Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Trump Announces 'Patriotic Education' Commission, A Largely Political Move

Absolutely awful stuff that will hopefully have no real effect whatsoever. There's little difference between a nonsense idea like this, and the CCP forcing patriotic education on Chinese children. They'll also claim with a completely straight face that their version of history is the "truth".

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump Announces 'Patriotic Education' Commission, A Largely Political Move

Absolutely awful stuff that will hopefully have no real effect whatsoever. There's little difference between a nonsense idea like this, and the CCP forcing patriotic education on Chinese children. They'll also claim with a completely straight face that their version of history is the "truth".

Because the right is losing their minds over the 1619 Project. There’s violent denial going on of our racist history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“I'm not going to be a Democratic President. I'm going to be America's President.”
    Biden

"So we’re down in this territory,"
    "And that’s despite the fact that the blue states had had tremendous death rates. If you take the blue states out, we’re at a level that I don’t think anybody in the world would be at. We’re really at a very low level. But some of the states, they were blue states and blue state-managed."
    Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1306684848908754945?s=19

She says that at one point Trump asked whether COVID might be a good thing, because it meant he didn't have to shake hands with "those disgusting people" anymore. Just confirming the contempt he has for the American people.

That is one very brave woman. I'm hoping to be wrong, but she should be prepared to go into hiding till after the election. The GOP will loose their maniacs after her.

As for how the zealots on Boards are reacting, the usual - Bill Kristol posted this! He's a Neocon! (not bothering to realize Kristol was linking to another site.) She's a Bush republican! (she voted for Trump, worked in his administration, etc etc.)

They have no defense, they'll be deflecting left and right. A day or two will go by and there'll be something else. Do we hear much about the Atlantic article from a fortnight ago? Nah. There's been way too much else to keep up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1306684848908754945?s=19

She says that at one point Trump asked whether COVID might be a good thing, because it meant he didn't have to shake hands with "those disgusting people" anymore. Just confirming the contempt he has for the American people.

I'm going to believe this man's version of the events rather than her version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭weisses

I'm going to believe this man's version of the events rather than her version.

Based on ??

weisses wrote: »
    Based on ??

Him saying that he's been to every Corona virus taskforce meeting and he's never heard the president say the those things that she claimed he has said.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Him saying that he's been to every Corona virus taskforce meeting and he's never heard the president say the those things that she claimed he has said.
    maybe he is lying?

Did she say the #IMPOTUS's odious blathering was made at Corona virus taskforce meeting? Even the #IMPOTUS might not be that stupid all the time.

And, you've got your evidence - someone stating something in public. What more do you need?

In related news, other members of the admin are bailing and stating bad things for the record about the #IMPOTUS. There's a group forming called "REPAIR"
    of ex-Senior WH staff members offering to help clean up the mess once the #IMPOTUS and his failed administration are gone. Now, I think this is just swamp dwellers looking for a gig continuation, but I don't recall similar groups forming before previous elections. Do you?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/17/devos-aide-joins-anti-trump-group-417234

maybe he is lying?

True and maybe she is lying so it's up to each individual person to decide who they are going to believe.

I think it's safe to say that Trump supporters are going to believe his version of the events rather than her version of them.

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Did she say the #IMPOTUS's odious blathering was made at Corona virus taskforce meeting? Even the #IMPOTUS might not be that stupid all the time.

And, you've got your evidence - someone stating something in public. What more do you need?

I don't believe something just because it's said in public plenty of lies are told in public and behind closed doors.

I don't believe something just because it's said in public plenty of lies are told in public and behind closed doors.

And if she were to come up with a tape? Like, say, Bob Woodward did?

If you were eligible, would you then vote for Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What makes you believe they're lies? Do we have to go down the route of explaining what confirmation bias is?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

True and maybe she is lying so it's up to each individual person to decide who they are going to believe.

I think it's safe to say that Trump supporters are going to believe his version of the events rather than her version of them.

Its not whether one believes one version or the other, it is the basis for that belief.

We know that Trumps no 1 concern was, as is, the economy. We know he is getting his supporters to ignore guidelines to attend his rallies. We know he has attempted to blame the situation on Blue States.

We know hw constantly refutes medical advice. We know he said it would just go away.

It took him months to wear a mask.

We know all this so it is more likely, though of course not certain, than her take on the events are true.

We also know she quit her job, so something was up.

What reason do you have to dismiss all of that based on the word of a single WH employee,

Igotadose wrote: »
    And if she were to come up with a tape? Like, say, Bob Woodward did?

If you were eligible, would you then vote for Trump?

Yeah I would still vote for Trump because I could never vote for Biden and not voting isn't an option for me.

duploelabs wrote: »
    What makes you believe they're lies? Do we have to go down the route of explaining what confirmation bias is?

