that the shytty 4-5min highlights package is billed as 'full coverage' by the UCI (on their youtube channel :rolleyes:) really 'highlights' what they really think about women's racing.
    /rage

It's been fantastic, from what I have been able to see!

It was Dani Rowe was on the Giro commentary until this happened :P

https://twitter.com/Dani_Rowe_MBE/status/1307034554545434625

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

It was Dani Rowe was on the Giro commentary until this happened :P

https://twitter.com/Dani_Rowe_MBE/status/1307034554545434625

Ha ha excellent! The dynasty continues!

Advertisement