Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Junior Revolut Account

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I cannot believe I didn't see that. Never spotted the 4 dots! Thanks Mimikyu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Revolut Junior now supports Apple Pay. Did anyone manage to get this up and running? Every time I add the Revolut Junior card to the Apple Pay Wallet, I get an error after agreeing to the T&Cs with a message error "Contact Card Provider for support"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

This is news to me, i must try it later. I'll let you know how i get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

Need to be over 12 for Apple to allow use of Apple Pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Is it over 12 or 16, my son 15 tried to add it to Apple wallet but said he must be over 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My son's card expired so I tried to add the new one to his Play account which initially seemed to go OK (using the temp hold/code process) until I then tried to rename it to differentiate it from his mother's card. Now Google want ID docs to verify it which obviously would be in my name as the card is linked to my account even though it's in his name.

Seems like a mess for something so simple! No easy way I can see to contact them either.

If I set him up with a virtual card from my own app that'll presumably work, but half the point was to give him his own app/fund/card to manage and teach him.

Anyone run into anything like this and how did you resolve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I checked, it’s over 16 or over for Ireland. Revolut claims the restriction is with Apple i.e. it depends on the age specified in the AppleID being used. However, I tried using an AppleID with a Revolut card with an AppleID over the age of 16 and it doesn’t work, it seems to cross check the age tied with the Revolut card itself. The Add card option does appear in Apple Pay whereas it was previously greyed out, but when you get to the agree to T&Cs page, you get an error asking you to contact your card provider. Real bummer for. A Revolut junior can use their physical card but cannot use Apple Pay for contactless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

The digital age of consent in Ireland is 16. Most of the EU is 13 but our geniuses decided on 16 with little or no understanding of the consequences.

It is a pure disaster as for example I had to create a new Google account for my teen child (14) to be able to use her phone or tablet with her school account. He/she couldn't even use YouTube Music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Just to let you all know the €40 per month limit is gone now for standard accounts. Very handy at birthday times, family revolut me money for the kids and I send it on to their card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Tried to add the card to apple wallet and it is indeed over 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sweet (I managed to get the new card added in the end after just waiting for 24 hours?) so my little fella is happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭jacool

My son got a phone, but his payments on Junior Revolut are linked to my phone.

Does anyone know if this can be changed for his one? I'm going through all settings and not seeing anything.

TIA

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭feelings

It appears you can create a Junior account with any name you like. No validation checks are done to verify the name.

Advertisement