Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway 2020

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

aidankkk wrote: »
    Shows how silly horses are. Ornate ran to about 115. But wouldn’t win a handicap of 90 or whatever he is.

Was some run from Glass Slippers who must have been close if not faster than the previous record. Does anyone know her time?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭readysetgo

Slattsy wrote: »
    Unlucky.

Out of interest, what price to place w/o the fav?

i checked on pp, he was 18/1 w/o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I backed Mengli Khan
    Will I ever learn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

One bet tomorrow Golden Jeffrey 4.20 Chepstow. Has twice won on the flat both times at Musselburgh over 2 miles on good to firm ground, first off a mark of 66 in a class 6 and most recently in May 2018 off 69 in a class 4. Dropped back into a class 6 tomorrow for the first time in three years, he shaped like he needed the run two weeks ago in a better race than this at Sandown when a huge drifter after seven months off. Dropped two pounds to a mark of 60, he gets good to firm ground tomorrow and down in class. Plenty of positives and worth chancing at 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Done nothing but lost in this. It's rather annoyed me!

I'm here telling myself I won't bet tomorrow, but I probably will and yes I'll probably lose again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Mr Lupton looks a big price in the Stewards Cup at 50/1 and hes 40/1 7 places one firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

One bet tomorrow Golden Jeffrey 4.20 Chepstow. Has twice won on the flat both times at Musselburgh over 2 miles on good to firm ground, first off a mark of 66 in a class 6 and most recently in May 2018 off 69 in a class 4. Dropped back into a class 6 tomorrow for the first time in three years, he shaped like he needed the run two weeks ago in a better race than this at Sandown when a huge drifter after seven months off. Dropped two pounds to a mark of 60, he gets good to firm ground tomorrow and down in class. Plenty of positives and worth chancing at 16/1

4.50/16.50 race, not 4.20 for anyone that gets lost!!

Thanks for sharing and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Slattsy wrote: »
    Unlucky.

Out of interest, what price to place w/o the fav?

He was 140/1 with 3 places with bet365 yesterday morning. Never backed🀢

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

‪Stewart’s cup 3:35 goodwood.‬

‪All 3 horses I had an interest in are drawn high , so I’ll have to go with the first one that stood out Mr Lupton. He has top class recent form and of this mark should be close if draw allows. ‬

‪2 points ew 40/1 7 pl hills 6 elsewhere ‬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

Goodwood 13:50- One Hart 16/1
    Goodwood 14:25- Quloob 9/1
    Goodwood 15:35- Lexington Dash 12/1
    Goodwood 17:10-Overwrite 9/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Only fancy at Goodwood today is Batchelor Boy here in the next. In what looks a race with fully exposed horses this lad still has plenty of improvement and Moore on board. Not sure he rides for Botti too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Morgans

My one bet today is Earthly in that race. He got stopped at the wrong time last time out at Bath, extracacted himself after the winner Hidden Deptns, had kicked clear. Earthly went out after him and cut him back to 1 1/2l at the line. Hidden Depths followed up next time out. Earthly was unlucky then, and looked a low grade stayer with a win in him. I've backed him at 7/2. I do like Rossa Ryan but cant bring myself to have even a saver on a David Pipe trained horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Buicks had 4 winners so far at Newmarket

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

3:35 Angel Alexandar (40/1). Will ignore Meydan runs and first run back. But good price based on some of runs last year. Needle in a haystack type race tho.

Morgans wrote: »
    My one bet today is Earthly in that race. He got stopped at the wrong time last time out at Bath, extracacted himself after the winner Hidden Deptns, had kicked clear. Earthly went out after him and cut him back to 1 1/2l at the line. Hidden Depths followed up next time out. Earthly was unlucky then, and looked a low grade stayer with a win in him. I've backed him at 7/2. I do like Rossa Ryan but cant bring myself to have even a saver on a David Pipe trained horse.

Safe to say Jeffrey is one to avoid at all costs henceforth. I do think On a Session is a bet in the Ahanoora handicap tomorrow. She ran well the other day in the Colm Quinn handicap when well backed but didn't stay she's never won over s mile. She was a close second in this last year off a pound lower and is well drawn with a good claimer. 18s is well worth a bet 365 there 16s in spots

On a Session, Amelia Jane and Mpex Kid e w treble too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Safe to say Jeffrey is one to avoid at all costs henceforth. I do think On a Session is a bet in the Ahanoora handicap tomorrow. She ran well the other day in the Colm Quinn handicap when well backed but didn't stay she's never won over s mile. She was a close second in this last year off a pound lower and is well drawn with a good claimer. 18s is well worth a bet 365 there 16s in spots

Agree re. On A Session.

He's On A Lovely Weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Think your the one to avoid at all costs.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Hoping Njord goes one better today in same race

Think your the one to avoid at all costs.

;)

Think the last two ones I put up here were beaten about a furlong each so very likely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

2.45 cobb and co 7/1
    3.50 sagittarius rising 33/1
    4.20 flaming moon 10/1
    5.50 born by the sea 4/1

• Advertisement
Advertisement