Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway 2020

Options
  • 26-07-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I know its not everyone's cup of tea but thought I'd start a thread for this years Galway Festival.
    So if you've got any thoughts or tips let's see them up on the thread.

I've backed FOVEROS in the 6.45. He's 16s with pp with 6 places 20s with Will Hills 5 places.
    He's currently 3rd reserve so not sure to run but if he does get in I think he has every chance of giving Willie a 4th win in a row in this race. Willie has had some high profile horses run in the past couple of years but its been some of his lesser fancied runners that have prevailed and Foveros fits that profile.
    Foveros is 2-2 at the track albeit over hurdles. The jockey might look like something out of a Western but he won the race in 2017 and '18 and can take a valuable 7lbs off.
    9 of the past 10 winners carried less than 11st.

GL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Looked at the angle of Mullins less fancied horses winning this in previous years but Sharjah is a different class to the likes of Limini and Mr Adjudicator and will come on from the run last time out. Patrick on board too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

She's a Babe is down to her last winning mark and is in to a 0-80 handicap tomorrow. Drawn in stall one with a good claimer. 20/1 with 365 in the 5.45. should go well

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Libertyed

Here i'm going with two horses that should give a good account of themselves, one was last years winner for trainer W. Mullins and Lady Jockey claiming 7lbs Miss T. Townends claiming 7lbs C/D winning runner 2019 "Great White Shark", and Grandmaster Flash for Joseph O'Briens who is going up in trip and has recently good form of 2122-73 with Mr. B. O'Neill in the saddle could make a good reversed forecast 16/1 & 14/1 Betfair playing 5 places...Get in there and picking up the winnings...

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Lucky 15 on the following (Blind picking)
    Blue for you
    Elite legion
    Lady Scathach
    She's a babe

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Been given Aliento 5/2 in 3.20 at Redcar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Oh well Non Runner......Will have an ew on Takerengo instead

Been given Aliento 5/2 in 3.20 at Redcar

NR now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Galway: Need low draw for 1m or less, a horse that can handle the track and about a stone up your sleeve!

4.10 Trusted Ally - ran a cracker on debut and wasn't overly exerted 3/1
    4.40 Soaring Monach - bad draw but its debut run behind Tiger Moth with Red Gerry 3L ahead of him reads well now. 10/1 ew
    5.15 Lady Scathach bolted up last time. Can go in again 5/2
    5.45 *** I've a personal interest in the race so skipping this**
    6.15 Share the Honor 7/2
    6.45 Takarengo 14/1
    7.15 Lilli Milena 9/2
    7.45 Thosedaysaregone NAP completely unexposed on the flat with only 4 runs, have a look at what the horse Rayounpour has done which was just ahead of him at Limerick last month. Forget the last I suspect today has been the target and there is money for him 7/2

GL today

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

5:15 - Lads, I think Lightning Amber looks absolutely chucked in for this one, going in as top weight in this 50-80 handicap. She's already got proven ability, beating Heliac last year as a three year old, who is now a 100 rated horse. She had two runs this year, the first she was desperately unlucky in and while I don't think she would have won, she wouldn't have been far off Chacor who came second that day and is now rated 97 (114 rated Patrick Sarsfield was the winner). Her last race at Leopardstown looked like a non-event, and perhaps the intention was to get her down from the 81 rating she had then, to the 80 she carries today that let's her just scrape in as top weight. Dermot Weld looks like he has not given up on regaining his leading Galway trainer title going be the entries he has, and I don't think he's leaving anything to chance either, putting a 5lb claimer on board.

13/2 best price. I rarely put big bets on, but have decided to have a decent wedge (for me) on this one. This horse on paper should be a stone better than this lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

4.40 Soaring monarch 12/1
    5.15 Dedillon 14/1
    5.45 Eastern racer 20/1
    6.15 Lariat 18/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BumperD wrote: »
    Galway: Need low draw for 1m or less, a horse that can handle the track and about a stone up your sleeve!

4.10 Trusted Ally - ran a cracker on debut and wasn't overly exerted 3/1
    4.40 Soaring Monach - bad draw but its debut run behind Tiger Moth with Red Gerry 3L ahead of him reads well now. 10/1 ew
    5.15 Lady Scathach bolted up last time. Can go in again 5/2
    5.45 *** I've a personal interest in the race so skipping this**
    6.15 Share the Honor 7/2
    6.45 Takarengo 14/1
    7.15 Lilli Milena 9/2
    7.45 Thosedaysaregone NAP completely unexposed on the flat with only 4 runs, have a look at what the horse Rayounpour has done which was just ahead of him at Limerick last month. Forget the last I suspect today has been the target and there is money for him 7/2

GL today

Who are you riding in the 5.45?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Looked at the angle of Mullins less fancied horses winning this in previous years but Sharjah is a different class to the likes of Limini and Mr Adjudicator and will come on from the run last time out. Patrick on board too

Really??!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Is it just me but this meeting is overhyped to all extent. Apart from the Plate and the Hurdle, the rest of the races are moderate. RTE this morning talking it up as if it is Cheltenham. Embarrassing. And 7 days of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Bizzare run from Share The Honour

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Is it just me but this meeting is overhyped to all extent. Apart from the Plate and the Hurdle, the rest of the races are moderate. RTE this morning talking it up as if it is Cheltenham. Embarrassing. And 7 days of it.

Galway basically exits for the crowds and filling the city of Galway, it's non existent without crowds in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Galway 6:45

Around here e/w is poor value with the amount of luck involved so I'm going for a few tiny bets at big prices to win on the exchange.

1 Pt win 34 Grandmaster Flash (good Form overpriced)

1/2 Pt Tiger Tap Tap 46 (mad price, Capable horse)

1/2 pt Kings Vow 130

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Have a few on time to study

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Cal4567 wrote: »

It's a load of ****e, Goodwood is the only good thing about this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

JP gamble landed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Delighted for JP, great to see.

• Advertisement

It's a load of ****e, Goodwood is the only good thing about this week

It's good competitive racing just cause you can't back a winner doesn't mean its ****e and considering the ****e that ran at ascot goodwood will be no better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Andrew00 wrote: »
    JP gamble landed

Doesn't "gamble landed" translate as "the fix was in"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Free 5 euro bet on 14:15 GOODWOOD, TUESDAY with pp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

It's good competitive racing just cause you can't back a winner doesn't mean its ****e and considering the ****e that ran at ascot goodwood will be no better

Yea, ascot and goodwood are no better than galway , back to bed for yourself please.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

Doesn't "gamble landed" translate as "the fix was in"?

Are you saying that this race was fixed?? If so can you elaborate further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

scart wrote: »
    Are you saying that this race was fixed?? If so can you elaborate further.

You should perhaps read what I said again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

This guy!!!
    I love Galway, I prefer Galway, but.... In terms of quality Galway is to Goodwood what Offaly to the Dubs!!
    Stradivarius and Battash are running at Goodwood.
    By contrast the favs for the 2 big races at Galway are Easy Game and Aramon FFS man

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Saltonstall 10/1 in the Mile Handicap may be my small dabble tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Saltonstall 10/1 in the Mile Handicap may be my small dabble tomorrow...

Same!

• Advertisement

This guy!!!
    I love Galway, I prefer Galway, but.... In terms of quality Galway is to Goodwood what Offaly to the Dubs!!
    Stradivarius and Battash are running at Goodwood.
    By contrast the favs for the 2 big races at Galway are Easy Game and Aramon FFS man

everyone knows galway isn't group racing but theres always some idiot every year telling us how awful it is, at least its competitive unlike gosden and o'brien hoovering up

Advertisement