It's been explained to me already I'm happily in my Trump is great bubble.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Its not whether one believes one version or the other, it is the basis for that belief.

We know that Trumps no 1 concern was, as is, the economy. We know he is getting his supporters to ignore guidelines to attend his rallies. We know he has attempted to blame the situation on Blue States.

We know hw constantly refutes medical advice. We know he said it would just go away.

It took him months to wear a mask.

We know all this so it is more likely, though of course not certain, than her take on the events are true.

We also know she quit her job, so something was up.

What reason do you have to dismiss all of that based on the word of a single WH employee,

The reason I have to dismiss all of that based on the word of a single WH employee is that I am already suspicious of the timing of these statements it being less than 7 weeks before the election and I'm just more inclined to believe his version of events rather than hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

American US TV legend Jimmy Carson on Trump and Biden back in the day

https://twitter.com/i/status/1306784940009435142

The reason I have to dismiss all of that based on the word of a single WH employee is that I am already suspicious of the timing of these statements it being less than 7 weeks before the election and I'm just more inclined to believe his version of events rather than hers.

The thing is, it's pretty consistent with all the other ridiculous stuff he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

biko wrote: »
    American US TV legend Jimmy Carson on Trump and Biden back in the day

https://twitter.com/i/status/1306784940009435142

That's the best you can do??

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    That's the best you can do??

the geraldo riviera joke was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Johnny Carson....

Johnny Carson....

LOL. never copped that

Well, the virus is only there since January, and she only left the job in July!

Why are you more inclined? I pointed out the other evidence, but you prefer to believe this guy you now nothing about. Based on what?

We have heard from so many previous employees as well about his failure to deal with things, failure to read the briefs, wanting everything to be about him.

But why all of a sudden do you care who is telling the truth? You know Trump lies all the time but you don't hold that against him, truth doesn't matter does it? Or does it only matter when its against Trump?

But wait, there is more. This interview is on CNN, which we all know you don't trust anything they say and never watch. How can you possibly believe this interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biden's townhall went well. Pretty standard fare and not a complete shambles like the Trump one. Looks like the main attack points from the Trumpists are that Biden got within 6 feet of Anderson Cooper on the stage - the irony being Trump hosting mega super spreader events with no social distancing at all. And the other angle is just straight up manipulation of video like this pathetic effort by the official Trump campaign twitter account. Absolutely embarrassing.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Biden's townhall went well. Pretty standard fare and not a complete shambles like the Trump one. Looks like the main attack points from the Trumpists are that Biden got within 6 feet of Anderson Cooper on the stage - the irony being Trump hosting mega super spreader events with no social distancing at all. And the other angle is just straight up manipulation of video like this pathetic effort by the official Trump campaign twitter account. Absolutely embarrassing.

jeez that is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

jeez that is embarrassing.

Biden had a very embarrassing senior moment which clearly showed his dementia when he discussed the principle biological methods of two possible vaccines (RNA/DNA molecular structure versus immune system enhancement) and also details of the chemical specifics in how they have to be stored and transported. Morto for him and not a patch on Trump's intellectual "herd mentality" statement. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Does anybody know where one can watch the whole Trump Town Hall with ABC?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Well, the virus is only there since January, and she only left the job in July!

Why are you more inclined? I pointed out the other evidence, but you prefer to believe this guy you now nothing about. Based on what?

We have heard from so many previous employees as well about his failure to deal with things, failure to read the briefs, wanting everything to be about him.

But why all of a sudden do you care who is telling the truth? You know Trump lies all the time but you don't hold that against him, truth doesn't matter does it? Or does it only matter when its against Trump?

But wait, there is more. This interview is on CNN, which we all know you don't trust anything they say and never watch. How can you possibly believe this interview?

It's not caring about who is telling the truth because for all we know they could both be lying. It's about who am I more inclined to believe and in this instance I believe his version of events, simple as.

As for it being on CNN, it's an interview with a person so CNN aren't saying anything in this instance as it's not a CNN reporter or employee speaking. It's the person speaking that I am interested in not the medium that it is being delivered through.

• Advertisement

It's not caring about who is telling the truth because for all we know they could both be lying. It's about who am I more inclined to believe and in this instance I believe his version of events, simple as.

As for it being on CNN, it's an interview with a person so CNN aren't saying anything in this instance as it's not a CNN reporter or employee speaking. It's the person speaking that I am interested in not the medium that it is being delivered through.

Right, so you accept that not everything that is on CNN is fake news then? Is that your new position?

They cannot both be lying, as one is contradicing the other. Either she is telling the truth, or he is.

You seemingly choose to believe him, rather than her, because it suits your position of favouring Trump. Which is quite a position to take since you are so against the baised MSM, but happily exercise the exact thing you seem to have an issue with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement