Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

O'Shea telling Ken to give up the fags is new audio bed material and the sort of nugget that keeps me subscribed 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I'm fairness, they do work weekends. Also i don't think it's a hard and fast Fridays are off, there's definitely been some friday shows that couldn't have existed without the Thursday events. This week they had two perfect shows to stick out on a Friday and they chose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Simon constantly referring to "Gatty" needs to stop...bad enough the rugby analysts using the nicknames, we don't need the presenting team to do it as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

True and I wouldn't begrudge them it at all. The Friday episode is always a bit of a wildcard as you never really know what topic it will about which keeps it interesting

Post edited by siblers on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,962 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Finally caught up on the movie podcast... i'm not sure i need to hear Branno talk about anything other than LOI tbh. He ended up mostly just making big blunt comments that missed the point, and taking airtime from Ken.

As for their suggestion that the film should've spent more time fleshing out the other brothers rather than just Efron's - I think (much like removing one brother) that was just done to spare us from unrelenting misery and to try to find at least some tonal balance. It's a harrowing enough watch without it pulling you deeper into each of these characters, before killing them off one by one. It works better as it is, experiencing everything through the sole survivor's point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I more and more think that delete unlistened is the way to go.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

And to round the week off, a great quarter-final draw for the CL. Miguel does not miss with his horribly incorrect and mis-timed opinions.

Couldn't give a shiny shíte given that my team's not in it, and most others couldn't either, despite all the hype.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭bren2001

I would have thought most people would say the CL hasn’t been great in a number of years.

2 games in the last round were crackers but it’s just 2 games.

You seem to disagree with what most of SC says. Maybe it’s time to find a new pod.

• Advertisement

Hey Rebel, you forgot to use spoiler warning 😛

(Like pretty much everyone I imagine, I'd no idea who they were so had to look them up so no it wasn't a spoiler, and I've no intention of watching the film anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

And all of them too cowardly to go to town on Paul O' Connell's coaching skills.

"Shaggy's" attempt at a critique was laughable.

Looking forward to hearing how the lads try to reconcile this weekend of soccer with their ‘Boring FA Cup’ mantra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Football fans would.

Thankfully I don't need to have "my team" in a competition to care about it.

Why do you listen if all you do is disagree?

It’s not as if you discuss it either. You just post your daily opinion and move on. No respect. No honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

No podcast today is a shameful and hostile act.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,359 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I mean...

To be fair, was released late enough in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I would argue football fans are less and less interested in anything that looks likely to be won by football's Lance Armstrong again.

• Advertisement

Ha, i thought about that alright, but figured it was ok since it was only discussing stuff they explicitly mentioned on the pod - speaking of which, they should probably give out a spoilers warning themselves before breaking into plot-points!

Did anyone watch that other 'Scout' thing? Seems a weird one to have done a review on, and their talk about it after didn't seem to offer any real justification for it, beyond it existing. I watched the first 10 minutes and then kinda zoned out, went and did something else, and just never came back to it. Kev going off on a tangent about the mythologised role of a scout, in general, was interesting enough at least.

Is this Szmodics lad well in the head to be choosing to play for us willingly

Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Still Ill

He's 28 and was playing for Peterborough before he joined Blackburn. If he was in his early 20s and in this kinda form he might be more hesitant to commit to us.

I've watched a decent amount of him this season and he's been really impressive. Very good finisher and calm in front of goal. Delighted he's finally getting a chance for us. Just the kinda player we need.

Very nice to have an experienced head coming in too. We've a huge over-reliance on youth in most positions, so having a lad in that peak-age range joining up is much needed.

Carlsey with the very public flat no to the FAI today. More egg on the face of the executive in a manager search that is reaching biblical proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Who could be the new manager? Contract coming to an end and can be announced in April. It points to Poyet or Willie Sagnol. Who else could it be?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Gurban obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭jones

Has to be Anthony Barry at this stage really doesn't it?

Theres no real egg on anyones face. They said they're announcing in early April and they cant announce earlier for contractual reasons. Theres only egg on their face if it transpires that they thought they were getting Carsley. We don't know that yet. Wait until early April before mocking them at the very least.

You're very quick with the controversial takes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

No, he’s contracted to Portugal and Bayern Munich so I would put him down as a huge long shot.

Advertisement