Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Great pot on the black.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Holy moly brave pot from Fordy. He still looks fragile to me but 3-0 is a nice lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,245 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Well done Ford, jayus that could be crucial. Face of Trump when he caught the knuckle was gas.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Judd butchered the last frame but most of his misses have been tough pots. He needs to put a frame on the board to settle himself but with Ford missing many himself Judd will get plenty of chances.

Judd still 1/2 favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I agree with your point that snooker does not need a crowd (only 980 max anyway) which is why I thought it would be OK without a crowd. Plus the crowd has to be quiet most of the time anyway!
    However, I think the criticism of Hamilton is correct as it seemed very last minute.

Id expect that he went through the qualifiers and pulled out at the very last minute as he expected the crowds not to be there. Its crazy in my opinion that there are crowds present for this.

I think Judd wont be unduly worried at 1-3 at the msi. Ford just doesn't fill me with confidence. I make Judd firm favourite to win the match.

I think Judd wont be unduly worried at 1-3 at the msi. Ford just doesn't fill me with confidence. I make Judd firm favourite to win the match.

Yeah Ford will keep giving him chances. He seems very nervous and not great on the long shots as well. All Trump has to do is wait for Ford's mistakes.

Nice to tribute to Willie Thorne on BBC there by his old pal John Virgo who is watching the snooker from Spain.

BBC already gone over to red button option which i dont have so now it's over to the annoying Joe Johnson on Eurosport.

Judd warming up nicely.

• Advertisement

Excellent break to see Ford go 4-2 in front. Very entertaining opening match.

Crowds set to be banned again!

Whats this about Boris Johnson banning crowds at sport again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yeah looks like crowds will be out from tomorrow. Question will be do they let Hamilton back in? Strange days indeed as the man once sang.

It's a pity...even the few that are there now make it seem 'normal'. Back to the ghostly silence after a good shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Whats this about Boris Johnson banning crowds at sport again?

There was an easing of restrictions due to start tomorrow, including pilot schemes for small crowds at indoor events. These have been put on hold for two further weeks.
    Unknown as yet how it might affect this event which was under the pilot scheme but obviously started a day early.

Where did Ford get those two breaks from a 140 and an 80? If Ronnie got that 140 people would be raving over it. Still think when gets near the end Ford will feel the pressure.

They could make an exception for snooker maybe. Seems unlikely and would be controversial but dont bother making predictions when it comes to this uk government, more u turns than ronnie osullivan outbursts it seems to me.

zuutroy wrote: »
    It's a pity...even the few that are there now make it seem 'normal'. Back to the ghostly silence after a good shot.

I find myself clapping when there is that silence. Feel like they deserve encouragement!:D

Where did Ford get those two breaks from a 140 and an 80? If Ronnie got that 140 people would be raving over it. Still think when gets near the end Ford will feel the pressure.

In around black with open reds and he's lethal enough, otherwise i dont get huge impression he's got great belief in himself. But Judds got to win frames too or else he lets him get away from him. Interesting match.

• Advertisement

5-2 up and in the balls and Trump still favourite with bookies!

In around black with open reds and he's lethal enough, otherwise i dont get huge impression he's got great belief in himself. But Judds got to win frames too or else he lets him get away from him. Interesting match.

I just looked Tom Ford up there on wiki you are right. Is a heavy scorer when he gets in.Did not realise he got two 147's this year made 5 in his career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Ford_(snooker_player)

I just looked Tom Ford up there on wiki you are right. Is a heavy scorer when he gets in.Did not realise he got two 147's this year made 5 in his career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Ford_(snooker_player)

He's No.6 on all time 147 break list which i heard one of lads on bbc roll out earlier. Reminds me a bit of Tony Meo back in the day.

5-4 or 6-3. Huge last session frame this.

Very disappointing with the news there will be no more crowd in attendance. And the day had started off so well with this match. Bit of a dampener. And cruel on the fans that had bought tickets and hotels for the weekends games.

The missed blue in last frame was unforgiveable by Ford. He had a great chance to really squeeze the life out of Judd and go 6-2 in front. The top players would have made Judd suffer. He seems a funny sort of player does Fordy. Can be lovely break builder and nice smooth cue action but misses far too many easy balls to be a top player. I suppose consistency and belief are his downfall.

Another shocking miss from Ford. Probably the worst of them all. A simple pink off the spot. Again, unforgiveable.

Another shocking miss from Ford. Probably the worst of them all. A simple pink off the spot. Again, unforgiveable.

Likely Trump is going to punish him in the first evening session now. Ford will only have himself to blame if he loses the match.

There's always a reason why guys like Ford arent higher in the rankings than they are. Think we're seeing it here. Trump been awful really but has been let out of jail big time.

• Advertisement

I notice that Carty fella in the Bingham match wears normal small glasses. Surprised he does not end up looking over them when on the shot. Is 4-3 now. Has the feel of a 10-9 to it.

Advertisement